Rock vs Birdie

I was out about 10:00. It was 1 degree. No chance the pitch was defrosting if it was still only 1 degree at 10:00.

There's a strip of the pitch that we always struggle with. Only real options are to move the pitch further out from the stand and towards the houses to try and give the whole pitch the chance to get some sunshine or to switch to 3g. 3g is expensive and moving the pitch out might not be practical.

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Not sure there is much scope to move park in any more than we have already done?? Agree funding for Astro a bit ambitious .

as disappointing as it’s has been we just need to live with it 

I doubt if we could move it enough. If it was possible then its something we should look at, but I doubt if we could move the park far enough.

What is the "damage" to the expensive covers we already have and when and how did it happen? Additionally, can it be fixed?

Just seems convenient to me that the covers we have aren't fit to be used when our groundsman barely turns up on a matchday...

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What is the "damage" to the expensive covers we already have and when and how did it happen? Additionally, can it be fixed?

Just seems convenient to me that the covers we have aren't fit to be used when our groundsman barely turns up on a matchday...

The club bought them 2nd hand many moons ago and they have lay there getting battered by the weather for at least 10 years. The last time I used them was for a scenario very similar to last Tuesday night. I doubled them up and put them down along the stand side as that's the only bit I was worried about. We left them down until the last minute. Unfortunately when we lifted them the frost had got into one of the joins and we had a small patch that was frozen. Ref didn't even give us a chance to work on it, just called it off and disappeared, to say I was pissed off is putting it mildly. Total jobsworth. Back to the covers I wouldn't trust them to do a full pitch but doubling or trebling them over you could defo do part of it. 

3 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

The club bought them 2nd hand many moons ago and they have lay there getting battered by the weather for at least 10 years. The last time I used them was for a scenario very similar to last Tuesday night. I doubled them up and put them down along the stand side as that's the only bit I was worried about. We left them down until the last minute. Unfortunately when we lifted them the frost had got into one of the joins and we had a small patch that was frozen. Ref didn't even give us a chance to work on it, just called it off and disappeared, to say I was pissed off is putting it mildly. Total jobsworth. Back to the covers I wouldn't trust them to do a full pitch but doubling or trebling them over you could defo do part of it. 

That was my thought, if it's only one section of the park then surely the covers could've been utilised in some way or another to give Tuesday a chance at least - I concede last nights frost would probably have put today off anyway. I suspect that it's a lack of will rather than faulty covers being the issue here.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I suspect that it's a lack of will rather than faulty covers being the issue here.

It has to be, without dragging this back to Tuesday's debacle it's not because of equipment that someone couldn't wander about on the stand side part of the pitch and then pick up the phone to the league/ref. 

• 2 weeks later...

This and Stenny are must wins IMO. I’d expect Stirling to take maximum points from the Elgin double-header (though I’ve put a word in with an acquaintance) and we have a tough game at Annan afterwards.

Edited by FifeSons

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

This and Stenny are must wins IMO. I’d expect Stirling to take maximum points from the Elgin double-header (though I’ve put a word in with an acquaintance) and we have a tough game at Annan afterwards.

Dunno. Elgin's recent form has been poor, but Hester has been a thorn in our side every time we've played them.

This falls into a must win category.A very tall order given our injury situation.We will set up ultra defensive to try and snatch a goal on the break but really I cant see us having many chances.Forfar have gone ff the boil a bit but are still very hard to beat.A draw might be possible but wouldbnt be of much use to us. 

What we really need is a ref that gives us everything to keep the title race alive.