Greenock Morton 0 ⚪️🔵Vs Partick Thistle 0 🔴🟡 - 11 March

Final match up of the regular season awaits. Home side winning on each previous occasion.

Morton benefitted from a return to Cappieliw after a run of away games. Decent point at Stenny today vs the QP.

Doolan has reinvigorated Thistle after the end of the McCall mk 2.0 era. 7 out of 9 points on the road then an easy romp versus Raith today.

Both sides will be looking to win but not sure how that will pan out. 

Morton play Ayr midweek, so oerfornance could be influenced by how that goes. 

No easy games at Scapa at the moment so hoping for a narrow Thistle win.

Edited by jagfox

I could see a score draw with around 7-9 yellow cards. That’s is my swift prediction. Our only advantage being that you lot have a mid week game, which will hopefully create some tired legs. Unlikely that this would show much in an Imrie side who are always going to give it their all regardless though. Should be an interesting feisty game and I would expect a good crowd. Especially if it’s dry (unlikely in Greenock) I think we’ll take around 800-1000 hopefully for a Big Crunch match. Whoever can nick a win might just be the titles dark horses 👀

2 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I could see a score draw with around 7-9 yellow cards. That’s is my swift prediction. Our only advantage being that you lot have a mid week game, which will hopefully create some tired legs. Unlikely that this would show much in an Imrie side who are always going to give it their all regardless though. Should be an interesting feisty game and I would expect a good crowd. Especially if it’s dry (unlikely in Greenock) I think we’ll take around 800-1000 hopefully for a Big Crunch match. Whoever can nick a win might just be the titles dark horses 👀

Be great to see a healthy travelling support this season, think they most we have had from a visiting team is just under 500 from you lot in November.

Won't get much chat on this from Morton fans until tomorrow night is out the way.

5 minutes ago, madton said:

Be great to see a healthy travelling support this season, think they most we have had from a visiting team is just under 500 from you lot in November.

Won't get much chat on this from Morton fans until tomorrow night is out the way.

I would personally be disappointed with anything under 800 certainly with what’s at stake. Fair enough, understandably just as big a game.

17 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I would personally be disappointed with anything under 800 certainly with what’s at stake. Fair enough, understandably just as big a game.

That’s a hell of an away support. Fair play to you if it happens. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

I think the cost of living is definitely affecting most teams away support this season. I would be pleasantly surprised if we bring near a thousand on Saturday albeit it is obviously a big game. 

19 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

I certainly think it should be possible. Possibly weather dependent as well. We have took similar/more numbers up to stenny to play QP on both occasions this season which isint a great distance further from Glasgow in the opposite direction. 

Edited by Doolan9

19 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

No it's not. Over the years Partick have brought that as a minimum. I'd expect, given both teams league position's*, they'll bring at least, if not more than, that with ease.

*subject to tonight's result.

Edited by RigaTONi