Raith vs Cove, 18/3/2023

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not at the game today, thank f*ck. We're getting trounced clearly. Are these BBC stats correct. Conceded with every shot on target?

Screenshot_2023-03-18-16-33-36-82_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

I would say so…but it’s not a bit reflective of the play…you don’t deserve that score line, but it’s accurate.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not at the game today, thank f*ck. We're getting trounced clearly. Are these BBC stats correct. Conceded with every shot on target?

Screenshot_2023-03-18-16-33-36-82_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

Pretty much, aye. I can only think of one Gourlay making one stop, with his feet. Other than that, they've all gone in. 

Apart from the first goal, this hasn't been a car crash performance from Cove Rangers, at all. Instead, they look like a collection of reasonably technically sound players, just absolutely nowhere near Championship level. 

Just now, TxRover said:

I would say so…but it’s not a bit reflective of the play…you don’t deserve that score line, but it’s accurate.

I'd agree with that. In some ways it's reminiscent of the game we lost 5-2 to Queen's Park earlier this season, which looked pretty even in terms of stats. In that game I think almost every shot on the Raith goal went in too.

Final score line totally unfair to Cove’s effort, and they actually looked more threatening for the first 10-15 minutes, but never got anything really on the goal besides the first effort there. After that, they drifted into middle of the park play and watching the Rovers knock the ball about. Today our shots went in, Cove never gave up, but they look finished.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Final score line totally unfair to Cove’s effort, and they actually looked more threatening for the first 10-15 minutes, but never got anything really on the goal besides the first effort there. After that, they drifted into middle of the park play and watching the Rovers knock the ball about. Today our shots went in, Cove never gave up, but they look finished.

Since Hartley's come in it feels every deflection finds the back of the net, every penalty claim against is given, we score own goal at a crucial time and any chance we get hits the woodwork.

Clearly we've been soft at the back but at times we look in games. Just not able to do it for the whole 90 minutes hence the dismal run. 

Our players, especially 90% of the 10 new recruits aren't good enough to compete at this level. We scraped the barrel and got the dregs who could only find PT football.

Our hope and the same goes probably for Arbroath and Hamilton is to beat each other and knick the odd point here or there to try and salvage 8th. IF it's us we'll be FT next season, rightly or wrongly, will throw more cash at it and maybe might have more of a chance of being competitive

Ruthless is always good especially in the run in. Keep looking up Rovers

Edited by CoveRangers1922

25 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Typical, stuck on the sofa watching the game on a crap Pixelot stream thanks to catching Covid, and this is the game where we decide to start scoring for fun.

I was at the rugby on a freebie. I feel your pain (not really, the rugby, a few drinks and a meal is a sightly better deal, but still).

That really could have been 8 or 9 and Cove could've had no complaints. Vaughan hit the bar,  Akio missed a chance across the face of goal and we had various other opportunities. A few weeks ago when Partick beat us there was a few of their fans who said "everything went right" - today that was the case for us. 

I'm just grateful we've got lads like Easton and Vaughan for us. Cove didn't know how to handle the passing and movement. Delighted for Nolan and McGill to get their first goals.  I felt McGill in particular looked far more adept as a right back compared to the limited time we've seen him as a centre mid. Roll on next weekend. 

Horror show from Cove, absolutely amateur side turned out for them today. Megginson looks like a joke of a captain, hid away when his team went down, no talking, no encouragement, nothing. 

Rovers didn't start either half well but scored two goals each half while creating nothing else. But after that 4th goal we looked like a team willing to go and grab more. Eastons goal was a cracker as well. Was never a penalty though and Akio's miss was atrocious, at any level of the game, proper shocking touch on the ball. No idea what Scott Brown needs to do to get a man of the match award, maybe take the decision away from the fans who vote for goalscorers and that's it.