Free Charles.

And they said no,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65112410

Main gist,

Notorious prisoner Charles Bronson has lost his latest bid to be freed from jail, the Parole Board has said.

The decision came after one of the UK's longest-serving prisoners - who changed his surname to Salvador in 2014 - took part in one of the country's first public parole hearings.

Bronson, 70, from Luton, was jailed aged 22 for armed robbery in 1974.

The Parole Board said it "was not satisfied that Mr Salvador was suitable for release" from prison.

Bronson, who is currently held at HMP Woodhill in Milton Keynes, has earned a reputation as a violent and dangerous inmate.

In a document detailing the decision, the Parole Board said: "After considering the circumstances of his offending, the progress that Mr Salvador has made while in custody and the evidence presented at the hearings, the panel was not satisfied that Mr Salvador was suitable for release.

"Nor did the panel recommend to the Secretary of State that he should be transferred to an open prison."

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They could've given him half a chance and put him in an open prison to see how he got on. 

Pretty fucking harsh. IMO.

Thank you.

You don't get half chances. ok with a child, but not for me. He has shown though the years he will take any slight opening for him for rehab and will push it to the limits.

Open prison, is a hell of a big step for an inmate who hates the service and not long ago was trying to kidnap these workers.

His incarceration for 7 years, is not his   imprisonment being an evil person to prisoners  and most important to civilian workers like me and you.

Sometimes the dog is best in the cage. 

I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out in the next few weeks that he's done something stupid in prison in the aftermath of this decision. Almost understandable under the circumstances, but also shows exactly why it's probably the correct decision. Pretty sure the last time he tried to batter a prison governor was in the aftermath of a parole hearing in 2018 or thereabouts.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

He would have been a cert to be on I'm a celebrity or that dancing show if they'd let him out.

Would happily pay to see that. Particularly if it meant he booted f**k out of the arseholes who regularly appear on that sort of shite reality tv. 

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out in the next few weeks that he's done something stupid in prison in the aftermath of this decision. Almost understandable under the circumstances, but also shows exactly why it's probably the correct decision. Pretty sure the last time he tried to batter a prison governor was in the aftermath of a parole hearing in 2018 or thereabouts.

I'm not sure the two things are related tbh. I'm not a violent person but if I was locked in a cage with no chance of getting out and currently receiving the most punishment that can be given to me then I really wouldn't give a shit about sticking a knife in the throat of a nonce. If there's no chance he's getting out it's understandable to see why he just doesn't care about his actions - not that I'm justifying them. I just see the 'psychology' behind them.