Gary Lineker

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, let's have only commercial alternatives.

Better commercial organisations than the flat tax based on coercion that you praise as a funding model, every day of the week. 

On what grounds is that even remotely justifiable? 

Ask yourself why Tories despise the BBC so much that they wish to neuter and attack it in this way?

Couldn't give a f**k about this irrelevant argument. There are plenty of free societies in the world that do not have an equivalent of the BBC and its utterly ridiculous tax or prosecution funding model.

Genuine 😂 at the BBC for setting fire to their flagship sports programme to appease fragile fucking Tories who will continue hating them anyway. This is going to end hilariously badly for them. I strongly suspect this ends with a fairly humiliating resignation from that fud who loaned the Talking Haystack £800K. 

Edited by Benjamin_Nevis

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Genuine 😂 at the BBC for setting fire to their flagship sports programme to appease fragile fucking Tories who will continue hating them anyway. This is going to end hilariously badly for them. I strongly suspect this ends with a fairly humiliating resignation from that fud who loaned the Talking Haystack £800K. 

I wonder if the co-founder of GB news and former Tory spin doctor will also leave the BBC in the wake of this.

While its good to see more folks becoming aware, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that the BBC is just a Tory establishment play thing. They are definitely getting more brazen about it though.

Pathetic shambles. Whole thing is symbolic of the just how much of a nasty little xenophobic backwater the UK really is.

f**k the Tories

Edited by AuAl

17 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

That’s the BBC commentators boycotting now. You love to see it.

'Football fans who want to watch their teams' can go to the games, too.

I wonder if there's an AI option: 'ChatGPT - present MotD, and Alexa - comment on the highlights in an asinine manner...'

2 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

'Football fans who want to watch their teams' can go to the games, too.

I wonder if there's an AI option: 'ChatGPT - present MotD, and Alexa - comment on the highlights in an asinine manner...'

AI Alan Smith likes this

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A reminder that GB News and BBC are basically the same thing. 

The fact that people don't agree with something, doesn't make it wrong; often quite the opposite.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because you can't counter it.

If you're a moron, sure. 

You were the one who declared how great the BBC's "funding model" was - 'but Toooooorrrrries!' is not valid evidence for that. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The BBC is extremely good value, given what it offers.

I'm very happy to pay for it.  I've paid a lot more for wildly inferior TV offerings.

If Disney has something I want to watch, choosing to pay £9/month is good value.

If Amazon has something I want to watch, choosing to pay £9/month is good value.

When the BBC has nothing I want to watch, but the law says I should pay £13/month regardless, that is not good value.

2 minutes ago, Shipa said:

If Disney has something I want to watch, choosing to pay £9/month is good value.

If Amazon has something I want to watch, choosing to pay £9/month is good value.

When the BBC has nothing I want to watch, but the law says I should pay £13/month regardless, that is not good value.

You can watch both Disney+ and Amazon Prime without paying the licence fee.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

You can watch both Disney+ and Amazon Prime without paying the licence fee.

Not the best examples, admittedly, ITV, C4, C5 would have been better examples, as you don't pay for them, but have to pay the BBC for the right to (legally) watch them.