Title race

With all due respect, etc… no easy games in this league, etc… Queens Park fairy story a reminder of why we all love the game, etc…  Doolan-era PTFC is unbeaten and unbeatable. We’ll be steamrollering c***s the rest of the season.

Teams at the bottom tend to pick up towards the end of the season. Accies being a prime example, and hence why our win there was so welcome.

After the Ton, we have three, you would think, winnable matches at Fortress Ochilview against Cove, ICT and Arbroath. Two of them are fighting at the bottom (and who knows what ICT are up to), so are they easier games than playing Ayr or Dundee?

We just need to get wins; Morton are a few points back and games are running out. Even a defeat for us on Saturday is not the end of the world. But let's not think like that.

1 hour ago, Duszek said:

With all due respect, etc… no easy games in this league, etc… Queens Park fairy story a reminder of why we all love the game, etc…  Doolan-era PTFC is unbeaten and unbeatable. We’ll be steamrollering c***s the rest of the season.

dont-no.gif

I'm just nowhere near convinced enough that we can turn our form around to what it was before Christmas. 

In our last 8 games since the turn of the year we have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 3. Our league form in the last 5 games has us sitting in 8th place. I don't see how we can miraculously turn that around. 

The only positive I can take from the current situation is that we still only find ourselves 4 points behind top so if we do suddenly stumble upon good form then we are right back in it. 

I said on the Dee thread that we are hitting bad form at exactly the wrong time and this is as a result of having a transfer window that upset the consistency of team selection. Bowyer has done far too much tinkering that now has resulted in him not knowing his best 11 in March. Yes...March. 

Hopefully the last 3 games come as a major wake up call to the manager and players. My pessimism has me thinking that the bad form will just continue and a playoff finish beckons..

3 hours ago, Duszek said:

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Last season Killie signed Kyle Lafferty and Ash Taylor in January to give them the push over the line ................

Remember it well. Wasn't a push though but a dubious arm/hand ball v Ton at Cappielow on BBC Scotand.

So it's likely some ref decisions will impact on who gets to the top.

Need big team Dundee out of it before that happens.

Dear QP win Saturday and it's catch us if you can. Can't see any team winning more than 5 games in last 10 fixtures.

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm just nowhere near convinced enough that we can turn our form around to what it was before Christmas. 

In our last 8 games since the turn of the year we have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 3. Our league form in the last 5 games has us sitting in 8th place. I don't see how we can miraculously turn that around. 

The only positive I can take from the current situation is that we still only find ourselves 4 points behind top so if we do suddenly stumble upon good form then we are right back in it. 

I said on the Dee thread that we are hitting bad form at exactly the wrong time and this is as a result of having a transfer window that upset the consistency of team selection. Bowyer has done far too much tinkering that now has resulted in him not knowing his best 11 in March. Yes...March. 

Hopefully the last 3 games come as a major wake up call to the manager and players. My pessimism has me thinking that the bad form will just continue and a playoff finish beckons..

Mentioned this the other night in the team thread, but the more I've thought about it, the more I'm convinced that fans are overlooking the French injury, and to me it's the obvious reason for the slump. 

We played a 3 at the back more or less persistently throughout our good run. We had a wobble at new year, French got injured in the Scottish Cup match, and I don't think Bowyer has played 3 at the back since. 

If, as it seems apparent, he doesn't appear to believe the 3 can work without French bringing the ball out of defence, then that would explain a lot. Personally I think he's wrong about that, but if that is indeed what's going on in his mind, then it would fit with the form/performance slump, because it really started before we brought most of the January contingent in.

Edited by Boo Khaki