Doonhamers vs. Bairns

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I fully expect that to be Falkirk's stance given they're a far better side and you've watched them a lot more than me, obviously. But tbh I didn't think you were any worse today than the first game. I think MB got his tactics spot on today and contained any Falkirk threat. Morrison is a brilliant player but Hendrie had him absolutely pegged. Thoroughly deserving of his motm award. 

We really should have scored another couple but for me the defence gets all the plaudits. Some height in that Falkirk side and I can't recall them winning any headers from crosses/corners. Outstanding from us at the back today. The more I see Brydon the more I think a 2 year deal is an excellent piece of business. 

Very rare past few years I've left Palmerston with such a smile on my face. 

Note - Barry Cook is still fucking shite. A truly awful referee. 

First time I've seen us since Dunfermline game. Outstanding performance from us defensively. Appreciate Falkirk 'werent very good' but to a major extent that's because we didnt let them be. Marvin got the tactics spot on. Defence was rock solid with Logan and Hendrie providing an attacking threat on the overlap, and Wilson and Todd protecting in front. That left the other 3 to see what they could get out of the Falkirk defence with Todd joining to make it 4 when he could.

Paul McKay's best game of the season. East, Logan and Hendrie all good too but Jack Brydon was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Won everything that went near him, composed in possession, throwing himself into blocks and for good measure a throw in that might be longer than Lyndon Dykes'.

The only time Falkirk looked like scoring was from a Ruari Paton glancing header at a corner! Dabrowski did well to save that and dealt comfortably with anything else that came near him too. Although he can cut out the drag backs 30 yds from goal in the 91st minute please!!!

The goal was a touch farcical but thoroughly deserved. McKechnie should have made it two early in the 2nd half but didnt lift it and Kinnear made a good block.

No failures. Paton had a hard shift on his own but put the work in and had a big hand in the goal. McKechnie's pace was a threat all game. Connelly was lively. Cochrane excellent when he came on. Gibson did well too and showed maturity to run the clock down in the corner rather than try to force another. 

Delighted with that, particularly the defending.

53 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

No surprise. Teams heads were at Hampden and they need to realise this league is far from over.

Nope after today it's most probably over....that's now 9 points with 8 to go.

Last week was 8 points with 9 to play.

Week before was 5 points with 10 to play... notice a trend here matey?!

Edited by Fallen Angel

We were unusually good today at winning headers in our own box.

It went a long way towards us never looking all that troubled.  Obviously, it was never exactly relaxing, but we held out without many scares. 

A good result psychologically before we face Falkirk in the play-offs. 

1 hour ago, Fallen Angel said:

Nope after today it's most probably over....that's now 9 points with 8 to go.

Last week was 8 points with 9 to play.

Week before was 5 points with 10 to play... notice a trend here matey?!

Do the playoffs not count?

5 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Did QOS decide to change ends at start of match today to try and change our luck - it worked?

Wondered that myself when Falkirk kicked off. I thought if you didn't pick sides you got to kick off. Unless of course the ref decided what heads and tails would be. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wondered that myself when Falkirk kicked off. I thought if you didn't pick sides you got to kick off. Unless of course the ref decided what heads and tails would be. 

That used to be the case (winner of the toss picked sides, loser got kick off), now whoever wins the toss can either choose to have kick off, or switch sides. Still suggests we chose to switch, as you’d think it unlikely that Falkirk would have declined having kick off. 

11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Thanks Queens. Howling performance from Pars today and we still increased our lead at the top. 

You're welcome, no probs ... oh, and could you also be "howling" on April 15th please ... cheers.

Falkirk TV highlights up. Hopefully McGlynn has a look to confirm he's talking shite. 

Didn't realise at the time how well worked our goal was. Another week we play the ball on the deck nicely and it results in a goal. Maybe stick with that approach rather than the long ball? 

Yeats doubling down on his dive as well. Claiming he was clipped at the back of his heel when there's no one behind him :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Falkirk TV highlights up. Hopefully McGlynn has a look to confirm he's talking shite. 

Didn't realise at the time how well worked our goal was. Another week we play the ball on the deck nicely and it results in a goal. Maybe stick with that approach rather than the long ball? 

Yeats doubling down on his dive as well. Claiming he was clipped at the back of his heel when there's no one behind him :lol:

Falkirk Manager in talking shite shocker, whoda thunk it. 

As for the dive, admittedly there were a few bodies in the way of my view, must admit though I was expecting the ref to point to the spot. 

24 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Falkirk Manager in talking shite shocker, whoda thunk it. 

As for the dive, admittedly there were a few bodies in the way of my view, must admit though I was expecting the ref to point to the spot. 

I thought it was a blatant dive at the time and the video confirms it. Part of me expected a penalty to be given because Barry Cook. 

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it was a blatant dive at the time and the video confirms it. Part of me expected a penalty to be given because Barry Cook. 

Looked a dive to me from main stand. My son was behind the goal though and was adamant there was contact and we got away with it.

I like Barry Cook. He's the best ref we've had all season and we've had him 3 or 4 times.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Looked a dive to me from main stand. My son was behind the goal though and was adamant there was contact and we got away with it.

I like Barry Cook. He's the best ref we've had all season and we've had him 3 or 4 times.

Aye, can't really recall any blatant mistakes by the Ref yesterday, none that seriously impacted the game anyway. Surprised he's getting a bit of stick in some quarters.