Daisy Jones and The Six

capt_oats

Watched the first 3 episodes that 'dropped' on Amazon last night and had a lot more fun than I expected.

Based on Taylor Jenkins Reid's book it hits every 70s rock band trope you can imagine. The premise is that it's the story of the rise and fall of their rise and fall of a fictional band told by each member of the band years after the fact.

There's a bit of Almost Famous, a bit of The Last Waltz and if you've any interest in watching a fictionalised story about a made-up Fleetwood Mac-style band then so far it's been a pretty good hang.

On 06/03/2023 at 10:19, Craig fae the Vale said:

Absolutely loved the book so very much looking forward to watching this. Hoping they can do the music justice compared to what it sounded like in my head when I was reading. Going by the trailer, it sounds like they've done a good job.

The album's up on DSPs just now.

Pleasantly surprised to catch that Matt Sweeney and Cass McCombs have credits on it. Apparently Phoebe Bridgers has some involvement as well.