Contractual Obligation -Celtic v Heart of Midlothian

Came out of things a goal better off than Hibs, with them at Celtic Park next time out. If we avoid defeat at Pittodrie that weekend, and given our goal difference is like an extra point, that will be third in the bag.

We can also have a little bit of hope that things could be different in the cup at Tynecastle on Saturday, though the end result will probably be the same.

Played well for about an hour but it's hard to play at that tempo beyond that and we had very little on the bench with the injuries. Celtic deserved to win but I think the 3rd flattered them a bit, lots of the ball without actually hurting us too much.

Individual mistakes at the first two goals and Celtic are clinical.

Got what I expected in the end and we were nowhere near full strength, hopefully get a few back for Saturday and give it a good go.

I'd also like to add Peter Grant is an insufferable p***k. Surely Celtic can get someone better in that role?

Complained about our goal because he didn't understand how the VAR lines worked.

Was raging that the ref checked the Bernabei tackle because Neilson passed a message to him to have a look, like that's how it works 😅

And when discussing Maeda's goal said it was "more onside" than Ginnelly's. You are either on or off, There's no such thing as "more onside". 

Just a hopeless co-commentator.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Played well for about an hour but it's hard to play at that tempo beyond that and we had very little on the bench with the injuries. Celtic deserved to win but I think the 3rd flattered them a bit, lots of the ball without actually hurting us too much.

Got what I expected in the end and we were nowhere near full strength, hopefully get a few back for Saturday and give it a good go.

For the second, no idea why the scorer was in so much space (defenders not tracking back/lost him)

It looked like we had a good plan in place, but Celtic are so "on it" that to keep concentration levels up for a full 90 mins is very hard to do.

Positively, I think Celtic's first 2 were avoidable from a Hearts perspective, but then again they could have buried other chances that they didn't 

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd also like to add Peter Grant is an insufferable p***k. Surely Celtic can get someone better in that role?

Complained about our goal because he didn't understand how the VAR lines worked.

Was raging that the ref checked the Bernabei tackle because Neilson passed a message to him to have a look, like that's how it works 😅

And when discussing Maeda's goal said it was "more onside" than Ginnelly's. You are either on or off, There's no such thing as "more onside". 

Just a hopeless co-commentator.

Actually there is Tony depends on what team you support  :eek:  and there's also less of a hand ball when you score with your arm when no one claims for it.... 

Jinky will explain that one to you 

1 hour ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

Actually there is Tony depends on what team you support  :eek:  and there's also less of a hand ball when you score with your arm when no one claims for it.... 

Jinky will explain that one to you 

^^still raging

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

Ange Postecoglou pointed to the financial disparity between Celtic and RB Leipzig.

"It's difficult. We're talking about the highest level of club football. There are different sorts of stresses and anxieties around taking your chances at this level and we can't spend hundreds of millions trying to solve that problem."

Exquisite, love it , bend over Ange ! 

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just be thankful hes not involved with Scotland anymore, or Clark would've been ruled out of contention for conceding 3 v Celtic.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just be thankful hes not involved with Scotland anymore, or Clark would've been ruled out of contention for conceding 3 v Celtic.

Zander? I'm pretty sure he'll be in the squad regardless.  Not many other goalies playing regularly and he's kept clean sheets in over half his games. Looked a wee bit shake last night though at set pieces and crosses.

20 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Zander? I'm pretty sure he'll be in the squad regardless.  Not many other goalies playing regularly and he's kept clean sheets in over half his games. Looked a wee bit shake last night though at set pieces and crosses.

It was a dig at Grant more than anything tbh. He admitted he recommended Scott Bain (sat on Celtics bench) for a call up ahead of Zander Clark years ago because he'd watched Clark, who was in great form, concede 7 against Celtic (he clearly didnt. Clark had a stormer that day and kept the score down if anything).

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was a dig at Grant more than anything tbh. He admitted he recommended Scott Bain (sat on Celtics bench) for a call up ahead of Zander Clark years ago because he'd watched Clark, who was in great form, concede 7 against Celtic (he clearly didnt. Clark had a stormer that day and kept the score down if anything).

Ahh gotcha.  Never knew that story, he's a fanny.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ahh gotcha.  Never knew that story, he's a fanny.

I think the actual quote came from a press conference that Grant was for some reason fronting after the squad announcement. Clark had been in superb form for months and the only blot on his copybook was (I think) a 6-0 defeat at Celtic Park, after which Clark had been named man of the match for, as RG says, keeping the score down from going in to double figures.

Asked why Clark had been excluded to the benefit of Scott Bain, Grant replied that he had "conceded six against Celtic and nobody was very happy with him that day", suggesting pretty clearly that he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Neilson accepting defeat to Celtic with his usual good grace I see. The player that nearly got his leg off, how is he? Is he out of A&E yet? 

No surprise from the manky looking c**t, he looks like he smells of Mayfair fags and a bookies toilet carpet, Jeffrey Dahmer wouldn’t even eat that smelly c**t.