Missing a court appearance - warrant out.

Does anyone know in general terms what that will entail?  

I've missed an appearance yesterday because my old solicitor failed to let me know my date was due, now the court have said a warrant is out and I have to email them to pass on to the sheriff to reconsider and recall the warrant.

Regardless of how unfair this is I feel, does anyone know the procedure now?  They wouldn't tell me much apart from I should go to a station to hand myself in if the sheriff declines.  Obviously I have a fair few issues still going on mentally and it's given me a major panic having to be locked up and also with my medication etc I have no way how to deal with this so if I can prepare for what lies ahead it may not be as daunting.  

Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:

Hoose,

Give your local police office a call, let them know that you’re aware that there is a warrant for you and that you intend to surrender yourself, you can arrange a time with them to hand yourself in. Also let your solicitor know so they can attend the office as well. Make sure that the police are aware that you are on medication and want to bring it with you, they may say no to that but request that they call the on call doctor who can dispense medication to you at the station.

Try and arrange a time as late as possible to cut down your time in the station but don’t leave it too late as you may miss the court cutoff time for appearing the next day.

I was a Police officer until I retired a few years ago but practice may have changed in the time that I have been retired.

Thanks buddy, waiting for the reply from PF from the email I sent as got this reply: As your case is at pre-conviction stage an invitation request requires to be granted by the Procurator Fiscals Office rather than a Sheriff. I have forwarded your email to them and they will respond in due course.

Will take your advice if they reject it.  Thanks for your help :) 

You'd be lucky to get porridge these days. My previous stint resulted in a weekend long binge of spam sandwiches.

My advice would be to stay put. If they really need you in, they'll come to you. Edinburgh police are generally alright as long as you remain cool with them.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I assume that you aren’t up in court for armed robbery or murder or anything like that.  If so, hand yourself in or take a private jet to Northern Cyprus.

Nah - a charge that was actually 3 years back thats dragged on because of covid.  :) 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I've missed an appearance yesterday because my old solicitor failed to let me know my date was due, now the court have said a warrant is out and I have to email them to pass on to the sheriff to reconsider and recall the warrant.

Regardless of how unfair this is I feel, does anyone know the procedure now?  They wouldn't tell me much apart from I should go to a station to hand myself in if the sheriff declines.  Obviously I have a fair few issues still going on mentally and it's given me a major panic having to be locked up and also with my medication etc I have no way how to deal with this so if I can prepare for what lies ahead it may not be as daunting.  

Thanks guys.

Not a patch on Chigsy, HR, I can't lie. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thanks guys.

Scottish gang war thread for this pish,hope it works out well joking aside but. 

12 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Don't hand yourself in on a Friday incase you get kept in until the Monday.

Exactly, don’t do that, it will mean a weekend lie in😕 sounds daft but if you have to hand yourself in do it on a Monday night, all the weekend custodies are gone and that means the custody area is a hell of a lot quieter 👍

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thanks guys.

Have the DNA results confirmed it was your semen?

Edited by Flybhoy