Title race

22 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Or alternatively taking even 4 points rather than 0 from two home games against then 9th and 10th in the league at end January/begin February would  have made a huge difference. We'd still be in a title race with those points. 

Dropping 7 points in our three games (two at home) v. Cove and 5 points in our two home games v. Accies is a big part of the problem

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m patiently waiting on TX Rover to create a new splendid spreadsheet relating teams who won the league and their position with 7 games to go. Perhaps also with the top 4 at both times as well?

No pressure. 

None taken, I’ve petitioned 538 to add the Scottish Championship to they Club Soccer (sorry, that’s THEIR name for it) predictions. Otherwise, there are several other statos in better position to provide your data….

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You will still have a better GD so we would really need to make up 2 points by then.

Would say you’ve definitely got the more favourable run in but the championship just throws up mad results so you never know. Looking at your fixtures, Inverness and Morton are the two I’m really looking at potential points being dropped, maybe even Arbroath away but outwith that, there’s some relatively straightforward fixtures (on paper at least) 

Edited by qpfc

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Would say you’ve definitely got the more favourable run in but the championship just throws up mad results so you never know. Looking at your fixtures, Inverness and Morton are the two I’m really looking at potential points being dropped, maybe even Arbroath away but outwith that, there’s some relatively straightforward fixtures (on paper at least) 

Whereas I am looking at your away games vs Morton, Ayr, Thistle and Raith to drop points.

Just looked at the fixtures for the run-in - this really could go down to the wire.

Obviously we need to win our games but hope that QP drop points as well.

DUNDEE

April vs Hamilton (HOME)

8 April vs Arbroath (AWAY)

11 April vs Raith (HOME)

15 April vs Morton (HOME)

22 April vs Inverness (AWAY)

28 April vs Cove (HOME)

5 May vs QP (AWAY)

Toughest for us are probably the away game to Inverness and the home game against Morton.  It might depend if the playoff places are decided by the Inverness game how they play.

One game at a time though - must beat Hamilton next.

QUEENS PARK

24 March vs Arbroath (HOME)

1 April vs Raith (AWAY)

7 April vs Partick (AWAY)

15 April vs Hamilton (HOME)

21 April vs Ayr (AWAY)

29 April vs Morton (AWAY)

5 May vs Dundee (HOME)

Their 4 away games do not look easy - that could be the real decider in this title race.

Everything to play for.

18 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m patiently waiting on TX Rover to create a new splendid spreadsheet relating teams who won the league and their position with 7 games to go. Perhaps also with the top 4 at both times as well?

No pressure. 

No spreadsheet, but using a few figures, I’m projecting:

Queen’s Park - 67

Dundee - 61

Ayr - 57

Morton - 56

Partick - 55

Raith - 48

ICT - 47

Didn’t do the others, as this is the title race thread. I’m truly surprised by both Ayr holding onto third and Partick slipping behind Morton into fifth. It’s hard to compensate for recent form, but that’s how the numbers point when considering remaining matches. It does allow for an amusing last day, with possibilities for something like Dundee winning and catching Queen’s Park…but more likely is QP on 66 or 67 and Dundee on 58 or 60. Partick would be at Raith and favored, but trying to catch Morton playing Cove while being heavily favored, and Ayr facing a big hill as the underdog at ICT.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You will still have a better GD so we would really need to make up 2 points by then.

It's only 5 goals - a 2-0 win when we play them would all but wipe that out.  

7 games to catch up 4 points and 5 goals - doesn't seem as bad as it was on Saturday.  

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Whereas I am looking at your away games vs Morton, Ayr, Thistle and Raith to drop points.

It's a tough shift. I think we'll need all of the four points (and goal difference) come the end of the season to win this.

It's still hard to take it where we are.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Queen’s Park - 67

Dundee - 61

Ayr - 57

Morton - 56

Partick - 55

Raith - 48

ICT - 47

Didn’t do the others, as this is the title race thread. I’m truly surprised by both Ayr holding onto third and Partick slipping behind Morton into fifth. It’s hard to compensate for recent form, but that’s how the numbers point when considering remaining matches. It does allow for an amusing last day, with possibilities for something like Dundee winning and catching Queen’s Park…but more likely is QP on 66 or 67 and Dundee on 58 or 60. Partick would be at Raith and favored, but trying to catch Morton playing Cove while being heavily favored, and Ayr facing a big hill as the underdog at ICT.

ich-nichten-lichten-the-day-today.gif

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Queen’s Park - 67

Dundee - 61

Ayr - 57

Morton - 56

Partick - 55

Raith - 48

ICT - 47

Great stuff TX Rover. I’ll fully endorse it, without understanding why, and if it’s wrong at least we’ll get mocked together😊

Much appreciated.