Missing a court appearance - warrant out.

14 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Och well:

Good afternoon,

A warrant has been issued to the Police in relation to the above case due to your failure to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on 8 March 2023.

If you wish for the matter to be dealt with quickly please hand yourself into the Police at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Edinburgh PFO

Sorry to hear ,anyone you could stay with incase your unlucky and they do decide to pay a vist to your door at the weekend ,would defo make contact with the filth informing them your aware of it and will be in on Monday but .

2 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Sorry to hear ,anyone you could stay with incase your unlucky and they do decide to pay a vist to your door at the weekend ,would defo make contact with the filth informing them your aware of it and will be in on Monday but .

Nah not really.  

My worry with calling them is that may alert them to then come to my door?  I'm just gonna lay low until then and if they come to my door I'll blank it.   Cant see them turning up a busy Fri/Sat when the email sent to me seemed fairly relaxed or maybe thats being ignorant I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nah not really.  

My worry with calling them is that may alert them to then come to my door?  I'm just gonna lay low until then and if they come to my door I'll blank it.   Cant see them turning up a busy Fri/Sat when the email sent to me seemed fairly relaxed or maybe thats being ignorant I don't know. 

Would agree with that, there was no bluster or threats in that email, just a if you want….suspect you’re well down the list of people for them to go nick if they have a spare minute. Hopefully there are a few P&B regulars on or around the force that can distract them.

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nah not really.  

Chances are they won’t come over the weekend,easy for ever c**t on hear to say don’t worry but harder when it’s happening to you ,Best thing is not to go overboard with booze or anything over the weekend trying to blank it out as you will end up feeling even worse and worrying more  (hope that doesn’t come across as patronising btw) was more meaning phoning them and say your working away etc you know about it and deal with it when your home on Monday rather than saying your in the house waiting on the knock . 

43 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good afternoon,

A warrant has been issued to the Police in relation to the above case due to your failure to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on 8 March 2023.

If you wish for the matter to be dealt with quickly please hand yourself into the Police at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Edinburgh PFO

"Well, Saturday wasn't particularly convenient as I had been planning on watching Hearts getting knocked out the cup, and Saturday night is... well, what could be less convenient than a Saturday night?  Then it was Sunday, the Lord's day of rest.  Then I had work on Monday, and it wasn't until I'd gone home and had my tea that I didn't have any plans, and therefore came by at my [and I quote] earliest convenience."

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Well, Saturday wasn't particularly convenient as I had been planning on watching Hearts getting knocked out the cup, and Saturday night is... well, what could be less convenient than a Saturday night?  Then it was Sunday, the Lord's day of rest.  Then I had work on Monday, and it wasn't until I'd gone home and had my tea that I didn't have any plans, and therefore came by at my [and I quote] earliest convenience."

You're a mind reader! :) 

27 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Chances are they won’t come over the weekend,easy for ever c**t on hear to say don’t worry but harder when it’s happening to you ,Best thing is not to go overboard with booze or anything over the weekend trying to blank it out as you will end up feeling even worse and worrying more  (hope that doesn’t come across as patronising btw) was more meaning phoning them and say your working away etc you know about it and deal with it when your home on Monday rather than saying your in the house waiting on the knock . 

Cheers for the advice and you never came across that way mate.  :) 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Doesn't really read as them desperate to get you in as soon as possible tbh. Your case is likely very low down on their priority list. They do say "your earliest convenience" and it would be most inconvenient to hand yourself in today and be caged up for the weekend for no good reason. I'd just hold off until next week. They're clearly not that bothered.

The Police won't come looking for you this weekend for a warrant just issued.  It could actually take over a week before the warrant is live and on the system.  If you hand yourself in, as advised earlier, don't go later than midnight-1am as technically they could keep you til 'next lawful day'.  If you have meds with you make sure they are in the box with your details on it but you won't get meds for 1st 6 hours you are in custody.  

3 minutes ago, Jockthearab said:

The Police won't come looking for you this weekend for a warrant just issued.  It could actually take over a week before the warrant is live and on the system.

Exactly this.

They wouldn't have bothered sending a letter, they would have been right at your door if there was an issue. They'd probably prefer that you did wait until next week. You're obviously considered low risk and they won't want another cell to tend to over the weekend for someone who doesn't require it. Save the cells for the weekend fannies who are regular visitors there.

Sounds like we need a new thread on tips for turning yourself in to minimize cell time, and maybe a review thread for cells around the country/world so people can chose a better location to surrender at.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Och well:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

Edinburgh PFO

What is the charge?   Eating a meal, a succulent Chinese meal?

His 'Succulent Chinese Meal' rant became a classic meme but the arrested  man has a complicated past - ABC News

28 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like we need a new thread on tips for turning yourself in to minimize cell time, and maybe a review thread for cells around the country/world so people can chose a better location to surrender at.

The Rough Guide to Cells of Scotland? 😀 Or the Lonely Planet cell guide 😂

Edited by budmiester1

I was the only independent witness to an absolutely brutal assault on a police officer. I was listed as the main witness.I never went to court on the day of the trial. Never heard feck all about it again.#not a grass.

4 minutes ago, supermik said:

I was the only independent witness to an absolutely brutal assault on a police officer. I was listed as the main witness.I never went to court on the day of the trial. Never heard feck all about it again.#not a grass.

The courts can issue a witness warrant and have you lifted.

And you can be fined or even jailed for contempt of court.

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The courts can issue a witness warrant and have you lifted.

And you can be fined or even jailed for contempt of court.

Like I said Tam, never heard anything about it again. Guy that committed the crime is now long deid so think it might be a case closed situation now. (Was mental and totally unbelievable at the time)

On 09/03/2023 at 20:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm just posting in here so I can be part of history when P&B is read out in court.

"Your honour, if I may, I'd like to direct your attention to threads from the General Nonsense Forum."

"There is a precedent for this case, I'd like to submit into evidence 'cheerio from chigsy' "

11 hours ago, velo army said:

If you get the jail you can always change your name to Big Hoose Rice.

glcFLZ1.gif.205a05d954ae3cd3d042e662f37dfbbe.gif

In all seriousness Hoose Rice, you'll be okay, wouldn't worry too much about it, keep the head up and ask for advice from your lawyer if possible.