The Banter Players

8 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Following on from the highly successful Cult Heroes which followed on from the green dot fest that is the Club Legends we now have your Club Banter Players thread.

A player, famous for being a scally, doing something mental, funny as f**k, took the piss or a rid neck who will long live on in your clubs roll of infamy wither it be good or bad. To put it succinctly ... The Cumdog of your club.

I'll start the ball rolling with David Ferrère, the Frenchman joined us, was subbed on in the second half against Hibs, scored a hat-trick. Did nothing else in his 9 other games. But he flirted with us and made us think we'd unearthed the 2000's equivalent of Mahrez.

Was at that game.  Sure some funny noise was played over the tannoy whenever you boys got a corner.   

Sasa Curcic rocking up to Fir Park saying he didn't need money, and asking to be paid in beautiful women.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why he only hung around for 4 games.

22 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I didn't realise that he just seems to have disappeared from football post-Millwall.  Even viewed from outside, he seemed to have done a great job in Perth, and I assumed he was, at absolute worst, back in Ireland, managing Linfield or Glentoran or someone.

Budding photographer these days.

BBC Radio Newcastle - Matt Bailey, 28/02/2023, Hear from photographer Steve Lomas who managed to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights this week...

A guy called Gibson in the 70s, forget his first name, signed from Thistle one week and came off the bench against them the following week.

Lasted 2 minutes before absolutely lamping an opponent.

Dont think he played again.

Big Derek McDicken, the ginger lorry driver from Auchinleck was a huge cult figure in the 70s, big uncompromising centre half famous for his no nonsense approach and took no prisoners. Absolutely loved the big ugly fucker.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

I didn't realise that he just seems to have disappeared from football post-Millwall.  Even viewed from outside, he seemed to have done a great job in Perth, and I assumed he was, at absolute worst, back in Ireland, managing Linfield or Glentoran or someone.

He sometimes pops up on Sky Sports Northern Ireland coverage on those Mondays when they dont have any English football to show.

I'd put Dolly Menga in here. 

- Scored two goals against Rangers and Hearts

- Spend most of his free time kicking about Livi in a club tracksuit visitng the bookies

- Managed to turn a counter attack against Motherwell into giving away a corner in 10 seconds

- Requested a move to Angola to improve his chances of a national team call up

- Recalled after 6 months, then released in the summer after missing pre-season (and posting numerous videos of him quadbiking along a Belgian street)

- Last seen playing in a charity football match alongside Ronaldinho

*Feels illegal mentioning a player who was already given a shout out in the Cult Heroes thread, but Dolly Menga used to strut about into bookies wearing his full Livi gear. He'd be late for training because he was up all night having spent his entire wages on FIFA Ultimate Team, came back from one break very overweight, and I think eventually he just never showed up after posting photos on his Instagram of him riding quad bikes in France.

We also had a guy called Moses Duckrell, who I can only guess was signed based on his name alone because it definitely wasn't his footballing ability. Think the action that finally got him (and Myles Hippolyte) the bullet was a video on the way to Ibrox laughing about Hippolyte being suspended (because he kicked a Dumbarton player for no apparent reason - probably because he had checked out and didn't fancy playing at Rangers)

*Missed @The Wrong Car's post above, Dolly deserves 2 mentions anyway

Edited by LiviLion

Does Kachloul count, not for anything mad he did himself, he was a good player, but the whole signing as a "business consultant" and the absolute banteristic shitshow that followed with Dunfermline, then Dundee, complaining to try and save themselves from relegation. The Kevin from Dundee radio phone in greetin with rage being one i'll never forget.

25 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

🤣 What was the story behind this?

Think he came off the pitch for treatment, manager told him to get back on and play, so he stopped the game so he could go off? Something like that anyway. Away by "mutual consent" in the same week I'm sure.

Edited by LiviLion

Martin Hugo Prest. Scored a banging hattrick, did nothing else. 

Amick Chiani- danced on a table post challenge cup win.

Edited by Comrie

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Was at that game.  Sure some funny noise was played over the tannoy whenever you boys got a corner.   

We did that too, played the bugle cavalry charge every time we got a corner. Also played Ken Dodd's diddy men song when Celtic came on the pitch at the start of the game, and the A-Team music for our players, that didn't backfire on us at all.

Speaking of which, we used to have a boy that brought a bugle to games, remember up in Aberdeen him playing baa baa black sheep during the game, and when an opposition player was down injured and the physio got called on he played the sound of an ambulance. Sure it was him doing the French national anthem for Brinquin too, our wee French FB the season we got 3rd place in the SPL. 

So who's going to start the next thread on banter fans then?

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

A striker ffs

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1998–2002 Manchester City 2 (0)
2000  Oxford United (loan) 3 (0)
2001  Halifax Town (loan) 7 (0)
2002–2003 Aberdeen 33 (5)
2003–2005 Mossley    
2005–2006 F.C. United of Manchester[1] 5 (0)
International career
1997 England Schoolboys    
  England U18

39 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Does Kachloul count, not for anything mad he did himself, he was a good player, but the whole signing as a "business consultant" and the absolute banteristic shitshow that followed with Dunfermline, then Dundee, complaining to try and save themselves from relegation. The Kevin from Dundee radio phone in greetin with rage being one i'll never forget.

100% NDD.

2 hours ago, Al B said:

Sasa Curcic rocking up to Fir Park saying he didn't need money, and asking to be paid in beautiful women.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why he only hung around for 4 games.

Motherwell exhausted their entire stock of Lanarkshire beautiful women in 4 games?

4 more than I'd have imagined tbh.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We did that too, played the bugle cavalry charge every time we got a corner. Also played Ken Dodd's diddy men song when Celtic came on the pitch at the start of the game, and the A-Team music for our players, that didn't backfire on us at all.

Speaking of which, we used to have a boy that brought a bugle to games, remember up in Aberdeen him playing baa baa black sheep during the game, and when an opposition player was down injured and the physio got called on he played the sound of an ambulance. Sure it was him doing the French national anthem for Brinquin too, our wee French FB the season we got 3rd place in the SPL. 

So who's going to start the next thread on banter fans then?

:lol: :lol: thats brilliant.