Terrors v Maureens - Saturday 18th March 2023

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah, not for me. If he's in attendance at the celebration in October as former captain then fine, but tomorrow he's in charge of a rival because he chose to leave us. He knows how tribal football is. 

If it was any other weekend I'd agree, weird twist of fate we are facing each other on a pretty big anniversary. I don't mean serenade him for 10 minutes before kick off but a wee acknowledgment on a special occasion wouldn't go amiss.  Hope he's miserable tonight after a pumping, obviously.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Funny feeling about this one, misplaced optimism?

Who knows. Looking forward to it though.

Must admit I'm never confident going to Tannadice no matter what state United are in. Didnt see much of the Aberdeen game but it seems yous showed up but we're let down by a certain defender.

Gallagher and Dunne missing is huge for us. I'd maybe expect to see gorgeous Joe start to go up against Fletcher, if he's fit.

The pressure is on both teams today for different reasons 

11 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah, not for me. If he's in attendance at the celebration in October as former captain then fine, but tomorrow he's in charge of a rival because he chose to leave us. He knows how tribal football is. 

I still think there's a place in football for sentiment. He's a cup winning captain and we don't have many of them. 

A decent reception and a round of applause before the game wouldn't go amiss.

I'm not convinced he'll get it, but I think he probably should.

41 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Popadom Wrists

Ayina Mulgrew McMann

Freeman Harkes Sibbald Behic

McGrath

Fletcher Anaku

Regardless of team We'll be pumped 2-0

Doon.

f**k off United. 

Got a feeling we’ll see a change of shape today with Behich playing further forward 

the Ozzie nightmare 

Smith Ayina Mulgrew McMann

Harkes Sibbald 

Fotheringham McGrath Behich

Fletcher

Regardless of who starts and what formation today is bordering on must win, don’t care how we do it just get the fucking win. 

12 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Got a feeling we’ll see a change of shape today with Behich playing further forward 

the Ozzie nightmare 

Harkes Sibbald 

Fletcher

Regardless of who starts and what formation today is bordering on must win, don’t care how we do it just get the fucking win. 

You will get your wish 2-0 utd.

3 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

the Ozzie nightmare 

Harkes Sibbald 

Fletcher

I was actually thinking of a 4231 with Behic on left wing but I'd prefer to have 2 strikers up front, no Fletcher on his own chasing everything and nobody up beyond him. Especially at home.

This is a must win considering we have Newco next week and the two teams closest to us could be miles ahead by tea time never mind next week.

If there's a gap of 6 or 7 points before the split we're fucked imo.

1 minute ago, skinny arab said:

Edwards, Smith and Pawlett in for Mulgrew, Freeman and Anaku. 
Our options from the bench are truly depressing, need the starting 11 to perform to have any chance. 

Might be going aff my nut but quite pleased to see Pawlett in.