Title race

I feel we out the race to win the title, not sure we were ever in it.

But Ayr weren't that good, so confident we can make the playoffs as 3rd or 4th placed.

As many have said each team will have a bad night just don't have it against the potential champions.

Having recently seen all four I would say PT and Queens are the best teams, fuxk knows how we took 7 pts from Queens PK.

The prizes really are first and second. Third is an outside chance of winning the playoff, only Livi spring to mind as being successful via that route?

4th place has never even won the 3rd/4th playoff round, so statistically an unlikely path to promotion.

QP and the Dee would still be my pick at this stage. Arbroath managed to blow a lead last season, letting KFC win on the last day. There is the potential for a similar scenario with those two meeting on the final Friday of the regular season.

I see it going:

1st Dundee

2nd QP

3rd Thistle

4th Morton.

19 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The prizes really are first and second. Third is an outside chance of winning the playoff, only Livi spring to mind as being successful via that route?

4th place has never even won the 3rd/4th playoff round, so statistically an unlikely path to promotion.

QP and the Dee would still be my pick at this stage. Arbroath managed to blow a lead last season, letting KFC win on the last day. There is the potential for a similar scenario with those two meeting on the final Friday of the regular season.

I see it going:

1st Dundee

2nd QP

3rd Thistle

4th Morton.

Did Livi not finish 2nd? 

There have been 8 seasons of the Premiership playoffs under current format. 

2nd place team leads 3rd place team 5-3 in getting to finals, and the Premiership team leads the championship team 5-3 as well, with all 3 championship teams that won having finished second in the league. 

As said, 4th has never even won vs 3rd in all 8 seasons. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

There have been 8 seasons of the Premiership playoffs under current format. 

2nd place team leads 3rd place team 5-3 in getting to finals, and the Premiership team leads the championship team 5-3 as well, with all 3 championship teams that won having finished second in the league. 

As said, 4th has never even won vs 3rd in all 8 seasons. 

The 4th v 3rd game could get scrapped quite easily.  A pointless two games for 3rd place rather than a quick rest up after the end of the season seems like an easy call.  

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The 4th v 3rd game could get scrapped quite easily.  A pointless two games for 3rd place rather than a quick rest up after the end of the season seems like an easy call.  

Second bottom in the Premiership should play 4th in the Championship. The playoffs are too heavily weighted on survival of the top tier team.

5 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Second bottom in the Premiership should play 4th in the Championship. The playoffs are too heavily weighted on survival of the top tier team.

Never really taken notice of premiership playoffs before (as not been a potential issue before) and had assumed (wrongly) they were the same as the lower divisions. That said I think any of the championship top 4 (provided they turn up) will beat whichever top tier team is involved. 

22 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Is the Premiership not usually still ongoing when the 3rd v 4th games happen? I’m sure it was still ongoing when Caley and Arbroath played too.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is the Premiership not usually still ongoing when the 3rd v 4th games happen? I’m sure it was still ongoing when Caley and Arbroath played too.

Correct. I think with the way the set up is, it means that the team finishing second bottom plays the same number of games as the other teams in the playoffs in terms of the league + playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Yes and Kilmarnock didn't win on the last day either.

Yeah, I forgot there were a final  round of games after KFC played Arbroath in the penultimate round of fixtures.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Correct. I think with the way the set up is, it means that the team finishing second bottom plays the same number of games as the other teams in the playoffs in terms of the league + playoffs. 

I think 3rd and 4th play an extra round of games, if they get to the final. 36 (+2 +2 +2) 42 compared to Premier playoff team playing 38 +2 playoff games (40) which is the same number as 2nd placed Championship club, 36 +4 (40) if they reach the final 

5 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

100% agree, been saying this for years! It’s the same in every other division in Scotland don’t see why it should be any different personally. No chance of it happening though. 

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

4th in a league of 10 shouldn't get anything imo, as funny as it was that we benefitted from it in 2006.

I take your point but it’s what makes football exciting. QP finished 4th last season 20 odd points behind Airdrie, they beat 9th in the championship. Look what happened and where they are now. Worthwhile in my opinion. By finishing 4th you’ve earned that small chance to shock everyone. 11th in the prem have likely been woeful all season and on most occasions were lucky not to be bottom. Just my opinion but I can understand somewhat why it’s the way it is. 

Edited by Doolan9

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

4th in a league of 10 shouldn't get anything imo, as funny as it was that we benefitted from it in 2006.

Different discussion altogether, but IMO the problem there isn't finishing 4th, it's the 'league of 10' bit.