Rock vs Birdie

I was up Whinny Hill and Kinnour Hill this morning and though boggy from previous rain, it never rained once. Only seen a light drizzle since getting back to G83. The game should definitely be on.

It'll be a makeshift side again. Hopefully see Ross McLean up front again after his good showing against Stirling. Definitely offers more than his namesake up there.

Probably see the same XI starting that did on Saturday, which is really the best we can field right now so fair enough.

Forfar have had 2 wins, a loss and 4 draws in their last 7 matches, whilst we've had 3 losses, 3 wins and a draw, so neither team is sparklingly consistent.

Every point in this division is a battle and League Two has the fewest points between the top and bottom side of any of the 4 leagues, with even 10th placed Rovers having 30 points, which is more than the bottom sides in all 3 leagues above. It's as tight as I can remember this division being and every side has a chance against every other. There are still enough points available that the likes of Stenhousemuir, East Fife or Annan could snatch the title if they put together a winning streak and Sons and Stirling collapsed, however the early season points generated by both ourselves and Albion, plus the respective way each of the aforementioned season's have gone thus far would make that highly unlikely, whether mathematically possible or not.

Whichever team grinds out the most results will take the trophy and I expect it to be a slog from hereon in until the trophy is handed out.

That bench is really the epitome of bare bones. The 2nd choice keeper, a half fit Ryan Wallace, Edin Lynch who was injured long term and even after recovering hasn't been able to force his way into the team other than a few recent sub appearances during an injury crisis, and a teenage midfielder who's played a handful of first team minutes since being moved up from the youths. Getting no joy with injuries lately.

3 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I would’ve kept Ross MacL up front and brought in Lynch at right mid instead of shunting Ross to right mid and bringing in Rusty to start.

Bit of a task to stick a central defender at right mid. Maybe him in the middle with Love wide or a start for young Vata would have been my preference as I don't love what I've seen from big McLean since he joined.