Gary Lineker

Coming under fire quite a bit this week for comparing the Conservatives recent take on immigration policy to Nazi Germany. 

Overall I think he’s a great guy (if a little bit odd) who is trying to speak out about something he feels passionate about but because he has a few quid and is famous people from all sides of the debate use this as a stick to beat him with.

Same goes for Gary Neville who is also a good guy, if a bit odd.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Coming under fire quite a bit this week for comparing the Conservatives recent take on immigration policy to Nazi Germany. 

Overall I think he’s a great guy (if a little bit odd) who is trying to speak out about something he feels passionate about but because he has a few quid and is famous people from all sides of the debate use this as a stick to beat him with.

Same goes for Gary Neville who is also a good guy, if a bit odd.

Neville probably qualified as a good guy until he took the Qatari dosh tbh. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Neville probably qualified as a good guy until he took the Qatari dosh tbh. 

What did neville do that the other pundits didn’t do out in Qatar and why does he get singled out for going out there?

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

comparing the Conservatives recent take on immigration policy to Nazi Germany. 

Except he didn't.  Most of the outrage stems back to people showing a lack of critical reading skills and then spreading Chinese Whispers, furthered by your OP.

Fqre0skX0AEFpUh.thumb.jpg.446b21e471126d4b066a66c293776b47.jpg

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

What did neville do that the other pundits didn’t do out in Qatar and why does he get singled out for going out there?

He made a Sky Series basically talking up how great everything at Qatar was and it was extremely cringy

James O'Brien did a decent piece on Lineker and the furore against him yesterday. Basically Lineker is one of a handful of celebrities probably well off enough and powerful enough not to have to give a shite about attacks from the sewer-dwellers in the mainstream media and vermin like Suella Braverman. 

I'm surprised no one's pulled up Lucy Frazer for her blatantly using her grandparents in the row either. She stated they'd fled Nazi Germany to come to the UK so Lineker's comparison was insulting. A year ago when writing a submission for International Women's Day she'd stated they'd fled Russia. These hopeless fuckers can't even get lies about their own families straight. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He made a Sky Series basically talking up how great everything at Qatar was and it was extremely cringy

And for someone as preachy as Neville is to take that cash is for me the difference between him and the rest. He was torn to shreds on HIGNFY.

Where's the line drawn anyway?  Are all BBC employees/contractors that appear on screen subjected to a 'go home, shut up' policy, whether that be appearing on a prime time show, or a minor scrambling-for-relevance part in some regional show watched by 20 people?

Edited by Hedgecutter

It’s not because of impartiality either it’s all to do with someone influential in the BBC speaking out against the Government which is the total opposite of what the BBC is there for in first place. We’re always talking about the propaganda coming out of Russia as well.

I hope Lineker leaves over this, I don’t think he’s going to back down on his tweets and apologise.

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

And for someone as preachy as Neville is to take that cash is for me the difference between him and the rest. He was torn to shreds on HIGNFY.

I never saw his documentary, I only thought he was getting torn to shreds because he’d spoken out about it and then still went out there anyway to do the punditry. 

A massive own goal for him there if he wants to ever talk about being a Labour supporter. It’s not like he needs the extra cash.

To me this screams a big venn diagram of a party chucking out the bottom of their barrel red meat to energise their base just before an election, and realising a load of their red wall voters are probably football fans and watch Gary Lineker on a weekly basis, and they're trying to run interference because they're (the Tory party) shameless scumbags. 

Edited by Jeff Venom