Doonhamers vs. Bairns

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Looked a dive to me from main stand. My son was behind the goal though and was adamant there was contact and we got away with it.

I like Barry Cook. He's the best ref we've had all season and we've had him 3 or 4 times.

31 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, can't really recall any blatant mistakes by the Ref yesterday, none that seriously impacted the game anyway. Surprised he's getting a bit of stick in some quarters. 

Can't be doing with stop start referee's tbh. Just get on with the game. Some things were very petty as well. Like I say, no surprise to me he's at this level the now.

The guy said he felt contact from behind him and it's clear there was no one behind him which to me says he was at it tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Looked a dive to me from main stand. My son was behind the goal though and was adamant there was contact and we got away with it.

I like Barry Cook. He's the best ref we've had all season and we've had him 3 or 4 times.

Barry Cook is a excellent ref always trys to let the game flow not stopping and starting all the time. 

It was dive video confirms that very good spot from Cook many weak refs would have been conned I thought when the whistle went he had . 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Barry Cook is a excellent ref always trys to let the game flow not stopping and starting all the time. 

It was dive video confirms that very good spot from Cook many weak refs would have been conned I thought when the whistle went he had . 

It's possible looking at the footage that Jack Brydon makes some contact with him though it does certainly look like Yeats throws himself down rather than is taken down by whatever contact there may have been. Brydon does look momentarily worried though.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

How many goals did a QoS player score ?

Work that out and make sense of it, we had to score for you and unfortunately you didn't return the favour.....

I'll make it easy for you in that if we didn't score the goal that won the game for you it would've been a draw 

Respond to you in here seeing as a lot of your fans don't know what a match thread is for and are getting upset when we respond in your thread. 

This isn't a serious post from you though, is it? 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Respond to you in here seeing as a lot of your fans don't know what a match thread is for and are getting upset when we respond in your thread. 

This isn't a serious post from you though, is it? 

That is absolutely fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would normally discuss games with opposition fans on the match thread and with fellow Falkirk fans in the Falkirk thread. Does that not make sense? I never feel the need to go on to another teams thread to get involved in their own discussions on the match whether we win or lose but for some reason other teams do. 

Except you gave your assessment of the game on your own page and posted absolutely nothing in here. In fact I think only 3 Falkirk posters appeared in here after the game. 

Sometimes I don't feel like posting after a shite result either but if I posted my summary in the QoS thread and (like a couple of the Falkirk posters' views in your thread) if it was complete shite and totally biased then I'd fully expect the opposition posters to respond regardless of where it was. 

This "stay out of our thread" behaviour is extremely weird tbh. 

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Except you gave your assessment of the game on your own page and posted absolutely nothing in here. In fact I think only 3 Falkirk posters appeared in here after the game. 

Sometimes I don't feel like posting after a shite result either but if I posted my summary in the QoS thread and (like a couple of the Falkirk posters' views in your thread) if it was complete shite and totally biased then I'd fully expect the opposition posters to respond regardless of where it was. 

Get a grip 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The notion that there are "no go" areas on P&B for other clubs fans is a complete nonsense to be honest. If people want to stick to their own fans only they will mostly have their own fans message boards to post on if they want. I almost never visit another club's own discussion sites. On the other hand if it's on here and I feel like reading it or commenting on it then I will. It's a multi club forum. People that don't like that are free to not let the door hit them on the arse on their way out to their own place. If Falkirk fans want to be precious about their own place they can do it in "One F" or whatever it's called.

The whole point of P&B is that it's a multi club forum. I've said in the past that my biggest bug bear about P&B compared to the past is that we now even have club specific threads. Back in the day, it used to be any talking point was fair game for a thread to be started and if it was popular, it'd stay relevant whereas if it weren't, it'd just sink like a stone. The individual club threads are a good wee base, but too restrictive IMO.

I must admit, I do visit one club forums quite regularly - much prefer that to the likes of FB etc - to get a true impression of what fans think on certain things, but P&B's multi-club system is what makes it the best forum around.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The notion that there are "no go" areas on P&B for other clubs fans is a complete nonsense to be honest. If people want to stick to their own fans only they will mostly have their own fans message boards to post on if they want. I almost never visit another club's own discussion sites. On the other hand if it's on here and I feel like reading it or commenting on it then I will. It's a multi club forum. People that don't like that are free to not let the door hit them on the arse on their way out to their own place. If Falkirk fans want to be precious about their own place they can do it in "One F" or whatever it's called.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The whole point of P&B is that it's a multi club forum. I've said in the past that my biggest bug bear about P&B compared to the past is that we now even have club specific threads. Back in the day, it used to be any talking point was fair game for a thread to be started and if it was popular, it'd stay relevant whereas if it weren't, it'd just sink like a stone. The individual club threads are a good wee base, but too restrictive IMO.

I must admit, I do visit one club forums quite regularly - much prefer that to the likes of FB etc - to get a true impression of what fans think on certain things, but P&B's multi-club system is what makes it the best forum around.

Indeed. I thought Ayr were bad for it. Falkirk seem to be worse. Not using the match thread to post your views on a match and getting pissy when the opposition tries to have a discussion with you. Strange creatures. 

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed. I thought Ayr were bad for it. Falkirk seem to be worse. Not using the match thread to post your views on a match and getting pissy when the opposition tries to have a discussion with you. Strange creatures. 

Why do you care?

They've become even more bizarre than they were.

I actually think there's a good few decent Falkirk fans who contribute plenty.  The most vocal ones since Saturday though have been behaving like cretins.

There's been a little crowd wanking of course, but it goes further.  The nonsense moaning about people straying into their thread is just laughably defensive and immature. 

For absolute humiliation, however, it's blasted out of the water by the claim that we can't say we nearly added a second goal, because the first was an own goal.  Somehow, it seems they don't count.

Seriously, total wallopers some of them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They've become even more bizarre than they were.

I actually think there's a good few decent Falkirk fans who contribute plenty.  The most vocal ones since Saturday though have been behaving like cretins.

There's been a little crowd wanking of course, but it goes further.  The nonsense moaning about people straying into their thread is just laughably defensive and immature. 

For absolute humiliation, however, it's blasted out of the water by the claim that we can't claim we nearly added a second goal, because the first was an own goal.  Somehow, it seems they don't count.

Seriously, total wallopers some of them.

Indeed. 

"A good few decent Falkirk fans" is a stretch mind you. @Bairnardoand @Rugster are the best of the bunch. The rest appear very strange. It's probably not helped when one of them makes a bizarre claim and the rest pile in with the wee greenies. It just strengthens their delusions. 

14 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

... This is actually a really intriguing insight into the mind of the Tories in the borders

That's much better now ... both "Tories" and "border(ers)" in the same post ... you're really starting to get the hang of this!  6/10. 👍

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

That's much better now ... both "Tories" and "border(ers)" in the same post ... you're really starting to get the hang of this!  6/10. 👍

Takes it in the right spirit. Maybe they're not so dreary...

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Call people boring. Can't think of anything original so go with the boring "Tories" patter. 

They're some breed. 

Ah.