Sons vs Bviorn arseol

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We won’t be for long.

We can forget any chance of winning the league. I probably wouldn’t bother coming up for next week, if plane tickets were refundable.

It's a funny old game 

As a fat tory record goalscorer used to say

Edited by Binos

The club only have themselves to blame. After stringing together a couple of right good performances and results we then have a two week lay off whilst all the other teams continued to play. All momentum killed stone dead. 

Would that have made a difference today? Who knows, by all accounts Albion Rovers were every bit as good as we were bad, but our players not kicking a ball for a fortnight certainly wont have helped matters. The decision to continue the partnership with that daft Rangers B and the decision to continue with a groundsman who clearly isn’t skilled enough to maintain a pitch deserves huge criticism. 

We are now down to the bare bones squad wise and I can guarantee you that will not improve the more our players have to play on that disgrace of a pitch.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The club only have themselves to blame. After stringing together a couple of right good performances and results we then have a two week lay off whilst all the other teams continued to play. All momentum killed stone dead. 

Would that have made a difference today? Who knows, by all accounts Albion Rovers were every bit as good as we were bad, but our players not kicking a ball for a fortnight certainly wont have helped matters. The decision to continue the partnership with that daft Rangers B and the decision to continue with a groundsman who clearly isn’t skilled enough to maintain a pitch deserves huge criticism. 

We are now down to the bare bones squad wise and I can guarantee you that will not improve the more our players have to play on that disgrace of a pitch.

Albion rovers are a good side as they proved against us a couple of weeks ago and Charlie Reilly is one of best players in our league.

Also, they would have been happy as pigs in Sh*t on that pitch.

3 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Albion rovers are a good side as they proved against us a couple of weeks ago and Charlie Reilly is one of best players in our league.

I’m taking absolutely nothing away from Rovers here, I’m well aware they are a good side but I still think our board deserve a huge amount of criticism for the situation with our pitch and the fact we are going weeks without playing a game during the business end of the season. 

Albion Rovers were very good in the first half. Good enough that they didnt need to do anything but keep it quiet in the 2nd. The first goal was a nice touch from Bevan to take it away from the defender. The ball through to him was lovely and it was a good finish past a helpless Brett Long. His 2nd was also really nice. A great first touch, turned and ran at the defence before getting a good shot away. Rovers' 3rd and 4th were very nice finishes, but the goal scorers were under absolutely no pressure when shooting., Albion Rovers did to us what we've been struggling to do to opponents. They won the midfield. They were pressuring us and either winning the ball or forcing mistakes. When they had the ball there was always an option either out wide or through the middle. We struggled to match their workrate and we couldn't cope with their movement. Brett Long made a couple of very good saves to keep the score at 4.

2nd half? Their time wasting antics were frustrating because we were there for an absolute doing and the visitors could have gone for more. We were never getting back into that game and we could have easily shipped another couple had the visitors been in the mood. Thankfully they weren't and 5-1 doesnt flatter Albion Rovers in any way. We were absolutely garbage.

Need to pick ourselves up from this. Next week is absolutely massive. Failure to win at least 1 of the 2 games against Stirling will probably be enough to end our title challenge. We can't afford to drop behind them. We've also got a tricky visit to Annan after 2 far from straight forward home games against Forfar and Stenny.

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

The San Siro is the best it’s been years FYI

27 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

After every 1 of the 4 first half goals, Carswell was giving the defence absolute pelters.

Bit rich, considering all 4 came right down the middle of our defence, where he was (supposed to be) playing.

Regardless of what happens this season it’s time for Carsy to move on with our thanks for his service.

30 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

After every 1 of the 4 first half goals, Carswell was giving the defence absolute pelters.

Bit rich, considering all 4 came right down the middle of our defence, where he was (supposed to be) playing.

Joe Bevan had Wylde on toast for 2 of them, and Gray took a booking for another time it happened. Wylde should never have had the armband. I said in pre-season, he's got the heart of a mouse. All 4 Rovers goals I saw were excellent goals, but all could have been arguably prevented by a team who actually turned up, paid attention and did their jobs at the most fundamental level. Today was more than just poor form or an off day for the champions elect, it was it was an absolute, abject failure on every level.

Whilst there was an element of payback about Rovers winning today based on the three previous matches, I have to say that their first-half display was easily the best I've seen from an opposition team this season.

Sons fans can talk about the pitch and missing players but the bald facts are that Rovers were faster, stronger, better organised across the team and impressively clinical - and that was without the lad Malcolm.  Joe Bevan had Marcus Rashford vibes and in Charlie Reilly they have a talent which won't stay long in Coatbridge.  If it had been six at half-time no-one could have complained.

Dumbarton on the other hand went into serious Mr Hyde mode for the second time this season, and it was a sobering watch.  And I'm afraid it can't simply be put down as a bad day at the office.  

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sons fans can talk about the pitch and missing players but the bald facts are that Rovers were faster, stronger, better organised across the team and impressively clinical - and that was without the lad Malcolm.  Joe Bevan had Marcus Rashford vibes and in Charlie Reilly they have a talent which won't stay long in Coatbridge.  If it had been six at half-time no-one could have complained.

Dumbarton on the other hand went into serious Mr Hyde mode for the second time this season, and it was a sobering watch.  And I'm afraid it can't simply be put down as a bad day at the office.  

I see a lot of talk on the Facebook page (yeah, I know) about the pitch, but the thing for me is - Rovers were able to play on it very, very well.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 hours ago, headthebaw said:

That's bollocks! We made the most of that today, just like we try to do at Cliftonhill, but Rovers are far better on astroturf and have been under the last few managers; Brogan and his lower tier juniors aside.

That did the heart good today. Nobody will ever predict the Rovers, that's for sure. Great stuff, and 5-1 didn't flatter us. Now watch us lose to Stranraer on Tuesday and get fucked by Bonnyrigg next Saturday - it's the rovers way!

Oh and I feel conflicted over the Sons.  I do like to see them doing well, but I also like getting bevvied with their supporters, so um yeah, come on Stirling, I suppose

29 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

That's bollocks! We made the most of that today, just like we try to do at Cliftonhill, but Rovers are far better on astroturf and have been under the last few managers; Brogan and his lower tier juniors aside.

That did the heart good today. Nobody will ever predict the Rovers, that's for sure. Great stuff, and 5-1 didn't flatter us. Now watch us lose to Stranraer on Tuesday and get fucked by Bonnyrigg next Saturday - it's the rovers way!

Oh and I feel conflicted over the Sons.  I do like to see them doing well, but I also like getting bevvied with their supporters, so um yeah, come on Stirling, I suppose

Pitch wasn't a factor. Rovers were fantastic, and Sons were shite. Not that our poorness today should detract from how good Rovers were. Credit where it's due.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Pitch wasn't a factor. Rovers were fantastic, and Sons were shite. Not that our poorness today should detract from how good Rovers were. Credit where it's due.

That being said, I, respectfully and sincerely, hope we're not sharing a league next season.