Missing a court appearance - warrant out.

On 10/03/2023 at 15:38, TxRover said:

Would agree with that, there was no bluster or threats in that email, just a if you want….suspect you’re well down the list of people for them to go nick if they have a spare minute. Hopefully there are a few P&B regulars on or around the force that can distract them.

PC Cabe would have had him trussed up like a turkey and dragged behind his police vehicle to the nearest station already.

On 11/03/2023 at 12:32, tamthebam said:

The women next door accused my of this and said she was going to call the police

When I heard this I nearly shat her pants...

One of my stepdaughters once told me the next door neighbour on our right stole the panties of the daughter (an adult) off the line of our next door neighbours on our left.
I asked was he wanting to practice hang gliding?

What is an Oubliette?

The term oubliette is French in origin and comes from the French verb, oublier, meaning ‘to forget.’ The oubliette was given this name as it was effectively a type of dungeon with zero light entering it, enterable only through a trap door in the roof, and they throw the poor victim in to be forgotten.

Because of the shape of these prisons, they are often also known as bottle dungeons.

People built oubliettes as narrow pits in which the prisoner had little room to do anything but sit there and contemplate the horrendous situation they had found themselves in.

Sometimes lords would starve the victim, or, perhaps if they were unlucky given the circumstances, they would have just enough food and drink thrown down to them to survive dreadfully.

This was doubtlessly worse than a swift end as the victim was kept alive for months or even years in the dark, losing one’s sanity.

Unlike the stereotypical image of a dungeon as being located in the basement of a castle or building, the oubliettes were sometimes built into the walls of the upper floors of such establishments.

This was, so victims were surrounded by the noise and signs of life around them as they slowly expired.

On 13/03/2023 at 19:37, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not sure if true but did hear it from a serving officer. If you hand yourself in on a Friday evening in Fife you get straight back out as they don't keep you in over the weekend.

Because being out in Fife is worse than being in the nick?

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

@Florentine_Pogen, I’m not sure you’re helping the chap. He seems to have been at a low ebb for a wee while. Piss taking is fine, but…

@alta-pete Do you happen to work for the upper echelons of the BBC ?  'Piss-taking' ? Wrong, but you keep clutching those pearls.

I'm sure Hoose is well able to discern between banter and other types of post.

21 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm disappointed that faced with the choices available, Thin Lizzy was not chosen ahead of AC/DC.

The line in the Thin Lizzy song

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in this town"

always annoys me so it wasn't chosen. I mean, where in the town will they have a jailbreak? My guess would be the jail. 

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

@alta-pete Do you happen to work for the upper echelons of the BBC ?  'Piss-taking' ? Wrong, but you keep clutching those pearls.

I'm sure Hoose is well able to discern between banter and other types of post.

Ocht I didn't mean for you take the nip and apologies if it caused any p***kle. It just comes across - to me - that Hoose Rice seems in a fairly fragile place at the moment and while obviously funny stuff provides some levity, your post - only to me and my pearl clutching sentiece - could play on the chap's mind. That was all...