Clubs that you would gladly see suffer not only an administration, but a financial crisis of such devastating severity that it eternally eliminated the appetite of the local community to ever house a professional football club ever again

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Unironically most english premier league clubs; some kind of hilarious f**k up with  the league negotiating the tv rights and they all just die off would be grand.

Sky drop three zeroes on the contract and no one notices. That would be delicious. You just know they'd rob all the small clubs and lower pyramid teams to keep the lights on though.

Any team that has fans who sing about historical religious issues in a country that the club is not located and take pride in using heinous crimes committed by authority figures as point scoring whataboutery.

For me, OF* aside, I’m no particular order:

Motherwell (first ever game at Pittodrie was supposed to be vs them but it was postponed. Not their fault but f**k them. Stupid coloured strip as well).

Forres Mechanics (brown and yellow strip, stupid club, get to f**k).

Albion Rovers (utterly pointless club, shithole park, stupid name, stupid yellow strip)

Kilmarnock (play at a ground named after the worst sport in the world)

Berwick Rangers (the two times I’ve been to Berwick the whole place seems to have been shut. Stupid strip as well).

On 09/03/2023 at 23:13, Vril said:

airdrie (because I always hated the way they are just a rebranded version of Clydebank FC. 

To be fair Clydebank had form in this too. In the mid-sixties they took over East Stirling and moved them west for a year until a court case proved that the Steedman brothers didn't have the legal right to do it.

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

To be fair Clydebank had form in this too. In the mid-sixties they took over East Stirling and moved them west for a year until a court case proved that the Steedman brothers didn't have the legal right to do it.

Sorry to be pedantic but the club that hijacked The Shire was Clydebank Juniors. The sole purpose was to grab the Shire’s league spot as the Juniors had no pathway to the senior leagues. When it failed, due to The Shire fans going to court as you said, the Steedman’s formed Clydebank FC. 

Personally think Ally McCoist and Robert Duvall should reprise their movie partnership and make a film about the Shire lads. Still in business, Clydebank not.

After the whole super league thing last year I have no time for any of those teams anymore. Delighted when any of them lose. 

But I have developed a particularly strong hatred for Tottenham. I can kind of get clubs like Man Utd and Real Madrid thinking that is where they belong due to continued success over a long period of time. 

Even Johnny come lately like Chelsea and Man City who despite being mediocre for most of their history have had a lot of recent success, so if that is the way it is going, why not throw their hat into the ring. 

But Tottenham? 2 league cups in 30 years, not won the league since before the Beatles released their first single and they think they deserve a place in a super league? I can think of several more worthy teams off the top of my head, several of them in the same league as Tottenham. 

Despite winning F all they often field weakens teams in 3 out of the 4 competition they enter in a given season ( if they are in the Europa league). 

Their new stadium with a cheese room and complaining to the local council that the streets surrounding it are too dirty without offering any cash to assist cleaning it up.  Building a new stadium with hosting NFL games in mind( and I like watching the NFL) 

I think they are the purest manifestation of everything I hate about elite modern football. 

And Harry Kane. 

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

On 11/03/2023 at 19:13, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Personally think Ally McCoist and Robert Duvall should reprise their movie partnership

If one of the lower-league sides makes it to the cup final then this will be the ideal time to re-air A Shot At Glory prior to the big game.

Not a fan of the idea of any club going out of business.  They all mean something to some folk.  Even MK Dons.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some teams brought down a bit though.  I used to edit Football Manager to effectively reduce the Old Firm teams to the level of League One, and boost most of the other mid-sized teams (and the Jags of course).