Title race

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

In the season we went up, the ‘Morten’ season, when Christian Nade scored our winner, was it not goal difference?

No, you were 2 points ahead. I think had you drawn your final game then you’d have been even on goal difference and Accies would’ve gone up on goals scored. 

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No, you were 2 points ahead. I think had you drawn your final game then you’d have been even on goal difference and Accies would’ve gone up on goals scored. 

Ah. The Nade goal put us ahead but as the goals rained at NDP we were shitting it we’d concede an equaliser. 

And Letheren made the save that won us the game and the title. Annoying to me that footage of that is hard to come by other than on DeeTV.

Good times, though I think I'd enjoy a title win this season even more considering the currently adverse circumstances and the form needed to overturn it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And Letheren made the save that won us the game and the title. Annoying to me that footage of that is hard to come by other than on DeeTV.

Good times, though I think I'd enjoy a title win this season even more considering the currently adverse circumstances and the form needed to overturn it.

It’s a fantastic feeling for sure. Not confident it’s happening this season and if it does it’s unlikely to be at Dens. 

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

It’s a fantastic feeling for sure. Not confident it’s happening this season and if it does it’s unlikely to be at Dens. 

A final day match at Ochilview (still up in the air?), against Queen’s Park, with Queen’s up four points, would be the ultimate soul draining exercise.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

A final day match at Ochilview (still up in the air?), against Queen’s Park, with Queen’s up four points, would be the ultimate soul draining exercise.

Being four points up with one game to play would be a rather enjoyable night out.     

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Wouldn’t be many away fans at that match!

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Results from fixtures this weekend in 1985. The Greenock getting pumped by Sellick and Dees pumping Ra Gers. Crowd sizes low by comparison to now. 

image.thumb.png.66ffe52140a552bbb68afa91de2b4a15.png

image.thumb.png.88f24df57b6f0683e4aedace65d19478.png

The Archie Knox era for us. He made a massive difference but fucked off back to Aberdeen after less than 2 seasons. Jocky picked up the baton and did well too. 

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why was there only 9554 at Ibrox?

It really was that they were shit.

This was pre Souness and spending wads. Aberdeen, Utd, Celtic and almost Hearts were at the top of the league.

The glory hunters, or ‘loyal’ fans were all either in the pub or drinking at home and battering their wives.
They definitely DID do walking away then.

Rangers regularly played in front of sub 10,000 crowds at that time unless it was an old firm game, until Souness and Murray’s open wallet arrived.

Scum the lot of them.