Hibernian v Rangers

2 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Hibs were shite tonight, lucky to get away with 4-1. 

i would rather lose 4-1 every week than be a part of a support who sing songs about people dying, being up to your knees in ****** blood, fucking the pope and the rest of their nasty bigoted songbook. Singing the Billy Boys while we pay tribute to our late chairman? What sort of fucked up mind do you have that makes you act like that? Fucking scum the lot of them. 

I don't disagree. Our away support seems to be the distilled essence of the worst bellends possible. 

I loath anyone who tries to disrupt a memorial like this. Pure and simple Childish idiocy. 

2 hours ago, Aldonis said:

I’m not a bigot but following bigotry is not an excuse 

I support a football team, nothing else. It doesn't dictate my politics, values or anything else about me, because I'm an adult with a brain. 

Anyone who thinks their team "represents their culture" is a dangerous moron. 

18 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

I don't treat them as a homogeneous group. They're all individuals. 

I'm related to a few and they're decent people. Enjoy the banter, especially now. 

Played 5s with a few, one of whom was a bellend. Still thought it was the 60s, despite being born in 1970. Was definitely a 90 minute bigot. 

Not sure what you're looking for. Does that answer your question? 

Yes and you are clearly telling lies.  Take care renfrewblue. 

6 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

I don't treat them as a homogeneous group. They're all individuals. 

I'm related to a few and they're decent people. Enjoy the banter, especially now. 

Played 5s with a few, one of whom was a bellend. Still thought it was the 60s, despite being born in 1970. Was definitely a 90 minute bigot. 

Not sure what you're looking for. Does that answer your question? 

Not sure I like this pile on on you. FWIW Rangers were good last night and Hibs were terrible. What did we learn except for that the team with 10 times the budget of Hibs usually will win. The same ruling applied at Parkhead last night. 

But nil by mouth said it :lol:

Im sure that nil by mouth, in their role as trying to eradicate sectarianism in the west of Scotland, wouldn’t dream of applying their zero tolerance approach to absolutely every word that could be perceived offensive, particularly to create an image of being even handed.

Because they know that it certainly wouldn’t be the case that their efforts would be rendered useless if they stated **** was not sectarian, even if it was true, because the overgrown children would perceive it be them ‘taking a side’. 

That definitely wouldn’t happen. 

I watched this game and the **** behaviour during the memorial was an utter disgrace. No excuse for it whatsoever. I will never understand how the ‘decent’ rangers fans don’t cringe themselves into a ball of shame at the overall image of their club. 

Edited by Dons_1988

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes and you are clearly telling lies.  Take care renfrewblue. 

I’m the last person who would normally jump in to defend a Rangers fan however he has given you a perfectly reasonable answer to a question posed and you have decided you just don’t like it and call him a liar with no real evidence to the contrary other than the fact he supports a certain team.

It’s a flawed argument which applied in a different scenario outwith football would see you labelled as a bigot. 

On 06/03/2023 at 20:16, kingjoey said:

Hibs should have come out and said that, due to the club they are playing on Wednesday night, they were going to hold the tribute to Ron Gordon at their next home match. 

I don’t agree, decent supporters shouldn’t be pandering to either half of the bigot brothers just because they will ruin a tribute and it shows them up for what they are. I’m glad the Hibs out sang them and gave an impressive display on how to support a man who did a lot for the club, none of these wee Fannie’s will get a tribute like that- if they’re lucky they’ll get a sprayed on bed sheet draped over a motorway railing next to where they loved to spray paint. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I will never understand how the ‘decent’ rangers fans don’t cringe themselves into a ball of shame at the overall image of their club. 

Probably because there are so few of them they are scared to say anything for fear of getting an absolute kicking.

I did find it sad and disrespectful to say the least.

There seemed to be a campaign from a few social media accounts yesterday to pre-emptively justify any disruption by highlighting videos of some Hibs fans mocking The Queen's death and singing about Goram, Walter Smith and Jimmy Bell recently.

Firstly, The Queen instance is a false-equivalence despite what many may think.

Secondly, if those that attended last night and disrupted the memorial were enraged by the songs about the deaths of Goram, Smith and Bell then they've lost any moral high ground and have rendered themselves a hypocrite by acting in a way they deemed abhorrent when the circumstances were reversed.

12 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You enjoy all that bigoted shite, do you? 

Considering we had to look at a display relating to the phrase “Out of the ashes rose the Provisionals” a couple of weeks ago, bearing in mind what had just happened, then yeah I don’t really give it much thought.

13 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Hibs were shite tonight, lucky to get away with 4-1. 

i would rather lose 4-1 every week than be a part of a support who sing songs about people dying, being up to your knees in ****** blood, fucking the pope and the rest of their nasty bigoted songbook. Singing the Billy Boys while we pay tribute to our late chairman? What sort of fucked up mind do you have that makes you act like that? Fucking scum the lot of them. 

Course you would. Did you say anything to your fans a few months ago? Course not.

3 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Considering we had to look at a display relating to the phrase “Out of the ashes rose the Provisionals” a couple of weeks ago, bearing in mind what had just happened, then yeah I don’t really give it much thought.

What a fucking walloper 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

How Robertson missed the penalty initially I don’t know. His position was perfect for it.

He missed a lunge from Raskin that I thought was a stick on booking as well. 

Because he correctly saw that Kent slipped and put his foot on Egan-Riley's leg to make contact, I'd imagine.

That Raskin challenge could easily have been a red and probably would have been if a Hibs player had done it at Ibrox.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

What a fucking walloper 

Explain? The GB display was the Phoenix rising from the ashes, it’s a well known part of Republican terrorist imagery. 

So when our fans have to look at that one week, do I mind when our fans sing Courtroom or Night We Burned Ardoyne the next? Absolutely not.

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Explain? The GB display was the Phoenix rising from the ashes, it’s a well known part of Republican terrorist imagery. 

So when our fans have to look at that one week, do I mind when our fans sing Courtroom or Night We Burned Ardoyne the next? Absolutely not.

What sort of fucking logic is this

8 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What a fucking walloper 

11 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

So the answer to the idiocy of some daft wee boys and some deeply sad 20 somethings (the Green Brigade) on their Student Grant politics kick is to respond to it with more simpleton idiocy? 

Now I realise why I could never have supported Celtic or Rangers.

25 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Course you would. Did you say anything to your fans a few months ago? Course not.

I wasn’t at that game, but I have had words with Hibs fans who have previously shouted racist and sectarian insults (including one wee tube earlier this season who thought ****** was acceptable to say as we were playing Celtic, seemingly unaware of our own club’s origins).