Bully Wee vs Doonhamers at NDP

56 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Was disallowed for a hand ball. I thought it looked like one where I was sitting but the referee also blew for it about 15 minutes before the ball was put in the net which I found quite amusing!

He certainly blew for it before the shot was taken. He also blew for it a fair bit after it supposedly hit Paton's arm. I assumed he was blowing for a FK/penalty to us tbh. Would like to see it back but I didn't think it was handball at the time. I fully expect it not to have been a handball to add to the list of fantastically stupid decisions that ref gave today. For both sides I'll add. 

Having him on ignore I forgot how depressing our local dafty is. Clearly missed Bartley shouting instructions for the entire game. 

Hopefully next season I'll be absolutely furious with the decision above at the game but I couldn't even muster it today. Even if we had scored it'd have counted for very little in the grand scheme of things. I thought a point was a fair reflection overall tbh. Which is pretty depressing given Clyde were playing for a draw from the equaliser and didn't really look like they were going to fail in that mission. 

A lot of meh again. Thought Cochrane was our best player again. A few stray passes but always looking and trying. Todd was ok nearer the end but a really poor first half. A lot more failures than passes, sadly. 

37 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Failing to beat a team who have only amassed 14 points from 27 games (before today) is truly depressing even by our incredibly low standards.

Just as in the Kelty game I thought MB's substitutions were awful - Logan and Cochrane both doing well at least comparatively speaking and hooked with "Bombscare McKay" inexplicably one of the replacements. While we had 2/3 decent half chances apart from our goal Clyde had at least as many decent openings as we had and thankfully 3 of their best chances were skied over the bar from dangerous positions. Most Queens' fans have been lamenting the prolonged absence of Wilson. He shakes off the injury (at least for now), plays in a very good Reserve Team win and then is left sitting on the bench when we were crying out for somebody who could potentially "make a difference".

Think Wilson could be going the same way as Reilly. No idea why McGrory got the nod ahead of him today. Loved Big Wilson for us but given his injury record it's hard to be too gutted if he is negotiated from his contract next year. That said, I'd absolutely want him to stay and feature. 

58 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Failing to beat a team who have only amassed 14 points from 27 games (before today) is truly depressing even by our incredibly low standards.

Just as in the Kelty game I thought MB's substitutions were awful - Logan and Cochrane both doing well at least comparatively speaking and hooked with "Bombscare McKay" inexplicably one of the replacements. While we had 2/3 decent half chances apart from our goal Clyde had at least as many decent openings as we had and thankfully 3 of their best chances were skied over the bar from dangerous positions. Most Queens' fans have been lamenting the prolonged absence of Wilson. He shakes off the injury (at least for now), plays in a very good Reserve Team win and then is left sitting on the bench when we were crying out for somebody who could potentially "make a difference".

Thought Cochrane was poor today, but he was just one underperformer in a team littered with them, 1st half anyway. It shows how poor we were when Conor Murray didn't look out of place. And I thought McKay looked solid enough when he came on. Maybe Bartley has already explained the Wilson situation, him not getting games, and I missed it but it would be nice if the situation was clarified, is he not fit or just not wanted. I hope Bartley isn't stubborn enough to leave out a good player just to prove he's the boss. 

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe Bartley has already explained the Wilson situation, him not getting games, and I missed it but it would be nice if the situation was clarified, is he not fit or just not wanted. I hope Bartley isn't stubborn enough to leave out a good player just to prove he's the boss. 

Just posted pretty much the exact same on the tea, thread.

Bartley said Wilson is fit and in no pain, but hasn't reached the level of fitness Bartley wants and therefore isn't being selected on tat basis.  Madness.  Even if he wouldn't last the 90 it's cutting your nose off to spite your face not to give him any playing time whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Thought Cochrane was poor today, but he was just one underperformer in a team littered with them, 1st half anyway. It shows how poor we were when Conor Murray didn't look out of place. And I thought McKay looked solid enough when he came on. Maybe Bartley has already explained the Wilson situation, him not getting games, and I missed it but it would be nice if the situation was clarified, is he not fit or just not wanted. I hope Bartley isn't stubborn enough to leave out a good player just to prove he's the boss. 

Let’s put it this way - there are a lot more candidates than Wilson for the “cold shoulder treatment”. His injury record is truly depressing but it is hard to deny that when he does play he invariably performs to a high standard. 

I have to be honest and say that “solid” is not a word I would ever associate with Dave McKay but everybody sees things differently.

Very disappointed with the lack of progress and we are now definitely consigned to facing 8 meaningless games after today.

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Just posted pretty much the exact same on the tea, thread.

Bartley said Wilson is fit and in no pain, but hasn't reached the level of fitness Bartley wants and therefore isn't being selected on tat basis.  Madness.  Even if he wouldn't last the 90 it's cutting your nose off to spite your face not to give him any playing time whatsoever.

