Livi v Dundee Utd (Take Three)

44 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is the keeper that got caught out by Stevie May playing in this game, should be good fun if he is, the way Anderson presses up front.

I'm assuming Omeonga will miss this one, but if not then he's another that likes to chase the keeper down.

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I'm assuming Omeonga will miss this one, but if not then he's another that likes to chase the keeper down.

That would be hilarious if Omeonga got his first goal, getting the ball kicked off his arse by Birighitti back into the net. It's about the only way i could see Omeonga ever scoring, his shots are so wild.

Egan-Riley went over the ball with his studs into Obileye's ankle. Nasty wee c**t. 

Huge blow to Livi and to Obileye himself. He's a leader for us and scores some vital goals from set pieces. Ach well, there's Fitzwater and De Lucas.

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

Egan-Riley went over the ball with his studs into Obileye's ankle. Nasty wee c**t. 

Huge blow to Livi and to Obileye himself. He's a leader for us and scores some vital goals from set pieces. Ach well, there's Fitzwater and De Lucas.

Seen a few tackles worse than what Holt and Pittman got sent off for, only getting yellow cards.

Yeah never good seeing a player injured, from a totally selfish view it might well work out good for us having de Lucas playing now. Looks better on the ball than Boyes &  Obileye, and even Fitzwater, bringing it out of defence, and is a big unit of a player that is meant to be aggressive in challenges and ball winning, however he hasn't the experience of our mad paced Scottish football yet, so hopefully he'll get used to it really quickly.

Sportscene weren't exactly complimentary about Fitzwater and I don't think they were that wide of the mark.

Once all the transfer rumours started his performance seemed to drift. His positioning particularly for Hibs second was appalling.

50 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Seen a few tackles worse than what Holt and Pittman got sent off for, only getting yellow cards.

Yeah never good seeing a player injured, from a totally selfish view it might well work out good for us having de Lucas playing now. Looks better on the ball than Boyes &  Obileye, and even Fitzwater, bringing it out of defence, and is a big unit of a player that is meant to be aggressive in challenges and ball winning, however he hasn't the experience of our mad paced Scottish football yet, so hopefully he'll get used to it really quickly.

Hamilton in goals. He has one prior appearance this season. Boyes is 21 and has only been in the team since late December. Then De Lucas has a whopping 14 minutes under his belt as a Livi player.

We'll need the rest of the team to play well to keep the pressure off our central defence and goalkeeper in this match.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Martindale said it looked like a bad one. I'd be appealing the Fitzwater red to give us the extra option for this game. 

Tbf home to Dundee United is probably the 'best' game for him to miss. The next game is Ross County who have White and Brophy finding a bit of spark, then away to St Mirren after that. If Obileye and George are out for a significant spell I'd probably just get it over with and have Fitz out for this one, and hope that Holt and/or Sean Kelly are able to provide a good block from midfield.

Noticed someone saying that due to Fitzwater already having a straight red this season, this will result in a 3 game ban this time? Any clarification on that would be nice, but looks like we’ll be stuck with De Lucas and Boyes for the rest of the month.

13 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Noticed someone saying that due to Fitzwater already having a straight red this season, this will result in a 3 game ban this time? Any clarification on that would be nice, but looks like we’ll be stuck with De Lucas and Boyes for the rest of the month.

Unfortunately, this suggests that this is at least half right - out for 2 games unless I'm reading it wrong.

Page 140 of https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9962/sfa_jpp-2022-23_digital-jan23-update.pdf

Sending-Off Offences – Additional Suspension
5.1 Where a player is reported for a sending off offence, and that player has also been
Determined by a Tribunal to have committed an additional sending off offence in the same
match, or has previously been reported for a sending-off offence in the same Competition
in a Season, an additional suspension of one match for each previous sending-off offence
will be applied.

5.2 Any additional suspension shall become effective on the 14th day following the date of the
match at which the sending-off offence occurred and shall apply to the Competition where
the sending off offence was reported

Edited by LiviLion

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Think the challenge was clumsy more than malicious but it shows that we are again getting mucked around by VAR while they upgrade our bad challenges to red cards. How the Pittman challenge is a red and that one isn't is beyond me. Far more dangerous.

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

He is😡

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Think the challenge was clumsy more than malicious but it shows that we are again getting mucked around by VAR while they upgrade our bad challenges to red cards. How the Pittman challenge is a red and that one isn't is beyond me. Far more dangerous.

Was watching the Man utd - Liverpool game and McTominay had a tackle similar to Pittman's that wasn't even reviewed for a red

On 05/03/2023 at 19:18, skinny arab said:

We have a horrendous record at Livi

United won the last time they played there, and you had a new manager as well. After watching United on Saturday night I’m going for a United win, with the proviso that Edwards is nowhere near the team and whoever is in goal gets lucky.

No clean sheets in this one. I fancy Nouble to run riot, whilst my confidence levels in whatever makeshift defensive unit we field are lower than a a snakes belly. 

I actually think United will win quite comfy, but that is no doubt sheer pessimism as our form has dropped like a stone. 

On 05/03/2023 at 21:06, Cptn Hooch said:

Yellow warning for snow and ice over the next couple of days

Livi - P : United - P

Aye, just saw the forecast. Chance of a shower Tuesday afternoon, after which the temperature in Livi will barely get above freezing and be as low as -4. 

Not a chance this will be on. 

Just a heads up for United fans.Was absolutely baltic down here this morning and overnight tonight predicted to be minus 6 in Livingston.Part of the pitch will be brick hard come tomorrow I suspect.Guarenteed if they call for a pitch inspection this game will be in serious doubt.Remember what happened the last time with a load of Arabs already in Livingston only for it to be called of at the last minute. Thought I'd pre warn you guys just in case.🥶🤷‍♂️👍.

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Just a heads up for United fans.Was absolutely baltic down here this morning and overnight tonight predicted to be minus 6 in Livingston.Part of the pitch will be brick hard come tomorrow I suspect.Guarenteed if they call for a pitch inspection this game will be in serious doubt.Remember what happened the last time with a load of Arabs already in Livingston only for it to be called of at the last minute. Thought I'd pre warn you guys just in case.🥶🤷‍♂️👍.

I have to agree. Just been out; a lovely sunny day but the pavements are still covered with frost and ice.

Even with the covers I suspect this wont be enough.