Gary Lineker

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The wallet inspector must make a killing round your neck of the woods.

"Hold on while we pay our flat tax to a single broadcaster every year just because they existed in the 1920s'. 

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

The BBC is extremely good value, given what it offers.

I'm very happy to pay for it.  I've paid a lot more for wildly inferior TV offerings.

Good on Wright, Shearer, Scott and Richards for their solidarity with Lineker.

The BBC has allowed the likes of Andrew Neil, Lord fkn Sugar and that posh tosspot from Top Gear to say what they want, where they want for years not to mention employing a Britain First supporter to choose the audiences on Question Time. The BBC is just so British. Not a compliment either.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The BBC is extremely good value, given what it offers.

I'm very happy to pay for it.  I've paid a lot more for wildly inferior TV offerings.

Then pay for it by choice. The current funding model is a wildly regressive tax that is imposed by trying to threaten the public and fining enormous amounts of money for non-compliance. They can get that to f**k. 

The liberal tears and snotters that a state establishment broadcaster turned out to be just that are fucking hilarious incidentally. Apparently batting for the Union in 2014 was okay, but now it's English liberals' turn to be on the receiving end and we should all take to the barricades. Disband the whole rotten institution.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Then pay for it by choice. The current funding model is a wildly regressive tax that is imposed by trying to threaten the public and fining enormous amounts of money for non-compliance. They can get that to f**k. 

The liberal tears and snotters that a state establishment broadcaster turned out to be just that are fucking hilarious incidentally. Apparently batting for the Union in 2014 was okay, but now it's English liberals' turn to be on the receiving end and we should all take to the barricades. Disband the whole rotten institution.

Yes, let's have only commercial alternatives.

Ask yourself why Tories despise the BBC so much that they wish to neuter and attack it in this way?

I've always thought the punditry on MOTD was added on drivel. So the idea for tomorrow would usually sound perfect. However, the BBC need to understand how big an arse they've made of this

8 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I've always thought the punditry on MOTD was added on drivel. So the idea for tomorrow would usually sound perfect. However, the BBC need to understand how big an arse they've made of this

Absolutely.

I see that production staff and also the commentators are considering their next steps.