Totally agree - poor decision making. It is all very well coming out with these “lofty standards” if the rest of the squad were really delivering and keeping Wilson out of the team on merit. Nothing could be further from the truth - yet another truly underwhelming performance against a struggling team low on confidence. Tactics and substitutions leaving a lot to be desired but yet again players not delivering for the umpteenth time.

Some other of observations about today: where can I make a contribution to buy Clyde another football, it seems they only have one: the Clyde no. 9 comes across as a bit of a dick, should have had two yellows, and the main stand side linesman apparently doesn't know that if he flags for offside the free-kick shouldn't be taken in the oppositions half. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

the main stand side linesman apparently doesn't know that if he flags for offside the free-kick shouldn't be taken in the oppositions half. 

Do you commentate for the BBC?

42 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Totally agree - poor decision making. It is all very well coming out with these “lofty standards” if the rest of the squad were really delivering and keeping Wilson out of the team on merit. Nothing could be further from the truth - yet another truly underwhelming performance against a struggling team low on confidence. Tactics and substitutions leaving a lot to be desired but yet again players not delivering for the umpteenth time.

Personally I would play Wilson and Connolly from the start next week and replace Murray and rest Mckechnie. 
beyond that our pool is so low on quality not much else Marv can do. Disappointing that so called pros don’t have the self respect and motivation to give their all for the fans or to win a contract. I’ve no love for any of these players and if Mr Bartley would like to get rid of 90 percent of these underperformers I would trust his judgement. Given lack of talent and injury proneness I would only keep ( if possible ) Dabrowski, Logan, Brydon, Gibson, Cochrane, Paton and Connolly. Rest can sling their hook. Wilson is a maybe but too injury prone. I accept some are loans and some contracted but just my view

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Some other of observations about today: where can I make a contribution to buy Clyde another football, it seems they only have one: the Clyde no. 9 comes across as a bit of a dick, should have had two yellows, and the main stand side linesman apparently doesn't know that if he flags for offside the free-kick shouldn't be taken in the oppositions half. 

Some of my observations from today: QOS fans are unwilling/unable to sing, preferring instead to bang a drum and whirl one of those Victorian era clackers...how quaint.

Our No.9 may come across as a bit of a dick but there is no doubt about your No.7 - he's 100% a dick and an absolute embarrassment to your club and his profession. The main stand linesman was a joke though, that much we can agree on. The referee was also an absolute bell end. One of those who wants to make it all about him. He wasn't biased...just shite.

Edited by RutherGlen

23 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Our No.9 may come across as a bit of a dick but there is no doubt about your No.7 - he's 100% a dick and an absolute embarrassment to your club and his profession. 

Two games in a row he's got the opposition rattled. Delicious. I will miss that when he goes. 

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Two games in a row he's got the opposition rattled. Delicious. I will miss that when he goes. 

He was giving it to the Clyde fans after the equaliser. Odd little man to get so excited about levelling against an utter gang like us.

What was delicious was his tantrum after the disallowed goal, lovely stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The relevance escapes me. 

There have been a couple of recent instances of BBC commentators not knowing the offside rule; the other week James McFadden had an argument with one of them on the Friday night game trying to explain the fact it changed years ago.

When a player is offside, the freekick is awarded where he touches the ball, not where he is offside. Therefore, it is absolutely possible for a player to concede a freekick for offside in his own half. 

Edited by David W

4 hours ago, David W said:

Not a fan at all but those three were better than Rennie, Cunningham and Hynes today. Docherty's best game as well, though I doubt he'll ever score a goal. Sula, Parry our best. 

Rennie was very disappointing today and agree on Cunningham too, not sure Hynes was that bad really?

Scullion had a very good first half and seemed on a mission to make amends from last week, he may have been at fault for the goal again though (not sure) and certainly had a poorer second half. Ewan Cameron offered absolutely nothing again.

What did you see in Docherty’s performance today? I’m not convinced on him at all.

Impressed by Salkeld’s effort, he was a one man midfield for us at times in the second half.

Not sure what Duffy says at half time but both today and the Edinburgh game recently the drop off in performance in second half has been alarming.

21 minutes ago, David W said:

There have been a couple of recent instances of BBC commentators not knowing the offside rule; the other week James McFadden had an argument with one of them on the Friday night game trying to explain the fact it changed years ago.

When a player is offside, the freekick is awarded where he touches the ball, not where he is offside. Therefore, it is absolutely possible for a player to concede a freekick for offside in his own half. 

Oh well, I've learned something today so it's not been entirely wasted. 

57 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

He was giving it to the Clyde fans after the equaliser. Odd little man to get so excited about levelling against an utter gang like us.

What was delicious was his tantrum after the disallowed goal, lovely stuff. 

At least it didn't upset some sections of your support...