Raith vs Cove, 18/3/2023

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Is my super fan status now revoked?

What a judgemental lot you are. What does it matter to you if a couple of random punters leaves early? Ask yourself why this bothers you so much?

You know, he’s right. We have no real right to criticize a person for a decision like this. There might be another thing not being mentioned here…I’ll use myself as an example.

A couple of years ago, I found myself in a concert that I was dying to attend, and leaving a little before an hour of the main act. Turned out the seats I was in had a terrible view with people standing, and everyone was standing. At that time, I had a back issue that meant that standing for an extended period became excruciatingly  painful…thus I bailed on a concert I was enjoying because sitting in a well of people, trying to listen, sucked.

We don’t expect people to share personal reasons for their behavior, and just because he shared he left without necessarily getting into all his reasons why, we jump on him? Being a fan means different things and behaviors to many people…some people don’t think I’m a real fan simply because I haven’t attended in person in years…I’ll explain it in an email if the official responsible for approving my fan status asks for an explanation, by the way.

Why does it matter? I’m now regretting my greenie after having read this…but can’t find a way to withdraw a rating without reversing it.

4 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Just the same ones as usual.

Just wondering if a decision was made NOT to include the reverse angle of the tackle that was called the penalty? Was it to avoid any controversy, because on the match replay, it doesn’t flatter the official.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering if a decision was made NOT to include the reverse angle of the tackle that was called the penalty? Was it to avoid any controversy, because on the match replay, it doesn’t flatter the official.

No. The highlights are not intentionally biased, and never have been in my time.

The cameras behind the goal up the top of the stand only save the the previous 30 seconds or so of footage when we hit a trigger during the stream after a goal goes in. Therefore, the main camera angle was the only saved footage we had.

1 minute ago, Roath Raver said:

No. The highlights are not intentionally biased, and never have been in my time.

The cameras behind the goal up the top of the stand only save the the previous 30 seconds or so of footage when we hit a trigger during the stream after a goal goes in. Therefore, the main camera angle was the only saved footage we had.

I wasn’t suggesting bias, but was wondering if perhaps it might be an issue of avoiding controversy with the SPFL/SFA for possibly “questioning” a referees decision. In the U.S., there is a prohibition on showing certain replays on the big screen in certain sports to avoid possible troubles in the stadium. I just didn’t know if there might be a reason like that.

Something worth reiterating about yesterday's game that hopefully we can all agree on: how brilliant was it to see a fit and healthy Lewis Vaughan running around for almost the entire game, firing shots in left, right and centre, taking on opponents, scoring in front of the South Stand, and generally looking like he was really enjoying his football? He is a joy to watch when he's on form.

Never been told to omit anything in terms of a decision that I can recall. Try to make the highlights cover the most important moments and in this case that was all we had to work with. Just blowing up the stream feed is too low res and we actually can’t get a copy until a bit after the match anyway. In another scenario, when we are putting a penalty shout that is not given in the highlights it isn’t RaithTV saying this should have been a penalty by putting it in, it’s simply in there for folk to make their own mind up.

Edited by Roath Raver

16 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Did the highlights not show Vaughan's shot for the hat-trick that the goalie tipped onto the bar? There's 12 minutes and I maybe zoned out but I can't remember seeing it.

It’s in there…there’s just so much goodness you zoned out. (Edited to add: look at 9:38)

24 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Never been told to omit anything in terms of a decision that I can recall. Try to make the highlights cover the most important moments and in this case that was all we had to work with. Just blowing up the stream feed is too low res and we actually can’t get a copy until a bit after the match anyway. In another scenario, when we are putting a penalty shout that is not given in the highlights it isn’t RaithTV saying this should have been a penalty by putting it in, it’s simply in there for folk to make their own mind up.

Absolutely no complaints from me, you lot do the best job in the Championship, and are surely top five overall in fitba!

