Doonhamers vs. Bairns

League Match 29

Palmerston Park, Dumfries 

7th vs 2nd

Only 7 games of this turgid season to go after this one....

14 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

League Match 29

Palmerston Park, Dumfries 

7th vs 2nd

Only 7 games of this turgid season to go after this one....

Good post but lacking essential details, on what date and time is this contest taking place? 

13 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Heading to this, my parents have q caravan at Southerness, so we making a weekend of it, what best pub to go to ? 

Depends what you're after. If you want ones with a bit of character/"old man's pub" you won't go short. There are 3 close to the ground at Market Square. And plenty of them in the town centre. We have our soulless Weatherspoons in the town centre as well of course. The Imperial is up the street too which is a decent sports bar I'd say and has a shitload of TVs to show whichever game is on at the time. Very reasonably priced as well. 

Cavens on Buccleuch St has a lot of real ales, if that's your thing and offer probably the best pub grub in the town. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Why are people leaving big spaces under their posts, wearing my finger out scrolling down. 

Anyway, plenty of pubs for all tastes as 19QOS19 says, there's also a bar under the Main Stand at Palmerston. 

43 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Why are people leaving big spaces under their posts, wearing my finger out scrolling down. 

Anyway, plenty of pubs for all tastes as 19QOS19 says, there's also a bar under the Main Stand at Palmerston. 

I like what you did there ... 👍

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Depends what you're after. If you want ones with a bit of character/"old man's pub" you won't go short. There are 3 close to the ground at Market Square. And plenty of them in the town centre. We have our soulless Weatherspoons in the town centre as well of course. The Imperial is up the street too which is a decent sports bar I'd say and has a shitload of TVs to show whichever game is on at the time. Very reasonably priced as well. 

Cavens on Buccleuch St has a lot of real ales, if that's your thing and offer probably the best pub grub in the town. 

Thanks ill give the weatherspoons a miss, I can get bores shitless with the caravan park entertainment lol used to be a nice wee Italian, little Italy, but going by Google its burned down 

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Thanks ill give the weatherspoons a miss, I can get bores shitless with the caravan park entertainment lol used to be a nice wee Italian, little Italy, but going by Google its burned down.

Aye. Accidentally on purpose apparently... 

The best Italian in the town is Brunos. But you'll be lucky to get in. I'd phone asap and chance your arm for a reservation. Failing that Pizzeria il Fiume is nice down the Sands and La Dolce Vita up the town is supposed to be really nice as well. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Was interested to hear Sandra say a couple of times in her post match Clyde interviews that we "perform better against the better teams'! 1-3, 1-3, 2-5 in the games against Falkirk so far this season tells a more realistic story. Maybe by 'better teams' she means 'Edinburgh'?

Edited by Biblemaster

52 minutes ago, Biblemaster said:

Was interested to hear Sandra say a couple of times in her post match Clyde interviews that we "perform better against the better teams'! 1-3, 1-3, 2-5 in the games against Falkirk so far this season tells a more realistic story. Maybe by 'better teams' she means 'Edinburgh'?

Aye @Monkey Tennisbrought it up on our thread. Even including the EFC results it's not remotely close to being a factual statement. 

Just watched the Bairns deservedly punt Ayr oot the cup tonight ... so now they'll be full of confidence when they come up against our "magnificent mob" at the weekend ... oh dear ...

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Just watched the Bairns deservedly punt Ayr oot the cup tonight ... so now they'll be full of confidence when they come up against our "magnificent mob" at the weekend ... oh dear ...

Their fans will probably outnumber ours on Saturday!

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Can't say I'm bothered at this point tbh. We aren't getting to the playoffs so the reality is I want Falkirk to go up with Dunfermline. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't say I'm bothered at this point tbh. We aren't getting to the playoffs so the reality is I want Falkirk to go up with Dunfermline. 

Agreed, that would be best for us next season.