Stirling Albion V Albion Rovers.

It’ll also be interesting to see if Blair Currie comes back in after his suspension, suspect he will but after doing well in the last game and a half, could Mark Weir keep him out?

We always seem to find Albion Rovers difficult at Forthbank, and they are always a team that I respect, whether under Reid, Harper etc etc they always come with a game plan and are hard to break down, I suspect tomorrow will be no different.

Gotta fancy us, and if we have any real aspirations of challenging or over taking Dumbarton then this is a game we have to be winning.

Key thing here will be to keep charlie Reilly quiet while keeping 11 men on the park. If we can do that I'd fancy us to win this. 

But Albion rovers are a much better side than their league position suggests and always give us a hard game.

You get the feeling that our players really think they can win the league and it's noticeable how strong a bench we have now that most players are fit again. 

17 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Key thing here will be to keep charlie Reilly quiet

Well we definitely didn't manage that part but I still think we deserved the win.

Firstly, an incredibly good goal from Danny Denholm on the volley.  We looked good and had the upper hand.  Then Albion Rovers break upfield from our corner and Reilly produces an excellent finish to get things back level.  Perhaps our players are the only ones in the league who don't realise how good Charlie Reilly is, as we then stood off him in midfield allowing him to run through us and produce another fine finish.

We then grabbed a rather strange equaliser when Carrick prodded home and it seemed to completely wrongfoot the Rovers keeper.

A close range finish following a corner gave us the 3 points we probably deserved.

Rovers are clearly a half decent team and they have one exceptional player.  I can't see them finishing bottom.  They brought a decent support through as well.

Well Charlie Reilly did Charlie Reilly things to us but it wasn't quite enough for a decent AR side to get anything from the game. I thought Stirling were well off the pace today. Wasteful in the middle of the park and not the movement off the ball we've been so good at this season. But it's a good, hard won win mostly thanks to Dale Carrick's opportunism and never say die attitude. 

Not sure what the AR boy did or said to get a straight red from the fussy wee ref but he did his team no favours. We move on to Dumbarton...

Definitely not convincing at the back today, going from another stotter of a strike and a goal up, to 2-1 down from poor defending. Back to 2-2 from Dale and all before half time.  The pleasing thing about this side, is that when things go against them the heads don't go down and they battle. It was a battle too, a tousy scrap of second half that we just edged.

I think the sending off was for an elbow in Kyle's face and that was why it was a straight red rather than a second yellow. I'd need to see it on video from a better angle to be sure about that though.

Dale deserved his MOM award, although that shot at goal that nearly went out for a throw in was something of a comedy classic.

A wobbly win, but 3 points and on to the battle of the football philosophies at Dumbarton.

Get it all the way, right up you Brian Reid!!! He’s done a good job at Albion Rovers, and should be commended for it, but he’s just one big embarrassment at the side of the pitch.

Anyway, good 3 points in a game where we weren’t at our best. All credit to Charlie Reilly, every time I see him I wonder how he would look in a Stirling strip…maybe he’d be kind enough to show us one day.

It’s all been said above, on to Tuesday now!

Some form the lad Reilly is in, he really has been a star for Rovers this season and the real stand out talent in the league. Has he signed a PCA with anyone yet? I know Dundee were trying to snap him up in January but I wasn’t sure if he’d signed a deal with them to join in the summer.

16 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Looks like the red card was for verbals at the ref.

Kyle was between me and the player who collided with him, so I didn't register who it was.. When the ref ran over my sight was focused on Kyle lying there, so when the ref pulled out a straight red I thought it must be for violent contact.  To tell the truth I didn't even clock at the time that the player sent off wasn't the player  that actually collided with Kyle. 

I've no idea what the player said to warrant a straight red for it, but the straight red sure fooled me at the time.

22 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

What's happened to the Albion Rovers fans on here?? Seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

There's still a handful of us.

I didn't make Saturday's game, so had nothing to say about it, However, it does sound like the usual hard luck story that looks like taking us into the Lowland League

The relegation powerjet has not yet been invented that will scrape the Coatbridge roughcast off the gable end of the SPFL, and long may it continue.

Rovers will be fine and would much rather have a club like them in the league than "Spartans", or some diddy made-up podcast team.

The Rovers fans seem mostly to keep to their own company on their own forum these days which is a shame. Still, must head along to Cliftonhill before the end of the season.