Bully Wee vs Doonhamers at NDP

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Two games in a row he's got the opposition rattled. Delicious. I will miss that when he goes. 

From where I was, folk were just laughing at him being a little weirdo. It was disappointing to see some of the knuckle draggers trying to square him up at FT just giving him exactly what he wanted.

I actually thought we were the slightly-less-poor of two very poor teams today. McGeever and McDonald’s misses were absolutely baffling. Scullion and Cameron at centre mid is absolutely horrifying. Parry, Sula and McGeever looked reasonably decent today and having them performing as a cohesive unit for the rest of the season will be the difference between us going down and potentially staying up. Salkeld and Rennie are good players but both had poor games today. Doherty isn’t a good player but at least he has a bit of dig about him. 

43 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

From where I was, folk were just laughing at him being a little weirdo. It was disappointing to see some of the knuckle draggers trying to square him up at FT just giving him exactly what he wanted.

It just never fails to amaze me when football fans can go to a game and surround themselves with folk giving players dogs abuse for an hour and a half (and in a lot of cases contribute) and yet when a player has the audacity to give it back they get upset over it. 

FWIW, the diving wee shitebag that is Ollie McDonald did the exact same thing in the first game against us. I have absolutely no issue with players trying to get a rise out of idiotic football fans. 

To deem that "an embarrassment to your club and the profession" is a pretty embarrassing take in itself tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It just never fails to amaze me when football fans can go to a game and surround themselves with folk giving players dogs abuse for an hour and a half (and in a lot of cases contribute) and yet when a player has the audacity to give it back they get upset over it. 

Baffling this isn’t it, just absolutely guaranteed to make yourself look like an absolutely unhinged loser

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Paton does work hard for the team, but he also strikes me as a bit of an excitable wee dick to be honest.  

Growing up and stopping the bloody nonsense, wouldn't be the worst idea.

Tbf he's really the only one who's got something to play for this season, possible top scorer in the division, which may lead to better offers, so not surprising he celebrates his goals or gets wound up when goals are disallowed. With some (most) of our displays this season being very meh its good to see someone look like they actually care. 

9 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Baffling this isn’t it, just absolutely guaranteed to make yourself look like an absolutely unhinged loser

Meh. I'd say grown men absolutely foaming at the mouth over a footballer celebrating a goal is worse tbh. 

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Paton does work hard for the team, but he also strikes me as a bit of an excitable wee dick to be honest.  

Growing up and stopping the bloody nonsense, wouldn't be the worst idea.

As are a lot of football fans. Like I say, there's nothing more pathetic than football supporters who dish out insults all game getting wound up by a player who gives it back. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As are a lot of football fans. Like I say, there's nothing more pathetic than football supporters who dish out insults all game getting wound up by a player who gives it back. 

Yeah, but I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about his antagonistic persona on the field.  It's not a biggie, but it's a bit stupid.

If he played for Airdrie, or Dunfermline or Edinburgh or whatever, I'd think he was a bit of a dick on the field. He plays for Queens and I still think it.  That's allowed.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm talking about his antagonistic persona on the field.  It's not a biggie, but it's a bit stupid.

If he played for Airdrie, or Dunfermline or Edinburgh or whatever, I'd think he was a bit of a dick on the field. He plays for Queens and I still think it.  That's allowed.

Can't say I've noticed it tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does he display an antagonistic persona on the field, can't say I've noticed it either. Apart from maybe going a bit OTT when scoring, or having goals disallowed or missing scoring chances, I've never seen him get overly involved with opposition players or trying to wind them up, if anything he sometimes appears too quiet. Winding up the opposition fans is allowed of course. 

59 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Does he display an antagonistic persona on the field, can't say I've noticed it either. Apart from maybe going a bit OTT when scoring, or having goals disallowed or missing scoring chances, I've never seen him get overly involved with opposition players or trying to wind them up, if anything he sometimes appears too quiet. Winding up the opposition fans is allowed of course. 

He absolutely winds opponents up.  He was at it quite a bit in the Airdrie game.

I know his game depends a bit on being an 'in your face' nuisance of a player, but he's too willing to get involved in nonsense from my viewpoint.

As I said, I don't think this is a big deal - he's not running around like Robbie Savage did.  However, given that his antics came up in discussion, I thought I'd add my take.  

Nothing wrong with a wee bit of winding up the opposition now and then, adds a bit of spice - within reason of course, and provided it's not detracting from the player's performance.  A certain Lee Robinson for example ...?

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Nothing wrong with a wee bit of winding up the opposition now and then, adds a bit of spice - within reason of course, and provided it's not detracting from the player's performance.  A certain Lee Robinson for example ...?

Maybe it does - who knows?

Perhaps he'd display more composure in front of goal at times, if he was a little calmer during games.

I'm not really suggesting that it's costing us, but we can't be sure it's helping either.  I just think it's a bit unnecessary and I know it would be irritating in an opposition player.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe it does - who knows?

Perhaps he'd display more composure in front of goal at times, if he was a little calmer during games.

I'm not really suggesting that it's costing us, but we can't be sure it's helping either.  I just think it's a bit unnecessary and I know it would be irritating in an opposition player.

True, but we don't want the game to be too dull and sanitised either.  We've always had a few gallus characters in the game up here who weren't shy at winding up the opposition - I'm thinking of wee Jinky Johnstone who apparently constantly wound up the defenders he was facing, a certain Mr Souness, Andy "The Goalie" Goram (remember his antics with the Dons fans at Palmy in a cup tie) etc etc etc.  The fans loved it.

14 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

True, but we don't want the game to be too dull and sanitised either.  We've always had a few gallus characters in the game up here who weren't shy at winding up the opposition - I'm thinking of wee Jinky Johnstone who apparently constantly wound up the defenders he was facing, a certain Mr Souness, Andy "The Goalie" Goram (remember his antics with the Dons fans at Palmy in a cup tie) etc etc etc.  The fans loved it.

All dicks.

One of these games i felt we should have perhaps won certainly on our first half display and similar to game on new years eve , two poor.ish team that with lose more than they.ll win from now until May..

Slight improvements here and there with Parry having one of his better games...

Draw probably just about fair as Queens looked different team 2nd half and we dropped back longer game went on...

Queens No7 to be fair didnt get anymore shouts than Bartley for not instructioning his team to get the ball out when Rennie was clearly in bothet but perhaps he was preparing himself for Clyde1 during the week, Poor show...

Were defo goin down this season one way or the other,Feeling you lads might be joining us in 2 seasons time unless you improve as us,peterhead and Queens 3 weaklinks of league..

Foreva n eva