Raith vs Cove, 18/3/2023

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I just chummed a pal who wasn’t feeling it to the pub. Weirdo behaviour seems harsh. I suspect that most of my peer group aren’t that passionate about football anymore. We like it, we’d miss it if it was gone, but it’s not all consuming.

Mate I’m 52 and still get butterflies in my stomach every time I enter Starks Park. It’s the ultimate thrill. You shoulda maybe stayed in the pub and not went. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That penalty 😂 I have absolutely no idea what the referee even thinks he's seen. It would've taken some touch from Easton to shift the ball away from himself at a right angle as the tackle comes in. Ridiculous. If that was at a pivotal moment in a big game, you'd lose your mind. 

Was a great challenge from Longridge who's done well since joining on loan from Livi. 

As you say it wasn't pivotal, far from it so poor refereeing but luckily didn't impact anything.

We looked fairly solid at the back last week and even the Dundee game the week before so very disappointing to be carved open.

After Gourlay's error early on our brittle confidence showed and Rovers exploited it

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

is your pal a secret Rangers fan or something? I just think it’s a pretty shoddy excuse to leave a game pal. Doesn’t really bother me, but just putting my opinion across.

Supporting the wrong team if your leaving a game while the rovers are winning 2-0 and giving the excuse as it’s “like a training game” 

It’s quite a strong opinion. Fellow Rovers supporters calling me a weirdo and pathetic seems harsh to me. What an inclusive, non-judgemental bunch you are. He’s a lapsed Dundee United but he’s been going to the Rovers for years now cause he lives in Kirkcaldy. Just like I’m a lapsed Motherwell fan who lives in Kirkcaldy.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s quite a strong opinion. Fellow Rovers supporters calling me a weirdo and pathetic seems harsh to me. What an inclusive, non-judgemental bunch you are. He’s a lapsed Dundee United but he’s been going to the Rovers for years now cause he lives in Kirkcaldy. Just like I’m a lapsed Motherwell fan who lives in Kirkcaldy.

Ah so after giving us more context, this makes more sense. Still a pathetic excuse to leave a football match after paying entry. I’ll stand by that “strong” opinion. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Ah.. that explains it. You’re actually a Well fan. Nae harm in that. Thanks for the cash😆

10 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Ah so after giving us more context, this makes more sense. Still a pathetic excuse to leave a football match after paying entry. I’ll stand by that “strong” opinion. Cheers.

Why do I even give excuses? Pathetic or otherwise. It’s because I care for the club. You clearly have a different value system where leaving a ground early once in a while is some heinous act.

18 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Mate I’m 52 and still get butterflies in my stomach every time I enter Starks Park. It’s the ultimate thrill. You shoulda maybe stayed in the pub and not went. 

I’m glad for you. I wish I still had that thrill.

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Why do I even give excuses? Pathetic or otherwise. It’s because I care for the club. You clearly have a different value system where leaving a ground early once in a while is some heinous act.

Did I say it was a heinous act? You’re just blabbering on now so just forget it. Do what you want to do and that’s fair enough. But coming on here and saying you left at half time because your pal wasn’t feeling it will always get a reaction. It’s a simple as that. 

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You are a prominent poster, I just think you need to start feeling it again. It’s not always pretty. But it’s the fans that matter. It’s what the club deserves. If Motherwell is your club at heart then bash on. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

You are a prominent poster, I just think you need to start feeling it again. It’s not always pretty. But it’s the fans that matter. It’s what the club deserves. If Motherwell is your club at heart then bash on. 

I haven’t been to Fir Park since 1994. The only football teams I give two hoots about are the Rovers and Scotland, but to be honest now my boy is playing football I am more enthusiastic about that. He is mad keen on the Rovers so that’ll keep me going.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Is my super fan status now revoked?

What a judgemental lot you are. What does it matter to you if a couple of random punters leaves early? Ask yourself why this bothers you so much?

It doesn't bother me at all. I was making a joke... 

I think the only reason the pen was given was the way the defender slid in with his studs up, which of course is dangerous play, regardless if he gets the ball or not. Maybe controversial but that’s how I saw it on the highlights. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Is my super fan status now revoked?

What a judgemental lot you are. What does it matter to you if a couple of random punters leaves early? Ask yourself why this bothers you so much?

While it doesn't bother me that people leave early in games, they've paid their money to get in by that point, I feel a similar attitude to games is what gives us pathetic home crowds of ~1600 for a league game but ~3700 for a cup final. The fairweather fan is a huge reason why we run at a yearly deficit while trying to remain competitive.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

I think the only reason the pen was given was the way the defender slid in with his studs up, which of course is dangerous play, regardless if he gets the ball or not. Maybe controversial but that’s how I saw it on the highlights. 

It was a great tackle and highlights just how weak football has become that if that was the reason its now a foul. For me, it was just Lloyd Wilson highlighting how poor an official he is.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

That’s how I saw it on the highlights, can actually see how the ref has given it rightly or wrongly. From behind the goals, it didn’t look a penalty a million years.