The Banter Players

Following on from the highly successful Cult Heroes which followed on from the green dot fest that is the Club Legends we now have your Club Banter Players thread.

A player, famous for being a scally, doing something mental, funny as f**k, took the piss or a rid neck who will long live on in your clubs roll of infamy wither it be good or bad. To put it succinctly ... The Cumdog of your club.

I'll start the ball rolling with David Ferrère, the Frenchman joined us, was subbed on in the second half against Hibs, scored a hat-trick. Did nothing else in his 9 other games. But he flirted with us and made us think we'd unearthed the 2000's equivalent of Mahrez.

Jose Quitongo was a bundle of crazy energy. I think I remember a former Hearts colleague saying Steven Boyack was a bit daft. Phil Stamp was another, I believe.

Was Lee Erwin at Motherwell not a bit of a piss taker? Not that Biel Mohsni appreciated his sense of humour.

F9E2E93F-62C4-402A-9E89-9615E987347B.webp

For us its probably a manager.

Steve Lomas appears halfway through a season and has us 4th headed into split before we lose all 5 games. Something like a 10 game winless run between seasons happens before we beat Celtic. We then turn into the most exciting Saints team ive seen with Tade/Vine/Hasslebaink all strikers will to take people on at pace. 

He brings Tommy Wright and Steven MacLean to the club, and then brings in Mehdi Abeid who remains one of my favourite Saints players despite only playing about 10 times.

We finish 3rd and match our highest ever league finish.

All this combined with constant rumours hes on the pish every weekend in town singing The Sash, and rumours hes been flashing his knob to female staff at the club.

He then jumps ship to Millwall amidst these rumours and vanishes from the managerial scene completely.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Carlos Peña. Turned up with a relatively good pedigree. A hefty fee at £3.5m but only played 14 times for us. Granted he scored 5 goals in that time but it was his off-field issues that grabbed the headlines.

Reports of alcoholism and party lifestyle, turning up to training severely hungover lead to him being moved into the Dakota hotel at euro central and effectively put on a curfew. Mental laddie.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Carlos Peña. Turned up with a relatively good pedigree. A hefty fee at £3.5m but only played 14 times for us. Granted he scored 5 goals in that time but it was his off-field issues that grabbed the headlines.

Reports of alcoholism and party lifestyle, turning up to training severely hungover lead to him being moved into the Dakota hotel at euro central and effectively put on a curfew. Mental laddie.

Yet another Rangers player who seemed to only score against us.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steve Lomas appears halfway through a season and has us 4th headed into split before we lose all 5 games. Something like a 10 game winless run between seasons happens before we beat Celtic. We then turn into the most exciting Saints team ive seen with Tade/Vine/Hasslebaink all strikers will to take people on at pace. 

He brings Tommy Wright and Steven MacLean to the club, and then brings in Mehdi Abeid who remains one of my favourite Saints players despite only playing about 10 times.

All this combined with constant rumours hes on the pish every weekend in town singing The Sash, and rumours hes been flashing his knob to female staff at the club.

He then jumps ship to Millwall amidst these rumours and vanishes from the managerial scene completely

Didn't he also join WAP to regularly say how amazing Steve Lomas was and to slag off Derek McInnes?

Jack Storer.

Signed after our relegation, scored an absolutely incredible goal against Morton and said he wanted to get away from his reputation as a nutter from his time at Birmingham.

He then proceeded to get sent off in three consecutive reserve games, cried when the team were doing some team building thing with the SAS, spent most of his time punting clothes via Instagram and was mutually consented by Christmas. His dad also offered a square go to a parody Gary Caldwell page on twitter.

He’s had 11 clubs in the 4 years since, and seems to be playing in the Gibraltarian league presently. 

Hibs Banter 11:

GK - Stack

DF - Ambrose

DF - Tortolano

DF - Porto

MF - Charnley

MF - Sproule

MF - Boozy

MF - Latapy

FW - Cumdog

FW - Benjie

FW - Malonga

Spoiler

Actually not a bad side, that 🤔

Edited by The Other Foot

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He then jumps ship to Millwall amidst these rumours and vanishes from the managerial scene completely.

I didn't realise that he just seems to have disappeared from football post-Millwall.  Even viewed from outside, he seemed to have done a great job in Perth, and I assumed he was, at absolute worst, back in Ireland, managing Linfield or Glentoran or someone.