Title race

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

While QP and Dundee squabble amongst themselves we'll just by-pass the both of you to pip across the line in 1st place with a Friday night win up at Inverness for the first time ever.

Thanks 👍

I'd love to see Ayr go up.  A proper old fashioned stadium!  A bit ramshackle in places, but I'd like to think you could use some of that SPL money to spruce it up a bit.

18 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'd love to see Ayr go up.  A proper old fashioned stadium!  A bit ramshackle in places, but I'd like to think you could use some of that SPL money to spruce it up a bit.

That’s already in place , North terrace ( opposite main stand ) is being demolished at end of this season and being replaced with a new stand which will have a standing area at the front and sated area behind along with new offices and hospitality suite included , area will be closed off all next season and reopened in 2024 , below is the way it’s going to look 

1C62EE1A-EBC7-454B-9B92-62A881AFBC29.jpeg

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

That’s already in place , North terrace ( opposite main stand ) is being demolished at end of this season and being replaced with a new stand which will have a standing area at the font and sated area behind along with new offices and hospitality suite included , area will be closed off all next season and reopened in 2024 , below is the way it’s going to look 

Great news. Especially the dual seating/standing design. Club should be making more noise about this. 👏🏻

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Great news. Especially the dual seating/standing design. Club should be making more noise about this. 👏🏻

They had an information night showing  and explaining it to the fans , great thing is the cost is being absorbed by the chairman and will not be effecting any club budgets , think you will see lots of information coming out in press etc when the bulldozers move in early May ,

Edited by Finlay21

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They had an information night showing  and explaining it to the fans , great thing is the cost is being absorbed by the chairman and will not be effecting any club budgets , think you will see lots of information coming out in press etc when the bulldozers move in early May ,

Club giving information nights and lots more info coming?  Who’d have thunk? 

As for the chairman absorbing the costs - are you trying to steal our mantle as the ‘New Gretna’?

Sounds a great development. Well done. 

I think Dundee v QP last day will decide it. QP the best footballing team in the division for me but I think Dundee will be streetwise enough to get it over the line. QP losing Murray will prove pivotal I reckon. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Early May… are we planning to finish fifth!

22 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We’ll have the title and Ayr can go up beating Killie in the playoffs. 

Thank you. 

On 27/03/2023 at 09:35, Finlay21 said:

That’s already in place , North terrace ( opposite main stand ) is being demolished at end of this season and being replaced with a new stand which will have a standing area at the front and sated area behind along with new offices and hospitality suite included , area will be closed off all next season and reopened in 2024 , below is the way it’s going to look 

Looks good. The sort of stand QP should have been building...

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Was quite impressed with the Ayr plans - looks good and modern, but still sympathetic to the current stadium, which I've always been a fan of. Mad that the rules mean that you can factor in terracing, but we're classed as a new stadium so need to go all seater. 

Do you?  There's no SPFL rules that say your stadium needs to be all seater.  Is this a building regulation rather than an SPFL requirement?

I think Ayr (and Arbroath) were lucky to get through that mad phase when we were tearing down historical stadiums and replacing them with soulless, one stand, all seated boxes stuck in the middle of nowhere.

23 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do you?  There's no SPFL rules that say your stadium needs to be all seater.  Is this a building regulation rather than an SPFL requirement?

I think Ayr (and Arbroath) were lucky to get through that mad phase when we were tearing down historical stadiums and replacing them with soulless, one stand, all seated boxes stuck in the middle of nowhere.

There is no building regulation that requires new stadia to be all-seater. I know you require certain licences to be applied for to have safe standing within stadiums (SGSA licence(?)).

As far as building standards are concerned, they would require the appropriate infrastructure is in place i.e fixed barriers and this would be certified by a structural engineer. They obviously have other aspects to consider and approve such as fire safety, access to and within stadiums etc etc...

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

There is no building regulation that requires new stadia to be all-seater. I know you require certain licences to be applied for to have safe standing within stadiums (SGSA licence(?)).

As far as building standards are concerned, they would require the appropriate infrastructure is in place i.e fixed barriers and this would be certified by a structural engineer. They obviously have other aspects to consider and approve such as fire safety, access to and within stadiums etc etc...

And a competent management, capable of not f**king up something as simple as a child’s picnic, let alone building a facility.

The way it was explained to me is that because it is a new stadium we would be allowed to build “safe standing” i.e what they have in English premier league grounds etc but not allowed a more standard “terracing”. 

A existing licensed ground with terracing would be able to add more though. For example when Albion Rovers added that wee terracing behind the goal.