Raith vs Cove, 18/3/2023

56 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That's never, ever a penalty. An absolutely brilliant tackle. 

Yep, totally agree, I was only a few rows back, shocked when the ref (who was pretty hopeless the whole game) pointed to the spot, Cove defender made a great tackle.

As has been said more clinical finishing and it could easily have been double figures. Also an absolutely fantastic save from Jammer when it was only 1-0.   

34 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Since Hartley's come in it feels every deflection finds the back of the net, every penalty claim against is given, we score own goal at a crucial time and any chance we get hits the woodwork.

Clearly we've been soft at the back but at times we look in games. Just not able to do it for the whole 90 minutes hence the dismal run. 

Our players, especially 90% of the 10 new recruits aren't good enough to compete at this level. We scraped the barrel and got the dregs who could only find PT football.

Our hope and the same goes probably for Arbroath and Hamilton is to beat each other and knick the odd point here or there to try and salvage 8th. IF it's us we'll be FT next season, rightly or wrongly, will throw more cash at it and maybe might have more of a chance of being competitive

Ruthless is always good especially in the run in. Keep looking up Rovers

I suspect Cove will drop to tenth and go back down. The good news is League One next year won’t be as tough as this year, unless Falkirk bottle it. If Arbroath drop with Cove, it’ll be a nice challenge, but if the Accies go down, they could implode and pull a Brechin.

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon’s entertainment. Vaughan so unlucky not to get the hat trick when his shot clipped the top of the bar towards the end. Easton’s goal was a work of art. The technique to keep that under control and cut across it just enough to get the dip and the swerve to keep it down, followed by the impact off the underside. Aesthetically fantastic 🤌🏻

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Straight forward enough today, makes a change. 

There's a high probability I'll have Easton's goal on repeat for a good chunk of tomorrow. Unreal strike. 

Was sat next to big Q near the front, I heard the shout of "Dylan's" then boom, what a strike, twas a thing of beauty. Pity it will be midnight before I see it again

Big shout out to Scott brown for today's performance. What a difference having his dig and ability at cm again today. It let's the attackers go and play knowing they have him running about like a mad man winning everything. Isma looked alot better today and I thought mcgill done well once he got over the initial rustiness that comes from not playing. Dissapointing to lose the goal but can't really complain when we were well on top for 70+ minutes gameplay wise. Vaughan unlucky not to get his hat trick but it was a good save from gourley. Nice confidence booster ahead of next week. 

@philpysame... 

You could tell cove are a team that haven't won many games recently. They where arguing amongst themselves and basically folded defensively. Fair play to the travelling support today. It's a long way to go when your team isn't performing. 

We got a wee bit soft when Dick had to slide over to cover for Lang, you could tell that Nolan is comfortable working with Lang and not as in sync with Dick. I would be extremely happy to hear we’d go into next year with Lang and Nolan as our first choice CH’s. With Millen and Dick, and Young and Masson backing them up, I’d think we have a pretty solid start if we can sign them (only Millen signed so far).

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Fair play to the travelling support today. It's a long way to go when your team isn't performing. 

Aye, it was only when the 5th went in that some of them left the ground, I'll admit at 4-0 down I'd probably have left and gone for a pint

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Very glad Kev is back at games so we can get stuff like this. 

Wish I had that from where I was sitting, the swerve on the ball was just a pleasure to the eyes 

26 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Wish I had that from where I was sitting, the swerve on the ball was just a pleasure to the eyes 

I can't have been sat far from you today. The movement on the ball was beautiful. I think Murray said earlier this season that Easton doesn't score tap ins...