Contractual Obligation -Celtic v Heart of Midlothian

20 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think we can all save ourselves a lot of hassle later by all just signing this open letter to the Celtic fans, and we can fill in the details later.

Dear Celtic fans,

You're absolutely right. Celtic were breathtaking and (insert player name here) really is world class.

Furthermore, Hearts are indeed a bunch of hammer throwers whose only intent was to injure opponents, mainly because Neilson is a bitter *** b*****d.

You're quite right that (insert number here) Hearts players should have been sent off and the referee was absolutely right to give Celtic (insert contentious decision here) and completely wrong not to give Celtic (insert anything you like here). We can all agree that the referee gave Hearts everything all evening.

We all agree that Celtic are really good and we are all very, VERY impressed.

(Up)Yours in sport,

Hearts

I'm topcat and I endorse this message

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's a worrying trend nowadays that supporters think it's acceptable just to dismiss heavy away defeats at the Gruesomes.

I read some Aberdeen supporters doing similar a couple of weeks ago.

Of course everything is weighed in favour of the Gruesomes but that shouldn't mean you lie down to them.

Hopefully the Hearts players will have more stomach for it than seemingly their supporters do!

I don't think anyone is dismissing anything.  We generally haven't many heavy defeats against Celtic since Neilson came back, just the one I think, the vast majority of the games have been very close, usually decided by 1 goal.

It's more to do with every time we play them the match thread is tedious pish, with Celtic fans usually demanding everyone praise them while accepting everyone is against them.

Added to the fact our record is simply shite there, similar to when we go to Pittodrie, and we play them in what is a bigger game in 4 days time it's just a game we are mostly happy to get over with.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I

It's more to do with every time we play them the match thread is tedious pish, with Celtic fans usually demanding everyone praise them while accepting everyone is against them.

Do you have any examples of this? I have genuinely never noticed anything like this in the 14 years I’ve been posting on here. I mean I get the being against us bit - but the demanding praise bit? Not in my puff.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Added to the fact our record is simply shite there, similar to when we go to Pittodrie, and we play them in what is a bigger game in 4 days time it's just a game we are mostly happy to get over with.

b92.gif

Edited by Drew Brees

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Rinse and repeat.

Problem is they have to endure this shit once in a blue moon, us (and Dons-1988) have to sit through this same Celtic match thread every single week. 

It’s dons_1988. Show some respect. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Do you have any examples of this? I have genuinely never noticed anything like this in the 14 years I’ve been posting on here. I mean I get the being against us bit - but the demanding praise bit? Not in my puff.

There's a gentleman who posts regularly and clearly regards himself as a 'scholar of the Celtic' . He expects all to accept that Celtic's Lisbon triumph is the single greatest achievement in the history of world football. That a good enough example for you ? A Club Like No Other ? We're expected to roll over and acquiesce to that fragrant crock of horse shit ? Ange Ball ? Need I go on..?

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

There's a gentleman who posts regularly and clearly regards himself as a 'scholar of the Celtic' . He expects all to accept that Celtic's Lisbon triumph is the single greatest achievement in the history of world football. That a good enough example for you ? A Club Like No Other ? We're expected to roll over and acquiesce to that fragrant crock of horse shit ? Ange Ball ? Need I go on..?

I asked for examples not your fiction list ffs.

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I asked for examples not your fiction list ffs.

Loves to shoehorn that in on a regular basis, has absolutely nothing to do with what you were discussing, not that that matters to him, no doubt he’ll bring up Forest next. 

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's a worrying trend nowadays that supporters think it's acceptable just to dismiss heavy away defeats at the Gruesomes.

I read some Aberdeen supporters doing similar a couple of weeks ago.

Of course everything is weighed in favour of the Gruesomes but that shouldn't mean you lie down to them.

Hopefully the Hearts players will have more stomach for it than seemingly their supporters do!

Acceptable?  No.  But they've lost 24 home league games since Martin O'Neill took over in 2000, are unbeaten there in pushing 3 years, and have only lost in front of fans once in the last 4 years.   

The gap is unfortunately massive and attitude of the fans has zero impact on the performances.

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym