CLYDEBANK 2022/2023

2022-23-Squad-Pic-scaled.jpgFollowing the conclusion of the 2022/23 season, we are now able to issue supporters with an initial squad update. 

Players under contract for season 2023/24:

Jamie Donnelly
Adam Hodge
Calum McEwan
Danny MacKenzie
Creag Little
Jamie Darroch
Oisin McHugh
Matt Niven
Larry McMahon
Frazer Johnstone
Joe Slattery
Alan Kelly
Liam McGonigle
Lee Gallacher
Connor Higgins
Ben McLernan
Nicky Little
Ciaran Mulcahy
Thomas Collins
Callum Graham

Martin Smith suffered a long term knee injury while out on loan last season, the club has signed Martin on an extended contract to assist him with his recovery and rehabilitation programme.

Players offered contract terms or still in discussions:
Nicky Low
Adam Smith
Connor Hamilton

Players that will depart at the end of their contracts:
Kyle King
Kevin Green
Josh Weir
Hamish McKinlay
Coby O’Brien
Tiger Lawson

Clydebank boss Gordon Moffat commented: “It’s always difficult when you lose guys from the club. You build relationships with these guys and it is sad to see some move on, but they’ve all been fantastic players for me and the club.”

All at the Bankies would like to put on record our thanks to those departing for all their efforts while with us and wish them and their families all the very best for the future

29 minutes ago, judge macbrayne said:

2022-23-Squad-Pic-scaled.jpgFollowing the conclusion of the 2022/23 season, we are now able to issue supporters with an initial squad update. 

Players under contract for season 2023/24:

Jamie Donnelly
Adam Hodge
Calum McEwan
Danny MacKenzie
Creag Little
Jamie Darroch
Oisin McHugh
Matt Niven
Larry McMahon
Frazer Johnstone
Joe Slattery
Alan Kelly
Liam McGonigle
Lee Gallacher
Connor Higgins
Ben McLernan
Nicky Little
Ciaran Mulcahy
Thomas Collins
Callum Graham

Martin Smith suffered a long term knee injury while out on loan last season, the club has signed Martin on an extended contract to assist him with his recovery and rehabilitation programme.

Players offered contract terms or still in discussions:
Nicky Low
Adam Smith
Connor Hamilton

Players that will depart at the end of their contracts:
Kyle King
Kevin Green
Josh Weir
Hamish McKinlay
Coby O’Brien
Tiger Lawson

Clydebank boss Gordon Moffat commented: “It’s always difficult when you lose guys from the club. You build relationships with these guys and it is sad to see some move on, but they’ve all been fantastic players for me and the club.”

All at the Bankies would like to put on record our thanks to those departing for all their efforts while with us and wish them and their families all the very best for the future

Did Matthew McLean leave during the season

Ye from what I seen he had loads to offer, unbelievable turn of pace and lots of power, didn't realise he was injured , that explains it . But ye Bankies going for it in striker department, might be hard keeping them all happy as all will expect to be first choice, deservedly so with the calibre of all 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

2 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Ye from what I seen he had loads to offer, unbelievable turn of pace and lots of power, didn't realise he was injured , that explains it . But ye Bankies going for it in striker department, might be hard keeping them all happy as all will expect to be first choice, deservedly so with the calibre of all 

Weir was poor and his departure is no great surprise tbh. Expected more from him but didn’t work out

Hopefully not jumping the gun but do feel Calum Graham and Thomas Collins are a definite upgrade on Weir and McKinlay 

18 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Being a meadow man I hope Cal totally flops! 😂😂 

All seriousness though, two quality signings by you , it will be interesting so see how Moff fits both in as I know you go one up quite a lot 

I agree - It may be the case that Moffat and the management team are looking to change formation this year and perhaps go with two up front 

I've always argued that despite his fantastic scoring record Nicky Little is not a striker but a 10 - maybe we will see him playing in midfield more often next season?

20 minutes ago, Kilbowies Finest said:

I agree - It may be the case that Moffat and the management team are looking to change formation this year and perhaps go with two up front 

I've always argued that despite his fantastic scoring record Nicky Little is not a striker but a 10 - maybe we will see him playing in midfield more often next season?

Or play collins on the left with ginger messi on right and nicky playing beind callum. 

Mon the papers

On 20/05/2023 at 17:20, Plantar fasciitis said:

What's the opinion on Josh Weir, thought he'd do well at Bankies after leaving Pollok and I am surprised to see him leaving 

Decent player, lots of pace. Lacks a final product at times but as has been said, missed a big chunk of the season and found it hard to get back in. Will do well elsewhere in my wee opinion.

On 20/05/2023 at 20:44, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Weir was poor and his departure is no great surprise tbh. Expected more from him but didn’t work out

Hopefully not jumping the gun but do feel Calum Graham and Thomas Collins are a definite upgrade on Weir and McKinlay 

Weir was always a better faster more direct forward for us than Calum but I think the big man has improved with Irvine and has an eye for goal so will be interesting to see.

12 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Weir was always a better faster more direct forward for us than Calum but I think the big man has improved with Irvine and has an eye for goal so will be interesting to see.

Interesting synopsis, but as you say Cal has an eye for goal and goes into the new season brimming with confidence so should do very well. What I would say is Cal is much faster than people think when he opens up those big legs, but Weir does have an unbelievable turn of pace . 

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Interesting synopsis, but as you say Cal has an eye for goal and goes into the new season brimming with confidence so should do very well. What I would say is Cal is much faster than people think when he opens up those big legs, but Weir does have an unbelievable turn of pace . 

All Weir has is pace!

He’s not a natutal goal scorer and if he’s up against someone quick he’s useless.