Terrors v Maureens - Saturday 18th March 2023

Draw probably the right result but jeezo those chances we missed at the end, just relegate us now. Good support through from Paisley, but get the ‘Dundee’s a shit hole’ chants in the bin, we’re all from post industrial pot holes, leave that shite to the Edinburgh and Aberdeen wanks.

If there was ever a ref that looks like a paisley resident it’s Craig Napier, scandalous decision. 

Edit to add, draw probably a fair result but the manner of the equaliser makes it a tough nut to swallow. 
Good commitment from the players today but our paper thin unbalanced squad left us with little options to chase the win. 

Edited by skinny arab

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seem to remember a Dons player doing exactly the same thing against us in our last game at Pittodrie, was it Duk? 🤔 Not saying what Main did was right but every team does it. And we're not even sure if the penalty was given for that or a previous foul that maybe happened a minute or so before 

Sellick levels of whataboutery there 

I shan’t waste my Saturday evening defending the Jutes for one more second 

Shame on you, Weegie 

16 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Niskanen will get flack, but he only came on 2 minutes from the end of normal time, hardly time to get up to the pace of the game. 

I want to like Niskanen, I really do. In a season in which plenty of our squad have blatantly downed tools for more than one manager I appreciate that Niskanen has always clearly tried his best when called upon. That being said, he's hopeless.

Not being up to speed after coming on really isn't a good enough excuse for either of his misses today. Certainly not for the second chance. He has no composure whatsoever. He's scored once in his whole time with us, and even that was due to the County keeper last season making a Birighitti of a routine save.

The fact we're still turning to him on the bench to help try win games is just one more unnecessary reminder of what a fiasco the last transfer window was.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Shame on you, Weegie 

Just checked in here since the final whistle to see a sheep not wasting his saturday evening🙈

3 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Curtis Main should be embarrassed with what is at the end of the day is cheating, according to the BBC. Throws himself to the ground. It’s cheating. That’s according to Foster on the BBC.  Can’t argue with that. 

I honestly don’t think any of the pundits can be taken seriously, you know if that was Sevco he would be saying he gave the referee a decision to make, he had every right to go down, there’s definitely contact blah blah blah. 

It may or not be a penalty but using the BBC as some sort of bastion of truth is mental.

Listen it’s not a penalty in a month of Sundays, how VAR hasn’t overruled that decision after having the luxury of multiple replays is baffling. We’re not exactly short on examples of Scottish officials using VAR horrendously, but this is another one to add to the list. St. Mirren have had their fair share of ridiculous penalty decisions against them as I’m sure Dundee United have too, but it’s still no excuse. The most surprising thing for me is that a foul was given in favour of Curtis Main, most weeks it takes serious assault charges to be issued by the Procurator Fiscal for him to get a free kick on the half way line, so it was a shock to see him getting awarded a decision as soft as that in the box.  

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Shame on you, Weegie 

Aw Grimey, I am offended by everything in that post yet ashamed of nothing, Sellick levels again? 😮 3rd place looks on the cards for you lot doesnt it? 

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Their pal, the ref. 

Sorry bud. 

United look like they have a shot at staying up, although games like yesterday yous probably have to win.

Theiry Small looked electric when he came on yesterday. Hoping we can get a loan extension in place for next season.

6 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Curtis Main should be embarrassed with what is at the end of the day is cheating, according to the BBC. Throws himself to the ground. It’s cheating. That’s according to Foster on the BBC.  Can’t argue with that. 

Ricky Foster fucking hates Dundee United, so it must be bad if he thinks it was a dive

I don’t think it was a penalty.

However, folk need to remember that the job of VAR in those circumstances is to find proof that the referee made a clear and obvious error. In other words they need to prove that there was no contact. I haven’t seen any angle which explicitly shows there was no contact. On that basis VAR had no business overturning the decision. Simple as that.

Still don’t think it was a penalty mind. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t think it was a penalty.

However, folk need to remember that the job of VAR in those circumstances is to find proof that the referee made a clear and obvious error. In other words they need to prove that there was no contact. I haven’t seen any angle which explicitly shows there was no contact. On that basis VAR had no business overturning the decision. Simple as that.

Still don’t think it was a penalty mind. 

You're right but contact doesn't mean it's a foul. 

Also, how many decisions have been overturned where it didn't seem a clear and obvious error?