Free Charles.

Bronson/Salvador up for his parole this week, think he should be free to spend his last years in peace, been a bit naughty, but never killed anyone or harmed a child. Tom Hardy was superb in the film as well.

Free Charles.

Tom Hardy was banned from visiting Charles Bronson in prison

Thank you.

Definitely one that you can see from both sides. Almost finished the two-parter on C4. He hasn't murdered or raped anyone but he's clearly ruined that one guy's life who he took hostage. The poor fecker was unable to teach again. I'd imagine there are others who he's psychologically scarred as well. 

The length of sentence has been pretty incredible though. Rapist and child abusers are the worst people in our society IMO and there will be some of those scumbags out there who served less time than Bronson has. 

FWIW I don't think he'll get parole as he didn't appear to show any genuine remorse for what he's done and I think that's a big part of the parole decision? I don't know if he'd reoffend though as he appears to have been behaving himself for the last 5 years or so and is of course getting on now (though he still looking in remarkable shape). I think the biggest risk/the thing he'd struggle with would be that no one would care anymore. The guy is clearly a narcissist and loves the attention. If he got out and that ended, what would his reaction be? You could see him taking folk hostage again just to get himself back in the papers.

Very much on the fence with it tbh. If he got released I think that would be fair enough but in the same breath, if he's refused he can't have many complaints. 

Slightly OT, but his son in the documentary appears to be a right c**t. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Slightly OT, but his son in the documentary appears to be a right c**t. 

Aye, he'll absolutely shite himself when his Dad comes round asking for a bed for the night.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely one that you can see from both sides. Almost finished the two-parter on C4. He hasn't murdered or raped anyone but he's clearly ruined that one guy's life who he took hostage. The poor fecker was unable to teach again. I'd imagine there are others who he's psychologically scarred as well. 

The length of sentence has been pretty incredible though. Rapist and child abusers are the worst people in our society IMO and there will be some of those scumbags out there who served less time than Bronson has.

He was originally sentenced to seven years.  I am not on expert on any of this but I get the impression that regardless of your sentence, you don't get out unless the authorities are convinced it is safe to let you out.  It certainly says something about him that more than forty years after the initial seven years,  he is still behind bars at the age of 70.

Dunno if it's looking favorite for him getting out based on day 1 of the hearing

He characterised much of his violence within bars as a protest against conditions within the prison system, describing himself as “a retired prison activist”. He said, especially in the 1970s and 1980s, “it was a brutal environment” and if a dog was treated in the same way, it would have moved the RSPCA to intervene.

Asked about an incident in 2015 when he threw his own faeces at another prisoner, Bronson claimed the inmate had killed four people and had insulted him and threatened to stab him. Bronson said: “I should have hung him.”

Bronson showed frustration at the pace of proceedings at times, at one point saying: “We’ll be here all day.” When his solicitor, Dean Kingham asked for a comfort break, Bronson said: “I’m getting bored of this, crack on Dean.” He also told the panel that half of the 738-page dossier before them was “crap”.

His prison offender manager said since she took over Bronson’s case he had made documented threats against prison staff but never resorted to violence. She said he had made progress but feared he would not cope if moved from his current close supervision centre for eight people into the community or even to a large prison wing. A psychologist concurred.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/06/prisoner-charles-bronson-tells-parole-hearing-i-just-want-to-go-out-and-do-my-art

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Dunno if it's looking favorite for him getting out based on day 1 of the hearing

He characterised much of his violence within bars as a protest against conditions within the prison system, describing himself as “a retired prison activist”. He said, especially in the 1970s and 1980s, “it was a brutal environment” and if a dog was treated in the same way, it would have moved the RSPCA to intervene.

Asked about an incident in 2015 when he threw his own faeces at another prisoner, Bronson claimed the inmate had killed four people and had insulted him and threatened to stab him. Bronson said: “I should have hung him.”

Bronson showed frustration at the pace of proceedings at times, at one point saying: “We’ll be here all day.” When his solicitor, Dean Kingham asked for a comfort break, Bronson said: “I’m getting bored of this, crack on Dean.” He also told the panel that half of the 738-page dossier before them was “crap”.

His prison offender manager said since she took over Bronson’s case he had made documented threats against prison staff but never resorted to violence. She said he had made progress but feared he would not cope if moved from his current close supervision centre for eight people into the community or even to a large prison wing. A psychologist concurred.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/06/prisoner-charles-bronson-tells-parole-hearing-i-just-want-to-go-out-and-do-my-art

He must be very frustrating to represent as he doesn't help himself at times. You can appreciate his honesty but surely someone should be having a word in his ear that you have to play the game if you want out. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He must be very frustrating to represent as he doesn't help himself at times. You can appreciate his honesty but surely someone should be having a word in his ear that you have to play the game if you want out. 

I take it if he gets out and joins P&B nobody’s gonna dig him up about the jobby flinging bit? 

45 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

and those that can't teach, teach PE.

Thank you.

eta. You a PE teacher @DeeTillEhDeh?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again