Terrors v Maureens - Saturday 18th March 2023

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think that Robinson has the measure of Goodwin, tbh. Not quite to the extent that Martindale did/does, but as the teams head out on Saturday I know which squad has the better manager behind them.

Obviously the longer-than-usual gap between games should hopefully have Goodwin and Mulgrew right at each other's throats already, too.

That said, close game. 2-1 to whichever team doesn't have a man sent off in the first 15 minutes.

Yeah I think it will be close.

There's pressure on both teams on Saturday. A win for either would be a massive shot in the arm for their respective aims.

As always first goal is going to pretty much decide it IMO.

I don't have a great feeling about this. OK, we had a very comfortable victory at Tannadice earlier in the season but our away form has been rotten. We went to Motherwell - who were in free fall and just appointed a new manager - and never turned up and I worry we could see a repeat.

Dundee Utd have some reasonable players going forward but stinking at the back. We have a decent defence but don't create enough clear cut chances, so any slip up at the back and we could be in trouble.

17 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Option A - Utd win but go down and S Mirren lose out on top 6 in the final game

Option B - St Mirren win, Utd stay up and St Mirren take a spot in the top 6

I've got a voting slip in front of me with Option A ticked.

You’re a sad individual 

19 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Genuinely didn't think St.Mirren had it in us to rattle someone so much that they'd gladly see their team relegated than see us do well 🤣

19 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The bitterness positively oozing from this post :lol:

Will be interesting to see what sort of reaction Goody gets tomorrow from our fans, on the day after the 10 year anniversary of the league cup win.

Would like to think he will get a wee applause at least before the game, before the torrent of abuse starts 😂.

At the end of the day only 4 StMirren captains have lifted a trophy at Hampden and he is one of them. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will be interesting to see what sort of reaction Goody gets tomorrow from our fans, on the day after the 10 year anniversary of the league cup win.

Would like to think he will get a wee applause at least before the game, before the torrent of abuse starts 😂.

At the end of the day only 4 StMirren captains have lifted a trophy at Hampden and he is one of them. 

Nah, not for me. If he's in attendance at the celebration in October as former captain then fine, but tomorrow he's in charge of a rival because he chose to leave us. He knows how tribal football is.