Title race

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I just don’t see this. Partick are only a point behind us and two points behind Dundee. We’re also only three points ahead of Morton. I think QP will win it without Dundee having the best chance of catching them but it isn’t a foregone conclusion that we finish top four. 

Dundee and Ayr both have a game in hand, that helps. The top five have all been wildly inconsistent recently, so anything can happen, but it just feels like Dundee have enough to shithouse their way to second or third and Ayr look slight more consistent than Partick to me right now. Could I be wrong, oh hell yes, but thats the feeling I get. Partick had a chance to grab the bull by the horns today and failed to step up. Morton, I don’t know what to make of them.

I think queen's park have clinched it today and it would take a spectacular implosion of self belief or a major sickness bug to stop them from getting automatically promoted

For their fans who have stuck by their club in the lower leagues this explosion of funding in recent years and influx of new fans that go with success is truly exciting times. Enjoy it lads and lasses.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Dundee and Ayr both have a game in hand, that helps. The top five have all been wildly inconsistent recently, so anything can happen, but it just feels like Dundee have enough to shithouse their way to second or third and Ayr look slight more consistent than Partick to me right now. Could I be wrong, oh hell yes, but thats the feeling I get. Partick had a chance to grab the bull by the horns today and failed to step up. Morton, I don’t know what to make of them.

Ayr's game in hand is against Dundee. Plenty of time for things to change but since Doolan came in we're unbeaten in 6 and the form team in the league in that period. I think second is a stretch for us now but would expect us to get to 3rd.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The result on Tuesday will define if there is to be a title race any longer.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Draw and it's all over I'd say. 

Agreed the winner of Tuesday will be the main challengers to QP. Draw and it's over. 

A win for either side would certainly put the shitters up Queens Park. Dundee could get within four points and they have a straightforward run in when you look at it. 

Ayr are hugely inconsistent and we could just as easily fall apart as we could go on a great run of results. Thistle away will be a classic big away support/big letdown scenario for Ayr fans. 

Would be typical Dundee to actually shock the life out of the fans, go on a run, haul it back to within touching distance, then play like utter shite on the final day and lose when a draw would have secured the title or something. No doubt followed by a pumping off the Tangerine lot in the playoffs :whistle

36 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Would be typical Dundee to actually shock the life out of the fans, go on a run, haul it back to within touching distance, then play like utter shite on the final day and lose when a draw would have secured the title or something. No doubt followed by a pumping off the Tangerine lot in the playoffs :whistle

Actually, it would be typical Dundee if the league scenario happened but then we barely squeaked through the play-offs to get promoted... and then get relegated next season.

Considering Dundee seem capable of only beating cove and ourselves, I very much doubt an insane run of form is beckoning. That’s not to say they won’t win it but they’re severely under pressure. These perceived “easier” fixtures are game they’ve messed up plenty of times this season 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Actually, it would be typical Dundee if the league scenario happened but then we barely squeaked through the play-offs to get promoted... and then get relegated next season.

And then do it all again. 

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Considering Dundee seem capable of only beating cove and ourselves, I very much doubt an insane run of form is beckoning. That’s not to say they won’t win it but they’re severely under pressure. These perceived “easier” fixtures are game they’ve messed up plenty of times this season 

Aye. To win this league we really needed to continue the run of form we went on through November and December, unfortunately for us it's regressed back to the W/D/L lottery of the early part of the season. There was a two month period where we'd hit upon a formation and setup that was working, and while Bowyer inexplicably moved away from that a while ago, it seems that was just a burst of form rather than a team really moving up a gear and finding it's true level.

As much as the bottom part of the Premiership is complete keek, I can't see us going up via the playoffs either, because you also need to be in settled, consistent form to achieve that and I can't see us putting together a stretch of 4 or 6 games without a couple of horror showings. Maybe if there is a big turnaround between now and May, but I can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Absolutely, our form of late has been nothing short of utter shite....

Screenshot_20230318_171809_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0d5bb84b3656b65c346852246609f67b.jpg

More in depth look…the constant is Queen’s Park…Dundee look f**ked…If Partick are over their burp, they can move up…Ayr and Morton and Raith are terribly inconsistent, so not so much a threat…the Accies look to have peaked and are falling…Inverness are showing mid-table form…Arbroath’s latest better play isn’t reflected in moving up…Cove, oh well.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b447a7763181d3d7f3e517a90573df0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26bcba5dcfe28e71ae2b26cf43bf8fc8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.af5c8774687a6840db955b50db0d6c5b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b2649c8223aa40c19fc268c9fb22cb9.jpeg

I think only Dundee can catch QP now. Even if Ayr beat Dundee on Tuesday they still need to win almost all of their remaining games and hope someone else does them a favour by beating QP. Ayr's form is far too patchy for that, though I'd obviously love to be proved wrong. Dundee to beat Ayr on Tuesday to kill off any faint hopes we have, leaving us to battle out 3-5 with Partick and Morton.