Doonhamers vs. Bairns

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thought queen's might have gone back to experience after the oor Willie debacle. 

Some of the dinosaurs mentioned gave me the fear. I like the appointment the BoD made tbh. Something fresh. He has a couple of years to get something together so here's hoping it works out for him. 

Quite surprised to see Michael Ruth has barely been getting any game time under either Gibson or Bartley. He wasn't great but did manage to score 4 goals in 10 starts despite being part of the worst Falkirk side ever last season. 

Would keep the team as similar as possible to the last time we played at Palmerston, but Rowe in for Yeats with Henderson moving in to midfield and McKay to CH. Then bring on Kucheriavyi, Lawal, Oliver, Allan etc if required.

I think this will be tough. Mentally we need to get ourselves up again after Monday. Hope McGlynn freshens things up a wee bit to utilise the strong squad 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thought queen's might have gone back to experience after the oor Willie debacle. 

As 19QOS19 says, the list of credible experienced candidates outwith the usual merry-go-round is pretty limited.  We wouldn't really want to pay compo to get a manager from another club and the other, more fancied out of work candidates would either be too expensive or unwilling to drop to League 1. Bartley is something a bit fresh, has more coaching experience than WG imo, and seems to have brought a bit more professionalism to training at least. Ok, on field progress may not be what we hoped for but most Queens fans realise it'll be next season when we can properly judge him when he's shifted some dead wood and got more of his own squad in. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Quite surprised to see Michael Ruth has barely been getting any game time under either Gibson or Bartley. He wasn't great but did manage to score 4 goals in 10 starts despite being part of the worst Falkirk side ever last season. 

Absolutely rank. For a boy his size he doesn't put himself about nearly enough when given the chance. Given what I've heard MB has said to him on occasion I'm pretty confident he'll be gone in the summer thankfully. A stint in League 2 would do him good. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Absolutely rank. For a boy his size he doesn't put himself about nearly enough when given the chance. Given what I've heard MB has said to him on occasion I'm pretty confident he'll be gone in the summer thankfully. A stint in League 2 would do him good. 

What’s been said?

Just watched the highlights of our last game at Palmerston as couldn’t really remember it. Burrell looked ridiculous that day, quite amazing he hasn’t had a look in this year. If Queens are going to be open again tomorrow I’d release the Burrell. 

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just watched the highlights of our last game at Palmerston as couldn’t really remember it. Burrell looked ridiculous that day, quite amazing he hasn’t had a look in this year. If Queens are going to be open again tomorrow I’d release the Burrell. 

We're not as open as he's trying to compact us a wee bit more. The trouble is the same individual mistakes are being made. As I say, if you swing crosses in you'll score as that's where we're losing goals the now; players unable to mark. 

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

... As I say, if you swing crosses in you'll score as that's where we're losing goals the now; players unable to mark. 

Ssssh ... don't tell 'em Pike!

Dont Tell Him Pike Dads Army GIF - Dont Tell Him Pike Dads Army Captain Mainwaring GIFs

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd imagine this will be a very comfortable afternoon for Falkirk.

We're not a!ways terrible so you never know, but a win by 2 or 3 for the visitors feels likely .

I know what we can be like when we are expected to motor to a win. Hope we are over that now but....

Yeah, I am also firmly in the “this will be tough” category.You just had to watch Liverpool demolish Man U 7-0 for a record breaking outrageously brilliant result where everyone connected to Liverpool were all floating along on cloud 9. They then go to relegation threatened Bournemouth and get beat.

Our cloud 9 was Monday’s result against Ayr. Getting everyone’s feet firmly on the ground so that QotS is not our Bournemouth is absolutely crucial.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, I am also firmly in the “this will be tough” category.You just had to watch Liverpool demolish Man U 7-0 for a record breaking outrageously brilliant result where everyone connected to Liverpool were all floating along on cloud 9. They then go to relegation threatened Bournemouth and get beat.

Our cloud 9 was Monday’s result against Ayr. Getting everyone’s feet firmly on the ground so that QotS is not our Bournemouth is absolutely crucial.

Believe me ... we might be near the south coast of our country, but there the comparison ends ... we sure ain't Bournemouth ...

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Believe me ... we might be near the south coast of our country, but there the comparison ends ... we sure ain't Bournemouth ...

Agreed, but we ain’t Liverpool either.  The psychological parallels are valid though.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Agreed, but we ain’t Liverpool either.  The psychological parallels are valid though.

Hmmm. Aye OK, get your point. Mind you, Bournemouth managed to stop Mo Salah, Darwin Nunez et al from scoring ... whereas Kelty Hearts have pumped our galactico defence 3 times already. You really shouldn't be concerned about a trip to Palmerston.

But yes, let's revisit this at 5 pm tomorrow.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some of the dinosaurs mentioned gave me the fear. I like the appointment the BoD made tbh. Something fresh. He has a couple of years to get something together so here's hoping it works out for him. 

He needs to tone down his public slaughtering of the team. By all means do that behind closed doors but for me it is just for show the sort of stuff he is coming out with in his post match interviews.