Sons vs Bviorn arseol

Awful Dyslexia or ripping off Fawlty Towers  i'll continue to follow microdave's request of silly misspelling.

Rovers fans take no offence BTW ...you're my 2nd fav club and Cliftonhill one of my fav grounds.Really want you to stay up by hook or by crook.

Anyway , any chance of this going ahead?I'd call a pitch inspection now or move the game to the Bahamas.

Edited by lorenzo71

Groundsman Jim Paton will be working on the Dumbarton Football Stadium pitch today, and with the weather forecast looking reasonably promising, there is hope that the game will take place tomorrow.

Not 100% sure about this at all. The forecast is for very little let up in rain from now until Saturday night. 

If it does go ahead, Wallace, Wilson and Gemmel will be missing. 

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/dumbarton-looking-to-return-to-action/

29 minutes ago, microdave said:

Groundsman Jim Paton will be working on the Dumbarton Football Stadium pitch today, and with the weather forecast looking reasonably promising, there is hope that the game will take place tomorrow.

Not 100% sure about this at all. The forecast is for very little let up in rain from now until Saturday night. 

If it does go ahead, Wallace, Wilson and Gemmel will be missing. 

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/dumbarton-looking-to-return-to-action/

Div being out is a blow .He brings another dimension to our play in some games and Wallace is also effective on his day.The only silver lining to these PP fixtures is it gives the 2 of them time to recover.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Nae idea what forecast they have checked tbh.

The met office forecast has only two periods of a couple of hours where rain is likely before kick off. And one of them is only 50%. So I'd say its fair to say that the forecast is reasonably promising

40 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

The met office forecast has only two periods of a couple of hours where rain is likely before kick off. And one of them is only 50%. So I'd say its fair to say that the forecast is reasonably promising

Time to sound the @Dumbarton Rock horn for his expert opinion.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

The BBC forecast has it chucking it down from midnight until 7pm tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The BBC forecast has it chucking it down from midnight until 7pm tomorrow. 

The BBC site is rubbish. If you look at the picture forecast there isn't much likelihood of rain although their hour by hour bit on the same page says there is. Telly forecast says there shouldn't be much, just the odd shower

You'd be hopeful of the game going ahead. Weather hasn't been particularly bad yesterday or today. The B game being postponed also gives it an extra day without a game on it, but if the tractor has cut the park up badly when they were vertidraining then it may be better if the game doesnt happen. Although I'm not sure what we could actually do in terms of repairing the pork over the next week or two?

A title chasing team deserves better than this shambles.

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

What do we reckon then - game on today?

There was a fair whack of heavy rain during the night last night where I work and there was a lot of big puddles on the roads and in the fields driving home this morning. I reckon we’ll need it to stay dry between now and kick off to have a chance.