Edited by TxRover

55 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You know, he’s right. We have no real right to criticize a person for a decision like this. There might be another thing not being mentioned here…I’ll use myself as an example.

A couple of years ago, I found myself in a concert that I was dying to attend, and leaving a little before an hour of the main act. Turned out the seats I was in had a terrible view with people standing, and everyone was standing. At that time, I had a back issue that meant that standing for an extended period became excruciatingly  painful…thus I bailed on a concert I was enjoying because sitting in a well of people, trying to listen, sucked.

We don’t expect people to share personal reasons for their behavior, and just because he shared he left without necessarily getting into all his reasons why, we jump on him? Being a fan means different things and behaviors to many people…some people don’t think I’m a real fan simply because I haven’t attended in person in years…I’ll explain it in an email if the official responsible for approving my fan status asks for an explanation, by the way.

Why does it matter? I’m now regretting my greenie after having read this…but can’t find a way to withdraw a rating without reversing it.

He did give the reason. That his pal thought it was like a training match. That’s why they left. I responded by saying that’s a pathetic excuse to leave a match. I’m not bothered by it. I’m just stating my opinion on it. That’s what this forum is all about no? Opinions? Hardly fucking jumping on him. Merely stating that I thought it was a pathetic excuse. 

24 minutes ago, Wardy said:

He did give the reason. That his pal thought it was like a training match. That’s why they left. I responded by saying that’s a pathetic excuse to leave a match. I’m not bothered by it. I’m just stating my opinion on it. That’s what this forum is all about no? Opinions? Hardly fucking jumping on him. Merely stating that I thought it was a pathetic excuse. 

I’ll ask your permission next time.

27 minutes ago, Wardy said:

He gave a public reason. Opinions, fine…but there was a wee bit of piling on there. One man’s and all…

Edit: Piling on by number of comments, not you specifically.

Edited by TxRover

Lovely goals yesterday, the first is a pure strikers instinct aided by a poor kick but he still had a lot to do. 

The second is a typical Vaughan goal a strong low strike across the keeper. 

Nolan goal is actually a lot better than it looked the keeper has been wrong footed and the ball headed away from him. 

Easton does not score tap ins absolute thunder b*****d.

Soft as f**k penalty which the keeper nearly saved. 

McGill goal is a poor cross pounced on as their defence was knackered and lost interest. 

Vaughan looked on it yesterday and his cut inside shot that hit the bar would have been the pick of the bunch. 

Even in the highlights it didn't look a 6-1 and MacDonald has pulled off a couple of strong saves either half. 

47 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Nolan goal is actually a lot better than it looked the keeper has been wrong footed and the ball headed away from him. 

I did notice Nolan looked a good half a head taller than his marker there after the ball goes home, so I thought perhaps the break toward to goal from the spot tactic is paying off with a confused opposition. Then I slowed it down and it looks like it was 26 for Cove, which would be Mark Reynolds..shows as 1.8m, while Nolan shows 1.88m, which isn’t that much difference, and Reynolds is an experienced CH, so extra good job Ryan!

I’d have Nolan signed for next season by now, if it were up to me. Has improved as the season’s gone on and you can see the confidence that getting game time under his belt has given him. Him and Lang are good centre half pairing for the Championship. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Lovely goals yesterday, the first is a pure strikers instinct aided by a poor kick but he still had a lot to do. 

The second is a typical Vaughan goal a strong low strike across the keeper. 

Easton does not score tap ins absolute thunder b*****d.

Soft as f**k penalty which the keeper nearly saved. 

McGill goal is a poor cross pounced on as their defence was knackered and lost interest. 

Vaughan looked on it yesterday and his cut inside shot that hit the bar would have been the pick of the bunch. 

Even in the highlights it didn't look a 6-1 and MacDonald has pulled off a couple of strong saves either half. 

Never mind not looking a 6-1 in the highlights, it could have easily been a 10-1 based on being at the game.