Terrors v Maureens - Saturday 18th March 2023

2 minutes ago, CamaroSaint said:

Yeah, can't believe they didn't get him to at least have a look in the monitor.

There was a foul on grieve in the same passage of play about a minute before it that I thought was going to be VAR’d and given as a penalty. If the second one was overturned would they have went back and gave the first one? Who knows, either way Mark O’Hara takes a very good pen. 

Stoppages in 45 mins = 8 mins

Stoppages in 8 mins = 4 mins.

I honestly think stoppage time is 90% guess work.

The second half was the most comfortable we've been this season up until about 89mins then I felt we were hanging on.

We got a bit of luck with the penalty. That's a pathetic decision and I'd be fuming if I was a Utd fan.

Thought that Grieve effort at the end was dropping in but we rode our luck there from about 88 minutes. Utd should have had it in injury time.

We are running out of road here and it looks like it will be another top six hard luck story this season.

Edited by djchapsticks

15 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Dundee United are really beginning to annoy me

It's not being shite that annoys me, it's the way we go from looking almost semi-competent to looking like a bunch of 2 year olds about to shite themselves at every possible opportunity.

An opposition goal is usually inevitable - the main surprise today is that St Mirren only got one after we went into reverse

1-1 

Probably fair enough over the piece. Both teams had chances to win it in injury time, United especially when they hit the post and skied one over. Grieve could have won it in about the 102nd minute though, curled over.

The poor away form continues and other scores went against us today, now down to seventh. If we don’t beat Livi in Paisley in a fortnight top six is off for another year.

Edited by Lex

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

If we don’t beat Livi in Paisley next week top six is off for another year.

I 100% guarantee you we won't beat Livingston in Paisley next week. 😉

Ahhh you caught it, b*****d. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

FT 1-1.

Does neither side any favours.

Given our general away form this season, going 1-0 down so early, and the all-too-familiar prospect of a crisis club rolling us over, a decent point really. At least the comeback for the point stops Goodwin grinning like a Cheshire cat. Had a look at the table, and there’s little between Hearts in third and us in seventh….. sits back and waits for those Jambos who trumpeted that they are comfortably third best and will finish “significantly” ahead of all other diddies to come on and put me right.

Top 6 Tony is still on.

Far from our worst performance of the season but it's still very indicative of why we're going to get relegated. We indulge in kamikaze defending week in week out, consistently finding new ways to be humiliated. Yet when St. Mirren seemed determined to lose a goal in stoppage time we were hapless. Niskanen the perfect exemplifier of that by blasting two chances over the bar from inside the box. Fotheringham was not much better either, managing to hit the outside of the post with a whole goal to aim at.

Yet another week where results elsewhere would have helped us out had we been remotely competent enough to take advantage. Instead we're still behind County on points and we've got Sevco after the international break. Superb.

Edited by captainkev

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I 100% guarantee you we won't beat Livingston in Paisley next week. 😉

Ahhh you caught it, b*****d. :lol:

St Mirren v Livvy is a stick-on 1-1 draw. Surely the surest sure thing that’s sure in Scottish fitba*

*VAR penalties for James Tavernier aside, naturally.