Gary Lineker

This is fascinating now.

I'm a big fan of the BBC in terms of its remit and its funding model.  I think it does amazing things and is remarkably good value.

In its current guise though, it's hideous.  It used to be that the word craven was only relevant in this context with regard to Newsround.   Nowadays though, it's disgracefully cowardly, with genuinely right wing nasties at the helm.

I don't actually want this nonsense to hasten the end of the institution.  It needs to change though, and nothing shows that better than this hypocritical shit.

Well played to Lineker and those making a stand alongside him.

34 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

How does the rights for MOTD and BBC work? Im surprised they still have it nowadays or do the EPL and the channels who show the games live feel they get some benefit from it being on BBC still.

Only old duffers are waiting on highlights from MotD.

All the highlights go up on Sky Sports YouTube immediately after the games end. 3pm saturday games go up before half five.

I'll pass on Shearer and Wrighty's insightful analysis. in fact the only time I want to see Ian Wright is when he is crying about England getting bounced out a major championship.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is fascinating now.

I'm a big fan of the BBC in terms of its remit and its funding model.  I think it does amazing things and is remarkably good value.

In its current guise though, it's hideous.  It used to be that the word craven was only relevant in this context with regard to Newsround.   Nowadays though, it's disgracefully cowardly, with genuinely right wing nasties at the helm.

I don't actually want this nonsense to hasten the end of the institution.  It needs to change though, and nothing shows that better than this hypocritical shit.

Well played to Lineker and those making a stand alongside him.

Free The Lineker Three