Peterhead vs Pars

Bottom vs top on Saturday as we face Peterhead for the final time this season (and, barring Cup draws, the final time for a while I think since they appear to be heading down).

We inexplicably drew 2-2 at East End in the first meeting despite being two up late on but then won 0-2 at Balmoor and 4-0 at East End.

Hope the team remain grounded and get the win. I'm confident we can get the victory but just hope there is no complacency. Everything points to an away win but the team need to actually do it to keep up our run for the title, so a professional performance is needed.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

I was going, but have had to cancel due to building work. Pity because its a decent piss up.

I can see us winning, but not by a large margin. Peterhead will have a go and I do not want us getting complacent just because we beat Falkirk. We are more than capable of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Really want this to go ahead while the team is brimming with confidence. No wanting to have this as a midweek journey a few weeks down the line.

What a kick in the baws it would be to drop points after the elation of Tuesday night. Enough points have been dropped against them and Clyde as it is.

Peterhead are a bit more spirited and better organised than earlier in the season, but having seen them on a few occasions recently would be shocked if the Pars don't win by 2 or 3. They frustrated Falkirk for an hour last weekend but then the roof came in spectacularly

Need a win here. As much as Falkirk will be deflated after Tuesday, if we drop points here it opens the door again a tiny bit. A win puts us 11 points clear and although they'd have a midweek game in hand v Montrose, psychologically you'd think that would be a bit of a barrier. 

Hopefully the snow disappears and the covers are down. 

I'd imagine all talk of Tuesday will be done and dusted. The players will know that a win will mean a double figures lead for the first time this season. Even with a game more played that's massive.

No slip ups Pars. Get it done.

Would imagine the club will do everything they can to get this played but not a good forecast over the coming days, not sure if the undersoil heating has been fired up for a long time. Our best bet is if there stays covering of snow to keep the frost out. Earlier for a Clyde game the snow was cleared on the Friday only for the frost to freeze the pitch overnight.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Would imagine the club will do everything they can to get this played but not a good forecast over the coming days, not sure if the undersoil heating has been fired up for a long time. Our best bet is if there stays covering of snow to keep the frost out. Earlier for a Clyde game the snow was cleared on the Friday only for the frost to freeze the pitch overnight.

BBC weather seems to think it looks ok.

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2640351

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just seen Peterhead have posted a picture of the pitch, covered in snow. They’re asking for volunteers to help clear it. Can’t see this game going ahead tomorrow.

AB62F143-E393-4376-8C54-6B1C33D64218.jpeg

Tbf the snow will have helped keep the pitch from freezing so if there isn't too much snow once it's cleared then it should be playable.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Tbf the snow will have helped keep the pitch from freezing so if there isn't too much snow once it's cleared then it should be playable.

Has not been much the last couple days, really depends on overnight temp tonight. The other problem could be the roads for travel and around the ground. As long as its decided one way or the other so folk know what is happening