Edinburgh City Vs. Alloa athletic

That was about as comfortable as I've seen us all season. I think that Hogarth had one save to make all game.

I'm assuming that both Church and Strachan were injured, as we played with Taggart at left back in what was pretty much a  442, albeit there was a fair amount of rotation and Luke Donnelly dropped deep throughout.

A good finish from LD for the first after we won the ball back in midfield, and a thoroughly enjoyable f**k up from Mutch to let Coulson score the second. Coulson also had a couple of other good chances and LD had one which he hit wide when off balance.

It was also good to see Kev Cawley get some game time in midfield, even if he looked a little rusty at points.

That's us up on the same points at Edinburgh, and it was satisfying to get both a good result and decent performance.

Bar a 15 minute spell where we lost the midfield a little, that was a pretty comfortable stroll today. 

Miller and Robbo controlled the game for most of it. Robbo seemed to be everywhere winning the ball back and Miller played with a swagger we’ve not seen for a while on the ball. 

The way Cawley and Donnelly played in the first half especially was great, alternating dropping deep versus making the run in behind. Felt Edinburgh struggled with who to pick up. 

Never like seeing Taggs on the left but did feel like it was needs must today with no Church or Strachan. 

LD’s finish was great, but felt that goal was all about the work Stanger did pressing high and winning the ball back. 

Delighted to see Coulson getting on the scoresheet. Felt he struggled a little out wide early on but he really grew in to the game today. 

After the big Sammon debate during the week I thought he looked hungry when he came on and did well. 

Couldn't make the game today, so thanks for the reports. Pleasing to hear we dominated the game and several players had good games - in particular that Robbo and Miller dominated midfield.

Also good that Kev and LD got so many minutes; hopefully the latter is OK. They are vital to the team's creativity.

1 minute ago, printer said:

Also good that Kev and LD got so many minutes; hopefully the latter is OK.

Was surprised with how long LD in particular played. 

You could see he was blowing out his backside for a good 10 minutes before he was replaced and I thought Sammon would have came on for him as opposed to MacIver. 

He made a real difference being back in the side today. 

2 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Was surprised with how long LD in particular played. 

You could see he was blowing out his backside for a good 10 minutes before he was replaced and I thought Sammon would have came on for him as opposed to MacIver. 

He made a real difference being back in the side today. 

How did MacIver play today?

7 minutes ago, printer said:

How did MacIver play today?

Led the line well and won more in the air than I was expecting today. No real goal threat though, but some nice link up with Coulson and LD. 

Looked like he had Donnelly up with him at times, although at others we looked like a 4231 with Ross on his own - was never really too isolated though. 

As one sided a 2-0 as you will see.

The sports centre was hilarious today - there were more people there for gymnastics and the local South-east Asian football teams playing on the other pitch than there was to see our League 1 game. The access to the other football pitch was through the stadium (wtf?) so people would randomly wander into the Alloa crowd all game trying to see their friends on the other pitch.

To make matters more farcical the tannoy was blasting out pure white noise from about midway through half-time to the 50 minute mark as if your viewing experience wasn't torture already. Parking at Meadowbank is also well thought out - last time it wasn't so bad but this time - there was a whole level of ridiculousness. If you were lucky enough to get into the car park - you couldn't get out as people weren't validating their parking tickets and the gate wouldn't open to let them out. All I can say is one of us better get promoted because it's a miserable place.