Terrors v Maureens - Saturday 18th March 2023

31 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Foster also castigated Cantwell, Carter Vickers and Johnston for cheating last night. None of them were quite as blatant as Main mind you. 

The number of times Main has been fouled this season and hasn't had a foul given his way, quite often due to his strength keeping him upright, has been considerable.

He's probably decided he's had enough and that it's actually better to exaggerate contact, as he sees plenty others getting fouls off the back of it.

I'd have preferred him not to have to done it, but as others have mentioned, we've had a couple of ridiculous awards against us, so as they say, these things even themselves out over the season...............................

Edited by FTOF

35 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Why have they drawn the line to his fucking forearm?

Var is a binfire.

T shirt line CS, the handball rule was rewritten to anything above the t shirt line being ok to play the ball.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuinely didn't know that. I'd be out there in long sleeves.

On a different issue, are there any clubs with long sleeves these days? All seem to be short sleeves with an under armour type top underneath. I used to quite like a long sleeved number.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

The number of times Main has been fouled this season and hasn't had a foul given his way, quite often due to his strength keeping him upright, has been considerable.

He's probably decided he's had enough and that it's actually better to exaggerate contact, as he sees plenty others getting fouls off the back of it.

I'd have preferred him not to have to done it, but as others have mentioned, we've had a couple of ridiculous awards against us, so as they say, these things even themselves out over the season...............................

He's got an excellent teacher in Tony Watt.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

The most recent defeat against Hibs at home is the best example of that. The referee was just flat out refusing to give a foul in favour of Main no matter what the defender was doing. He was getting dragged about by his shirt collar and the decision was going against him for backing in. I’ve never seen a St Mirren player that gets as many blatant fouls against him waved away as much as Curtis Main does. 

Been overseas, so just seeing the iPlayer highlights.

Definitely would have expected the penalty to be overturned.

Having said that, the Taylor goal that was chopped off for offside, was more onside than either of the dubious goals - both given - in the Well v Rangers game.

Was expecting the panel to refer to that, instead, they didn't even mention it. Strange,

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Been overseas, so just seeing the iPlayer highlights.

Definitely would have expected the penalty to be overturned.

Having said that, the Taylor goal that was chopped off for offside, was more onside than either of the dubious goals - both given - in the Well v Rangers game.

Was expecting the panel to refer to that, instead, they didn't even mention it. Strange

Less offside than two other offside goals but still clearly offside, tbf.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Less offside than two other offside goals but still clearly offside, tbf.

And yet those two weren’t given offside, which is kinda my point.  

Given the number of awful VAR/refereeing decisions even this month I’m surprised at the Main one being treated as exceptional.  

However trying to look at things without club tainted specs, I wonder if what is happening is that they are now needing something major before over ruling the original decision. 

With the two offside goals at Fir Park, and the penalty and offside goal at Tannadice, on all four occasions they went with the onfield decision.  

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

And yet those two weren’t given offside, which is kinda my point.  

Given the number of awful VAR/refereeing decisions even this month I’m surprised at the Main one being treated as exceptional.  

However trying to look at things without club tainted specs, I wonder if what is happening is that they are now needing something major before over ruling the original decision. 

With the two offside goals at Fir Park, and the penalty and offside goal at Tannadice, on all four occasions they went with the onfield decision.  

I'm getting what you are saying: we don't need VAR!