Title race

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Statistics are all well and good until the game actually begins 😆

Yeah but the game only lasts a coupla hours, what are you gonna do for the rest of the week - talk to your family? 

On 24/03/2023 at 23:02, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

QP have to play Partick, Ayr, Morton away from home and then home to Dundee. Can’t see them winning the league! 

Don’t assume Friday night was our new standard. Watch the highlights. More than that though, with our style of play I’m comfortable that in all our games other than Hamilton at home (who we’ve scored 10 goals in 3 games against) we’ll have more space in the opponents half to create chances. All these teams will play to win, not park the bus.

It’s not over ‘til the fat ref blows 3 times.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Don’t assume Friday night was our new standard. Watch the highlights. More than that though, with our style of play I’m comfortable that in all our games other than Hamilton at home (who we’ve scored 10 goals in 3 games against) we’ll have more space in the opponents half to create chances. All these teams will play to win, not park the bus.

It’s not over ‘til the fat ref blows 3 times.

We did win though.  Plus we had more shots on target than Queens Park.  However, I think there is a grain of truth in what you are saying.  We are pretty much set up to harass and bully teams that spend 15 minutes pointlessly passing it between their full backs and centre backs.  Against a team that presses less, you'll do better.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We did win though.  Plus we had more shots on target than Queens Park.  However, I think there is a grain of truth in what you are saying.  We are pretty much set up to harass and bully teams that spend 15 minutes pointlessly passing it between their full backs and centre backs.  Against a team that presses less, you'll do better.

Like I said. Watch the highlights. I hope Arbroath survive but you won’t get that lucky again. 

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Like I said. Watch the highlights. I hope Arbroath survive but you won’t get that lucky again. 

I watched the highlights.  Three times so far.  I was there too.  We rode our luck, but to an extent, we made our own luck.  Queens Park got noticeably more frustrated as the match went on.   They started off with all that slick passing, trying to patiently pry us open, but as the match went on, the passes became longer and more direct, and you were dragged down to our level.  We sucked the football out of that game, and if you look at our recent form, its our style.

19 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Your two best chances came from Ricky Little slipping. We got very lucky with the Banks clearance. That’s it, Adarkwa probably should’ve scored for us too. Other than that we defended well and restricted you to crosses and long range efforts. Hardly lucky, was an organised well drilled performance from us away to the team at the top of the league who took the game to us and threw everything at it. 

Last week was incredibly lucky v Morton. Friday definitely wasn’t 

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Your two best chances came from Ricky Little slipping. We got very lucky with the Banks clearance. That’s it, Adarkwa probably should’ve scored for us too. Other than that we defended well and restricted you to crosses and long range efforts. Hardly lucky, was an organised well drilled performance from us away to the team at the top of the league who took the game to us and threw everything at it. 

Last week was incredibly lucky v Morton. Friday definitely wasn’t 

I didn’t say your performance was lucky. I said you won’t get that lucky again. With a bit of composure in front of goal we could have been three up at half-time. Balls played across the box with no takers. Your keeper had at least two excellent saves and a few more solid ones. One off the bar too. Your team worked hard for it and took the chance so fair play. We’ve plenty to sort out in our camp next week.

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I didn’t say your performance was lucky. I said you won’t get that lucky again. With a bit of composure in front of goal we could have been three up at half-time. Balls played across the box with no takers. Your keeper had at least two excellent saves and a few more solid ones. One off the bar too. Your team worked hard for it and took the chance so fair play. We’ve plenty to sort out in our camp next week.

I’m sorry but I really do not agree. Only  two saves Gaston had to make all game come back to back and only were chances cause Ricky Little slipped. The solid save you mention would’ve been saved by myself, Thomas hit it right at him into his midrift from 25 yards. ToB had an unreal clearance cause he’s a brilliant defender and that’s why he’s got a 5 year deal and Banks clearance was the only real bit of luck we had all 90. 

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

With a bit of composure in front of goal we could have been three up at half-time. Balls played across the box with no takers. 

If we had Harry Kane up front we’d have won the league weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Football doesn't work like that. We dominated Inverness the other week and had a clearly onside goal chopped off. We lost 2 points that day. That's football.

You didn't score any goals. Creating goalscoring chances at home to Arbroath is hardly anything to whip the todger out and give it laldy over.

3 points dropped and you now have difficult away games. If you get through them unscathed then very well done. My prediction would certainly be more dropped points as the luck you've had is unsustainable.

From watching the highlights of your last two games you needed Cove to put one in their own net as they rattled your woodwork twice whilst Inverness missed an easy header to make it 2 - 2.

'Wont get that lucky again'. Indeed.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Football doesn't work like that. We dominated Inverness the other week and had a clearly onside goal chopped off. We lost 2 points that day. That's football.

You didn't score any goals. Creating goalscoring chances at home to Arbroath is hardly anything to whip the todger out and give it laldy over.

3 points dropped and you now have difficult away games. If you get through them unscathed then very well done. My prediction would certainly be more dropped points as the luck you've had is unsustainable.

From watching the highlights of your last two games you needed Cove to put one in their own net as they rattled your woodwork twice whilst Inverness missed an easy header to make it 2 - 2.

'Wont get that lucky again'. Indeed.

Thank you.

Maybe you missed the last two sentences?

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe you missed the last two sentences?

Yes but that ending didn't mask the pish you spouted before. You'll be winning fuckall this season. It'll be back to perma Diddy status starting season 23/24.

Enjoy the last two sentences there.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yes but that ending didn't mask the pish you spouted before. You'll be winning fuckall this season. It'll be back to perma Diddy status starting season 23/24.

Enjoy the last two sentences there.

Thank you.

Lol. 

Harsh but fair.