Partick Thistle vs. Dundee - 18/3/2023

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We didn’t do enough to deserve to win that, but what the f**k was Mullen doing with his shot at the end? An absolutely abysmal effort.

Defied the laws of physics 😂

Even a firm pass across the goal would have been better. 

Pretty piss poor game.

Highlights how important Milne is for us getting forward. without him we ended up just hitting lots of long punts to Graham that he generally did what Brian Graham does, with a view to getting a wee bit of space for Tiffoney running off from it, but it didnt work/was comfortably defended by Dundee.

Bit of a learning curve for Doolan from that, Dowds + Mullen probably could have done with coming on earlier than they did as we looked a bit better going forward once they were on and we were blatantly powderpuff in attack before the changes were made, but a dour 0-0 is about all that match deserved.

Lawless looked like he was running through a tar pit at times through that.

Another clean sheet at least, small positive what with mcavoy (back at Fulham and all), aero and milne all unable to play.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Thought Thistle played some good stuff for the first 15-20 minutes without ever really threatening, Dundee were absolutely atrocious in the first half. Thought Jakubiak made a difference when he came on, and caused some issues. Second half was awful.

We really miss Harry Milne - Hodson was fine but his final ball is crap. Mullen miss at the end was absolutely baffling. 

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We didn’t do enough to deserve to win that, but what the f**k was Mullen doing with his shot at the end? An absolutely abysmal effort.

Danny Mullen will always be the ultimate enigma. A full-time striker who utterly keeks his breeks any time he has the ball in a scoring position. He went through what I thought was a weird wee spell with us where he was scoring with his head regularly and the ball seemed to have an uncanny ability to avoid landing at his feet, then he would score from crap positions where he did all the hard work himself and created his own chance, and I thought that if the ball started being a bit kinder to him he'd be banging them in left and right.

Well turns out I was completely wrong, and he miraculously Iwelumo's it at a rate that increases in correlation with how big a sitter the chance is. :bag

I could say that I think Thistle just about edged that, but...what's the fucking point?  A Dundee team that only improved late on after being seemingly unable to complete anything other than a basic pass, and a Thistle side that are just completely tedious.  Could've played for several weeks and not scored, perfectly exhibited by Mullen doing the difficult part in winning the ball, then inexplicably managing to put the ball almost vertical.

Fitting that both sides have probably just about killed any small chance they had for the title.  Hard to look forward to the playoffs when it's likely to be these two sides contesting them.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

I could say that I think Thistle just about edged that, but...what's the fucking point?  A Dundee team that only improved late on after being seemingly unable to complete anything other than a basic pass, and a Thistle side that are just completely tedious.  Could've played for several weeks and not scored, perfectly exhibited by Mullen doing the difficult part in winning the ball, then inexplicably managing to put the ball almost vertical.

Fitting that both sides have probably just about killed any small chance they had for the title.  Hard to look forward to the playoffs when it's likely to be these two sides contesting them.

Bit OTT considering the three previous games played between the sides!