CLYDEBANK 2022/2023

Let's be clear. Regardless of what some have posted here there was no sectarian/Billy boys sung last night. I'm from NI and have attended alot of Talbot games and I have never heard any of that sung. I'm terms of fans it might have been a close call in terms of numbers but IMO Talbot had the bigger support. 

With Nairn County (Highland League) and Musselburgh (East of Scotland League) coming into the open and explaining why they are dead against the proposal for a Conference League between the SPFL2 and the Lowland League are the Bankies prepared to make it clear how they view this matter?

The proposal means that there is even more delay to progress up the pyramid for clubs from the West of Scotland League and other leagues like it.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Serious question for Bankie fans would you rather play cup finals against Talbot, and in a good league with teams like Pollok, Beith, Cumnock etc or play against the Colts teams?

Wanna play at highest level our budget takes us 2. Me personally I don't wanna play colt teams at any level 

Mon the papers

9 hours ago, southerner said:

Serious question for Bankie fans would you rather play cup finals against Talbot, and in a good league with teams like Pollok, Beith, Cumnock etc or play against the Colts teams?

I want to be playing as high up the leagues as we can. I dont think Colt teams should be in the leagues, but if they are then if we have to be playing them to progress then so be it. It obviously goes eithout saying that we have to be in a position to win things first. Penalty scored and a red card to Talbot - I'm told the lino advised the ref to send him off and it was right in front of him - change the game. There wasn't a huge amount between the teams on the night. We need to be more consistent and 4th place then 4th or 5th place finishes suggests we're not all that far away. 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I want to be playing as high up the leagues as we can. I dont think Colt teams should be in the leagues, but if they are then if we have to be playing them to progress then so be it. It obviously goes eithout saying that we have to be in a position to win things first. Penalty scored and a red card to Talbot - I'm told the lino advised the ref to send him off and it was right in front of him - change the game. There wasn't a huge amount between the teams on the night. We need to be more consistent and 4th place then 4th or 5th place finishes suggests we're not all that far away. 

Are you still saying a red after seeing the replay???

The fairest way forward for this for the EOSL, WOSL, SOSL, HL and LL along with the Conference should all  be tier 5 with a 6 team play off at the end of the season to see who is promoted to SPFL, nobody should be relegated a tier for parachuting a new league into a pyramid system, as clubs invest and attract commitment from sponsors based on plans to progress.

On 29/04/2023 at 13:29, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right, i get the point you are making, but for me, singing the billy boys or talbot boys whatever people claim they sang, theres only one song people hear there. I feel incredibly strongly about racist/sectarian behaviour as I feel football, especially at our level should be accessible for all.
So if im sitting at a football match with Catholic family members I dont think its unreasonable to be upset hearing a song that is used to glorify violence ‘up to our knees’ against a massive section of the Scottish population. Whether as people claim they sung Talbot or Billy boys, that song, stirs up a lot of anxiety and distress in right thinking members of the public. 
Ive defended football at our level as being an escape from that bile, theres only been a few places ive heard anything remotely sectarian. Id quite openly say that I didnt have that opinion of Talbot, as much as I dont like the club/fans for other reasons. Your support was incredibly vocal last night and went from 0-90minutes in full song, even when the game went against you for the first wee bit. I think its entirely reasonable to question/challenge singing that particular song, its an education thing and if we dont challenge things then nothing gets better. You had so many better songs than singing that nonsense. 

My eyes are bleeding with this total shite. 

21 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This is not meant to be as trite as it sounds but until Clydebank can win competitions at their current level, they're really not needing to be thinking about climbing leagues.

Happy to admit I was overconfident going into the final, kudos to Talbot for doing the business. Not a penalty or a red card for me (with the benefit of replays) and we didn’t deserve anything. Still a good night though.

I think it’s pretty clear we are currently one of the top 5 or 6 squads in a competitive league but are a few players off a genuine title challenge. Ironically I think it was @BANKIEBILLthat posted mid season we were still looking to get points in the bag to guarantee premier league survival and was criticised for lack of ambition. We (the top teams) should be getting the opportunity to compete for automatic promotion places and playoffs of course, really good teams are going to miss out on promotions and then risk going backwards and opportunities disappearing. Very frustrating & f**k playing in this ‘conference’ pish. Imagine getting stuck in it for multiple seasons? 

7 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Happy to admit I was overconfident going into the final, kudos to Talbot for doing the business. Not a penalty or a red card for me (with the benefit of replays) and we didn’t deserve anything. Still a good night though.

I think it’s pretty clear we are currently one of the top 5 or 6 squads in a competitive league but are a few players off a genuine title challenge. Ironically I think it was @BANKIEBILLthat posted mid season we were still looking to get points in the bag to guarantee premier league survival and was criticised for lack of ambition. We (the top teams) should be getting the opportunity to compete for automatic promotion places and playoffs of course, really good teams are going to miss out on promotions and then risk going backwards and opportunities disappearing. Very frustrating & f**k playing in this ‘conference’ pish. Imagine getting stuck in it for multiple seasons? 

You forgot to add a wee side issue with this "Conference" starting next summer.

The entire Wosfl (all 5 divisions) will be relegated next summer.